GUILTY HI - Carly Joann 'Charli' Scott, 27, pregnant, Makawao, 9 Feb 2014 - #7

Could all these delays be used to form grounds for appeal if SC is convicted? I have to wonder how the jury are supposed to remember everything when there are so many delays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could all these delays be used to form grounds for appeal if SC is convicted? I have to wonder how the jury are supposed to remember everything when there are so many delays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I was a juror in a long trial, I and my fellow jurors took notes.

Interesting that the prosecution is again calling SC's former co-workers. These are the people who saw him 5 days a week. Their testimony is crucial.

http://www.mauinews.com/news/local-news/2016/10/co-worker capobianco-talked-about-killing-again/

WAILUKU — A couple of months after his pregnant ex-girlfriend went missing, murder suspect Steven Capobianco made a comment about having to “keep myself from killing someone again,” a former co-worker testified Monday.

[...] There was a mark of some sort, a cut or a burn, across the top of his hands,” Palicki said. “He said he was helping a friend work on a car. A window fell on his hands, something like that.”

Palicki said that the mark he saw on Capobianco’s hands was depicted in a police photo of the backs of Capobianco’s hands.

[...]

Palicki said there was one serrated knife with a 14-inch blade and rubber handle that was shared by the bread and cake sides of the bakery.

[...]

He said the bakery “finally got a knife.”

“What happened to the old one?” Rivera asked.

Palicki began to say “it disappeared” before defense attorney Jon Apo objected to the question.

[...]...cut marks on the jawbone indicated a serrated blade, such as a steak knife, had been used.

Police found the jawbone fragments in a wooded area down a dirt road to Nuaailua Bay

[...]

Ashley Sylva, who worked as a cashier at Mana Foods until Oct. 1, 2015, and said she considered Capobianco “one of my best friends.”

[...]

Sylva knew Moreira “Mo” Monsalve, a 46-year-old Maui woman who went missing Jan. 12, 2014, and had talked a few times about her disappearance with Capobianco.

[...] ‘What do you think happened to her?’ ” Sylva said. “He said if it was him he would just throw her off the side of the cliff.”

The trial was scheduled to resume today.

I know, I know...just a bit of fair scrutiny here...

"Stop me before I kill again" is a meme in pop culture. Song lyrics, movie lines. People often will use the entire line or paraphrase it for clever (or not so) effect. We all have used popular lines that way.

In context with the quote in the article, he was expressing anger with a guy who left bruise marks on a girl. His sincerity is assumed to be questionable, but I honestly wouldn't take that comment literally.

I believe he is guilty, but when we suspend discernment, we become irrational and justice is not served.

So, I don't see that comment, or the one about throwing a victim off a cliff as self incrimination, necessarily, they are still worth noting.)

I wonder if the "friend with bruises" was Taylor. She testified that she and Danielle were best friends.

I'm sorry but I think it sucks that everyone within SC's reach has been under scrutiny for their roles in his life.

Knife missing from Mana. Good God
This to me speaks volumes. Case closed.

http://www.mauinews.com/news/local-news/2016/10/co-worker capobianco-talked-about-killing-again/

Rivera asked Palicki whether masking tape was used in the Mana Foods bakery.
“Every day,” Palicki replied.
He said that masking tape is used to hold paper in place on an angled sheet pan used to display pastries.
Shown a photo of two rolls of masking tape recovered in the investigation into Scott’s disappearance, Palicki said that the rolls looked like the “general masking tape” used in the bakery.

Knife missing from Mana. Good God
This to me speaks volumes. Case closed.
Do we have the date it went missing?
I only read the Mauinews article. It just basically said they have a new knife because the old one went missing. No chronology. If it went missing between @ December '13 & Feb 9 '14, then extremely significant info.

Hopefully this isn't a huge leap but is it safe to assume that Rivera brought up the missing Mana knife to show that a knife was in fact missing? In other words, if Kalipo Pl isn't missing a knife, maybe his place of employment is. I hope this is significant.

http://www.mauinews.com/news/local-news/2016/10/capobianco-trial-on-hold-for-now/

Apo’s comments in court suggested the issue involved a prosecution witness who was earlier described as having been Capobianco’s cellmate in August 2014.
-------------------------------------------------
In a court hearing Monday, First Deputy Prosecuting Attorney Robert Rivera asked the judge to reconsider a ruling excluding evidence from DNA testing done by Sorenson Forensics and the FBI laboratory.

Rivera argued the evidence should be allowed because “the defense has opened the door” in its questioning Aug. 31 of Maui police Detective Leif Adachi.

He recovered a pair of DKNY blue jeans, stained with Scott’s blood, that a searcher found over a guardrail at Mile Marker 9.5 along Hana Highway on Feb. 13, 2014. Adachi testified he found a hair in the right front pocket of the jeans when he examined the evidence at the Wailuku Police Station later that day. Adachi testified he returned the hair to the pocket.

-------------------------------------------------
He ruled Monday that the defense questioning of Adachi didn’t “open the door” to allow the DNA evidence, denying the prosecution’s motion to reconsider the court’s earlier ruling. :sigh:

Christopher Lee confessed today in court at his murder trial that he killed Erin Corwin.
It happens. Wonder how much longer Steven can hold out before he cracks.

Christopher Lee confessed today in court at his murder trial that he killed Erin Corwin.
It happens. Wonder how much longer Steven can hold out before he cracks.

His confession was a tactic, though, not a purging of his conscience. He claims Erin was molesting his little girl. What scum he is, too.

I am very curious to hear the testimony of SC's former cell mate.

His confession was a tactic, though, not a purging of his conscience. He claims Erin was molesting his little girl. What scum he is, too.

But he confessed!!
Which reminds me of Apo and this big lie to protect Charli. Steven is going to try to pull something out of his hat. We've been put on alert, like the Christopher Lee jury was when the defense attorney questioned a witness about Erin Corwin's relationship with the defendants daughter and we all wondered why. Something bad is going to be said.

Perhaps Rivera is trying to drag his side out to the vacation so the Jury can stew on it whilst away, leaving it fresh in their minds as opposed to Apo.

Perhaps Rivera is trying to drag his side out to the vacation so the Jury can stew on it whilst away, leaving it fresh in their minds as opposed to Apo.

I thought the same thing. Rivera is slowing down the momentum. Apo is ready to pounce like lion. I know Apo gets the thumbs down from a lot of you but I think he's aggressive and balls-to-the-wall. If he was the prosecutor, SC would've been convicted by the first of July. I know his antics are because SC has zero defense for the case against him. I'll never forget the scourge and disgust on Apo's face during opening statements when he pointed and turned around to look at SC. He doesn't like him. SC tried to lean over and talk to him once and Apo scooted away and then stood up and went for a walk. Apo is doing his job. Acting crazy and saying random, hurtful things is just an act. We can all agree that there have been a lot of mistakes made in this case by MPD. But show me one case that is presented flawlessly. I am surprised at the amount of resources that were applied to prosecute Charli's killer. It heartens me that MPD tried. They really did. Charli's nephew is named for one of MPD's officers. Not to mention Rivera is literally breaking his back to convict SC!

Prayers going out that the jury remembers that Charli was a mother, a sister, a daughter and a friend that was killed because her pregnancy was going to "mess up plans with his new girlfriend". The jurors need to ask themselves, is SC fit to reenter society?

Charli Scott Missing Persons PSA
Try to open it on youtube".........nothing new though, HGO.

OT

Someone on this thread mentioned the film "The Perfect Getaway", filmed in beautiful Kauai. I just watched it. Loved the exterior shots, but I had to put it on mute and turn on the captioning because the soundtrack was way too creepy for me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back