HI HI - Hauula, 'Barnacle Bill' UP6909, 19-25, SCUBA suit bought In Tacoma, Nov'82

Bumping, or perhaps bobbing like a harbor buoy....

Where did you launch?
Did you cast off a howser, untie a cleat?
Was a joyful Bon voyage! heard, or a muttered good riddance?
Where you part of a large crew or a solo pilot?
Did you monitor diesel screws or sails?
What kind of warning did you have, what notice to don the orange suit?
When you entered the sea, was the sky dark, light, or gray?
Was your last vision of endless stars, pelting rain, or a blazing sun?

A few of us want to know....

Bumping for Barnacle Bill, may your identity become known in 2017.

Go for it, Laughing. The more the merrier, and as long as BB remains nameless he is deserving of another poem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Laughing: Bill, Adrift

long ago I fell
drifting on the waves
seeking Hawaii
Tropical daybreak
sky shining
ships always moving

I'd tell you my name if could

I used

http://www.runokone.com/makeapoem/index.php

for some inspiration. I think the home language of that site is Finnish?

Our floating friend is still unidentified.

Sad, sad, surely someone misses him???

So I have never scubaed in my life, in fact I've never even snorkeled. The ocean scares me, so when i'm at the beach I just kind of hang out in the shallows. So an exposure suit is only used when diving in cold water? To protect from cold, or can it be used in the heat as well? It does seem strange he would have shorts on then, and if Bayley was a more expensive product he wouldn't have just bought it for a costume or for the heck of it. (im assuming anyways...)

Moto, I'm no expert, but apparently this type of suit is for emergency evacuation of ships & boats at sea only. Similar suits are stored on merchant ships & on private boats. Plenty of time to read about these suits & ponder about our "Bob."

Occasionally you'll see one on the crabbing TV show, Deadliest Catch.

The suit that washed up in Hawaii was purchased in Tacoma, Washington IIRC.

"Bob" has not yet been linked to specific Pacific shipping incident or boating accident.

"Bob" possibly had on shorts under the exposure suit due to little lead time.

Our mystery man, "Bob!"

I came across this and I don't know if anyone has mentioned it before. but could this guy been a surfer or a surf kayaker? Apparently they wear dry suits..who knew?!

http://www.surfline.com/community/whoknows/whoknows.cfm?id=1113

However, I have had an inspiration. I have noticed the surf kayakers use drysuits. Not only are they very easy to get in and out of, but one also pulls them on over undergarments such as fleece. There is negligible exposure of bare flesh to the elements during this process. Much faster and much less uncomfortable.

I don't know if surf kayaking was known in 1982?

If so, certainly possible.

Oh I did not think of that.. maybe Kayaking?? oh who knows.. Just throwing it out there because you never know.. He was doing something in the water someplace.. that we know!
I don't know if surf kayaking was known in 1982?

If so, certainly possible.

what if he was put in the drysuit? Perhaps he was murdered and then his killer put him in the dry suit thinking it would keep his body contained better than just throwing it bare into water. I don't know how hard it would be to get a dead person into an exposure suit... ive never tried. :thinking:

Been serching through Doe Network for men that have missing arms... none so far. I wish we knew a race

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back