GUILTY HI - Cyrus Belt, 2, thrown from Honolulu overpass, 17 Jan 2008

Thanks, SewingDeb, for all the new information. My prayers for this family. I am not surprised that the man who killed Cyrus was mentally ill.

POSTED: 12:18 pm HST May 5, 2010
UPDATED: 8:57 pm HST May 5, 2010

HONOLULU -- A Circuit Court judge on Thursday sentenced Matthew Higa to life in prison for killing toddler Cyrus Belt.

Judge Dexter Del Rosario gave Higa life in prison with the chance of parole.

He must serve at least 15 years before being considered eligible for parole. Honolulu Prosecutor Peter Carlisle said he would ask the Hawaii Paroling Authority to make Higa spend at least 200 the rest of his life in prison.

More at link:
http://www.kitv.com/news/23467267/detail.html

Matthew Higa

Bench Trial - Guilty
Sentence Date: 05/05/2010

Offense: 2nd Degree Murder
Sentence: Life with parole

The story above says the judge set a 15-year minimum sentence, but the prosecutor said he will ask the Parole Board to set a minimum of 200 years. Not sure who makes the call here.

Wow.............says the killer was addicted to meth and so was the family of the victim.

This drug makes people crazy, it's so sad

I was trying to follow this on local news. I haven't seen a whole lot of coverage on the news channel that I have been watching.

Thanks for the update belinda!

I pray that this convicted murderer stays behind bars for 200 years. Let the punishment fit the crime! No drugs, no freedom, general population!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back