Help Locating Dangerous Inmate

Loudmouth

Reaction score
Dear Friends,

I watched the trial of Reco Jones from Detroit back in the late 90's. He was convicted of murdering 4 children and a woman named Yolanda Bellamy. He was given 5 life sentences. Once in prison he shanked some guards and got additional time added to his sentence.
So how come when I search for him on MI DOC website it says his sentences have all been discharged?? Can anyone provide insight? Is he dead and wouldn't the website say so? Pardoned? Medical release? This is disturbing.

I work at the prison that Reco Jones locked in 2017. As Reco was taking his afternoon nap (as he often did, Reco never left the housing unit except to go to chow and back) three prisoners came into the housing unit and stabbed him pretty bad. They had to blow the siren and bring the ambulance inside the prison. There were no cameras at the time or prisoners willing to give any info. Someone near the incident confided that he could here the guys say something to Reco about "little kids." As soon as it happened we all knew it was a hit.

I work at the prison that Reco Jones locked in 2017. As Reco was taking his afternoon nap (as he often did, Reco never left the housing unit except to go to chow and back) three prisoners came into the housing unit and stabbed him pretty bad. They had to blow the siren and bring the ambulance inside the prison. There were no cameras at the time or prisoners willing to give any info. Someone near the incident confided that he could here the guys say something to Reco about "little kids." As soon as it happened we all knew it was a hit.

It's better than him being out. When I read the origin post I thought maybe he got out on a technicality. If you die are you considered discharged?

There is a Detroit Crime page on Facebook and the mother of two of the victims posted. Reco's death was a topic . Apparently we knew about Reco's death before she did.

She was elated and said after 20+ years, she can finally have peace. I can't say I blame her. If you watched the trial, you'd know why. This guy went out for lunch after killing 5 people. One of the little boys he killed was running around the entire house to get away from him. He finally caught the little one as he tried to run up the stairs to escape, and brutally murdered him.

Yolanda Bellamy, the only adult victim, was holding her baby as she was being stabbed to death. Reco stabbed the little baby while Yolanda held him. The kid held his hand up to block the knife and Reco stabbed this little one's hand through and through....knife went through the palm and penetrated the back of the hand.

I can't believe this guy died peacefully in his sleep after all that. He had a better death than his victims that's for sure.

That's fantastic news. I always hoped he'd suffer in there.

What else can you share about his time in prison? Did he get visits? Did he have friends?
I hope his death was related to the shanking.

Great thread. Read like a mini novel. Opened with drama and fear. Details explained briefly and concisely.
And the bad guy gets his in the end.
And the mom got some peace.
The justice system worked here. Nice to know.

I have very sad news. Ericka Bellamy, the mother of two of the child victims and Yolanda Bellamy's sister and the person who found the bodies, passed away in May. She was the victim of a hit and run.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back