Hillary Swank and Chad Lowe split up after nearly 9 years of marriage

Not being sarcastic on this one. This truly suprises me. They didn't exploit their marriage and seemed truly in love. When you looked at him he was always looking at her with such adoration and like he was so very proud of her.

Maybe one wanted children and the other didn't. Also, you meet interesting people on the movie sets, I'm sure. He seems really cute and nice, but did he have steady work at all? Hard on the ego, even for a "nice" man.

Marthatex said:
Maybe one wanted children and the other didn't. Also, you meet interesting people on the movie sets, I'm sure. He seems really cute and nice, but did he have steady work at all? Hard on the ego, even for a "nice" man.

Yes, he's always making guest appearances on different shows such as "ER", "Law and Order", etc..

close_enough said:
I was surprised to hear that Chad was using drugs. I don't blame Hillary. I initially thought that they split because she didn't want to have children at this point in her career. Heck, I think that she was smart to postpone having children, especially with a spouse who is doing drugs/alcohol or whatever.

It saddens me that someone who so fiercely protected the privacy of her marriage would go and reveal her ex's addiction problems like this. I hope that Chad was aware she was admitting his problems in this interview, otherwise I feel it is a bit of a low blow.

Masterj said:
...I hope that Chad was aware she was admitting his problems in this interview, otherwise I feel it is a bit of a low blow.
...or a "Lowe" blow... ;)

Masterj said:
It saddens me that someone who so fiercely protected the privacy of her marriage would go and reveal her ex's addiction problems like this. I hope that Chad was aware she was admitting his problems in this interview, otherwise I feel it is a bit of a low blow.

i agree...i was thinking the same thing, when i read the article...

Masterj said:

Totally agree. I was shocked to read the news reports coming out yesterday. :(

Well maybe this will wake Chad up to want to stop using.. hard to say... They were married for a long time by Hollywood standards..

PaperDoll said:
Well maybe this will wake Chad up to want to stop using.. hard to say... They were married for a long time by Hollywood standards..
Isn't it sad that +10 years is considered a long time by Hollywood standards? Sad, but true - you are right.

The article said Chad has been sober now for 3 years. I guess I just feel like her big reveal came out of the blue. I always admired how private and non-attention seeking they were.

Does anyone know if she has a new movie coming out? The cynic in me is wondering if she is promoting something.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg
Back