Holly Bobo’s family speaks out on ABC’s ‘20/20’- September 29, 2017

They have 42 min to cover what is usually a lot of information. They can't cover it all, and as a result, details that devoted case followers want to see get discarded because they tell the general story but tend not to get into the nitty gritty. There just isn't time.

People who watched last week's 20/20 saw and heard HB's parents, her brother, her cousin, they learned there was a gang of druggies and n'er do wells. They learned the key FBI investigator was focused on one sex offender guy and excluded everyone else and eventually was kicked off the case. They got to hear about Holly, who she was, see pictures. They saw short snippets from the trial itself, heard from ZA's attorney. And they got to see a short segment of Dylan in his interrogation, admitting he participated in the kidnap and rape of Holly, and the audience learned why ZA was given LWOP instead of facing the next phase of the trial for punishment.

Because 20/20 did their segment when they did, they do not have anyone from the state since the case is not completed. They didn't get anyone from the jury to interview. It was a rush to be the first. That too is common in the biz.

But the way it was slanted, by the editing and by the way they gave Dicus and Thompson so much Face Time, and so much 'respect'---the way they were interviewed and set up as 'experts' in the case, it really made the entire show slanted in favor of the defense. JMO

boy came back here today...first time since right after verdict...watched the 20/20 and extremely disappointed...if that is all I knew of the case I would say the jury got it wrong..I am shocked that the Bobos did this show knowing the bent it has...sad to say but I am sure they got a nice trip and payment for the show...and same with the singer cousin. I found the whole show exploitative.

When you agree to do a show like this, you have no idea how the producers and editors are going to slant the show.

I am sure the Bobos assumed it was going to be pro-Holly. Which it was, in a way. But it was also pro-defense team and was very iffy on the State/

I really felt that Eliz Vargas felt sorry for the parents but sure left the impression that the wrong person had been convicted.

But the way it was slanted, by the editing and by the way they gave Dicus and Thompson so much Face Time, and so much 'respect'---the way they were interviewed and set up as 'experts' in the case, it really made the entire show slanted in favor of the defense. JMO

I agree and wish they hadn't gone that direction.

MOO is that 202/20 wanted to be first out with a story. There is no way any of the prosecutors or active law enforcement are going to talk about the case yet, because the outcome is pending with Autry and D. Adams. So 20/20 went with Dicus unfortunately.

I think the guy arrested did it 99.9% of the time. I do not believe in conspiracy theories or bizarre alternative theories. HOWEVER, this conviction does not sit right with me. I saw nothing that tied these idiots to the crime, nothing. You have some jailhouse snitch that is lying to get charges dropped and consideration for non-related charges, and a story that makes no sense. This conviction stinks to high heaven. Terry Britt makes sense to me. LE says they bugged his place and tapped his phones and got nothing, but that guy was savvy to them doing this, he is not going to speak of this on phone or elsewhere. He was willing to cut a deal on this before the brothers were arrested!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back