HOA Injunction limiting protestors-DENIED!

If the Anthony's would stop engaging the protesters and ignore them instead, then I think many of them would go home. That whole family seems to have some major "control issues" IMO. They can't control what people think, or what people say about them but it doesn't seem to stop them from trying and all they end up doing is making the situation ten times worse. Perhaps Cindy and George should take their own advice and SHUT UP!!

I totally agree! They are basking in the Celebrity attention. Sooner or later..later methinks....they will have to quit cold turkey,when their granddaughter is buried properly & their always truthful (sarcasm) daughter goes to prison.:eek:

It is a public street so the only people that could legally block it would be LE and after the judge's ruling today, I don't see that happening.

Some other people brought up the incident of Lee and the peaceful protester with the beautiful dog. Lee had already been told by LE that they could not make the lady move because she was not breaking any law nor was she trespassing. Lee did not like that answer so he pitched a hissy fit and took the law into his own hands by trying to destroy her sign and dumping the poor dog's water out while yaking about the rules of the HOA. What B**S**!.

When Cindy and George hammer in their "No Trespassing" signs in the ground and then string tape around the stretch of grass between the road and sidewalk they are basically doing the same thing because they have been told that it is a "public easement". What is it with this family that they seem to think that the law applies to everyone but THEM. Seems they only want the law enforced if it is going to benefit them....otherwise they ignore it. They scream about Casey's constitutional right to bail while at the same time they want the rights of protesters stopped. I really wish Lee had been charged with destroying personel property or something for what he did with that sign. His behavior that day is a prime example of why many in the public are FED UP with the Anthony's attitude! I am not the type of person to go to the Anthony's and protest but if that is what others want to do then so be it. I just wish that they would do it in a peaceful manner so as not to disturb the neighbors. Still, I wonder how many of those neighbors complaining about the protesters might also be the same neighbors that gladly took money from the various media groups for allowing them to set up their tents on their lawns. :rolleyes: JMO

Wonderful post !!

I think they enjoy the attention to much

I have to agree with Monoxide. If they really wanted to have peace,they only need to do a few things.
Stay in the house.
Don't yell at people, you don't know, no matter what disgusting crap they shout at you.
Do not hold a Sunday Night Prayer Vigil at the same time every Sunday, in your driveway, about 20 feet away from the public road, in the wide open. Go get a private room, for your sake as well as the people who support you.
Forget the yard, forget the weeds, stop putting up stupid yellow tape.

Monoxide I just upped my RAM, I will be able to chase you faster now!(well a little faster)

I have to agree with Monoxide. If they really wanted to have peace,they only need to do a few things.
Stay in the house.
Don't yell at people, you don't know, no matter what disgusting crap they shout at you.
Do not hold a Sunday Night Prayer Vigil at the same time every Sunday, in your driveway, about 20 feet away from the public road, in the wide open. Go get a private room, for your sake as well as the people who support you.
Forget the yard, forget the weeds, stop putting up stupid yellow tape.

Monoxide I just upped my RAM, I will be able to chase you faster now!(well a little faster)

So,so right! Act like you have class. People with class would not stoop to do the things this family is doing. "Be careful if you argue with a fool. those watching may not know the difference!"

I think they enjoy the attention to much

I agree. They wouldn't have their mugs to view and laugh about at night while they all cuddle on the couch and discuss who called them what name and not worrying where their granddaughther is. They probably make popcorn and everything, make it family night every night.

I've been debating whether or not to protest. I admired the protesters at first and thought that I would do it if I could. I haven't been able to join them as I'm recovering from an accident. After what I've seen in the past week, I don't think I would even if I could as it doesn't seem like a safe situation. The dog lady handled herself really well and I had nothing but respect for her, but a lot of the protesters are out of control. It would be so much better if the protesters would just stand silently holding their signs. I'm still glad that the judge ruled against the HOA.

On NG a reporter said that there would be a review of their request. I heard earlier today (on Fox?) that the first time the HOA filed they neglected to inform the protesters that they were filing an injunction. That's why it was turned down by the judge. The HOA has to pass out fliers informing protesters and then it can be looked at by the court.

On NG a reporter said that there would be a review of their request. I heard earlier today (on Fox?) that the first time the HOA filed they neglected to inform the protesters that they were filing an injunction. That's why it was turned down by the judge. The HOA has to pass out fliers informing protesters and then it can be looked at by the court.

How will that work? People and faces change everyday. If and when they ever managed that, the HOA cannot tell people what they can and can't do on a public byway, sidewalk, or road(unless they are blocking it). If they were a gated community where they owned the roads, and the sidewalks, then yes, they can force the public off the private roads. The neighbors can file individual complaints. The city can enforce city codes, but the HOA has no power over the public. They do have power over the Anthony's that signed a contract with them.

What about the neighbour's rights? When was the last time they had peace in their neighbourhood? Isn't there a noise bylaw in Florida?

I believe the Anthonys should be more considerate of their neighbors...by giving Casey an ultimatum, "tell us where Caylee is or you can't live here". Problem solved.

So,so right! Act like you have class. People with class with not stoop to do the things this family is doing. "Be careful if you argue with a fool. those watching may not know the difference!"

I love that quote, and so true!!

I'd be po'd if I had some of that trashy caravan parked on my street too. Some of those people look crazy! Note to protesters here: you're going to be on camera, please wear bras if you need them and for pity sake, put your teeth in.

I can't believe that there isn't some way of blocking the street from at least the hours of 9pm to 7am. Makes me glad that I live in a gated community; we OWN the streets.

Just for the record..I adore me some toothless,saggy boobed crazzzy folks a he77 of alot better than I like folks that live in hoity toity street owned gated communities. They are a whole lot more real and down to earth and not so judgemental. JMO.

And the sidewalks do not belong to the HOA or the Anthonys. I have yet to see a video where the protesters violate the Anthony property.

Well, all they must do is GATE the community then it WILL!! lol

If you live in a gated community the city no longer owns the roadway and the HOA must at that point take over all responsibility for it. If the city needs to replace a sewer line they come in dig a hole and HOA must pay to fix it.

At that point it becomes a PRIVATE community.

If this last much longer I bet they consider that. Unless they are invited guests to the community BAM, no entrance!

I believe the Anthonys should be more considerate of their neighbors...by giving Casey an ultimatum, "tell us where Caylee is or you can't live here". Problem solved.

I believe there are even laws in place that give HOA's some ability to remove un-desireable home owners from their community but its a tricky situation.

Well, all they must do is GATE the community then it WILL!! lol

If you live in a gated community the city no longer owns the roadway and the HOA must at that point take over all responsibility for it. If the city needs to replace a sewer line they come in dig a hole and HOA must pay to fix it.

At that point it becomes a PRIVATE community.

If this last much longer I bet they consider that. Unless they are invited guests to the community BAM, no entrance!

Maybe with all of this money they may be getting they will move to a gated community like celebrities. this is why celebrities always have gates around their homes...to keep paparazi out and the rest of the media. They may just have to do that with their new fortune

Public, with public sidewalks up keep by the city. If this was a "gated" community where the HOA owned and kept up the streets, the outcome would have been different. The only people the HOA have control over, happens to the ones that signed a contract with them, the Anthony's but I don't think anyone knows what is in that contract.
A friend of mine, a lawyer said in some contracts like that, it is an option to the HOA if you or your family is causing a disruption of the neighborhood, that the HOA has the option of buying you out at fair market value, then kicking your butts out. It was also mentioned that this option was such a pain in the paperwork for the HOA, that they only would do this under extreme conditions. I wonder if they are there yet???

Off-but-sorta-on topic...

My HOA is planning to take up a vote to turn our private st. over to the city. I was thinking of this case being a perfect example of ONE reason why that's a baaaaaad idea. Not that I stand the chances of this kinda circus in my neighborhood, but, then again, the Hopesprings' residents prolly thought the same thing too a few months ago. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wulongfei125
Back