Holly Bobo’s family speaks out on ABC’s ‘20/20’- September 29, 2017

Dicus is on YTV saying he thinks Zach Adams is innocent. What a dufus.

And they have Jennifer Defense lady, saying the Prosecution just wanted someone to charge with murder---they didn't care who.

Why is ABC allowing the defense team and ex-agent Dicus to spin the defense version on the air like this?

wow, why did they title this 'Holly Bobo's family speaks out?'

Because it is more like the defense and the ex-TBI agent spin a tale of blarney, to make the Bobo's look foolish.

LOL---Am I the only one left watching this 'special?' I wouldn't be surprised if so.

So far, it is all about Britt and how he should be the one in prison for Holly's death.

9 minutes left in the show, and it is still about Britt and his supposed guilt.

So this 'special' was pretty much all about how great the defense argument was and how wrong the jury verdict was. :no:

So this 'special' was pretty much all about how great the defense argument was and how wrong the jury verdict was. :no:

Pretty much.

Didn't they say at the beginning of the show that this was an exclusive interview with the Bobos? I wonder what they thought of the show.

I'm guessing most of the people watching the show did not follow the trial as closely as the posters here. If I just knew the basics of the case and watched that show, I'd come away with the impression that they convicted the wrong person.

So... from all your descriptions of this 20/20 interview - is it worth my asking my bro to download this for me??

TIA! :wave:

So... from all your descriptions of this 20/20 interview - is it worth my asking my bro to download this for me??

TIA! :wave:

Sure, anyone who followed the trial closely would probably want to watch it, but you will not learn anything new from watching it, nor will anything change your mind on anything. As to why 20/20 slanted it to seem that perhaps the wrong person was committed....the same reason networks do everything they do... they do it for ratings, and to be water cooler talk the next morning. JMO

No mention of all the credible testimony that backed up Autry's story. Just mentioned a string of jailhouse testimony- no mention that that were in various facilities and had nothing to gain - also no mention of Rivers' testimony which was very credible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Makes me wonder how many of these type shows I have watched over the years and came away with a complete distorted view of that crime/trial.

ETA: I will watch with a different perspective from now on

And that snippet of Dicus strutting down the street made me think of Saturday Night Fever [emoji23] They had way too much vital info to get in to waste time with filler like that shot and WD's music video

And that snippet of Dicus strutting down the street made me think of Saturday Night Fever [emoji23] They had way too much vital info to get in to waste time with filler like that shot and WD's music video

Exactly! I am a country music fan, and neither I, nor anyone else I know who listens to country music, has ever heard of WD, and she had nothing to do with the case. And Dicus just does NOT seem intelligent enough to have ever been lead investigator on anything to me, much less a high-profile abduction. JMO

Dicus is on YTV saying he thinks Zach Adams is innocent. What a dufus.

I think Dikus is looking to be Zach's appeal attorney or maybe building a "character" for what I'm sure will be a Lifetime movie of the week down the road. This 20/20 seemed more like a very long commercial of a Country Singer and former TBI agent that won't admit he was wrong. To me it's shameful that now after all these years, Holly's death is now being monetized.

JMO

I'm watching it now on demand and just heard Dikus say that they tested the shovel and tools in Britt's yard for Dna and found none. I don't remember that from the trial.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Questions and Comments to Nick Beres:

-no mention of the neighbor who heard HB scream
-no mention of Meth in 20/20 episode
-why was Clint afraid to go outside
-little or no mention of JoJo
-why did Karen so hastily tell Clint to get a gun and go shoot the man
-why has Drew not been more visible

Who is Jojo? 20/20 did not clarify

VERY good point about the mothers wording to Clint. This is a bizarre statement to me but I am from a very different place where gun culture doesn't really exist

Just watched this piece of propaganda again, for the second time. Elizabeth Vargas, the 20/20 narrator, described ZA, DA, JA, and SA as...."four small-time criminals". Although none had ever been charged with murder previously, I don't think most people who have seen their rap sheets would describe them as small-time criminals. I think of them more as career felons, whose crimes seemed to be clearly escalating towards what they eventually were charged with. This entire show seemed to want to plant doubt that they are guilty, and point the finger squarely back at Britt. It is almost like an hour-long endorsement for Dicus. JMO

Just watched this piece of propaganda again, for the second time. Elizabeth Vargas, the 20/20 narrator, described ZA, DA, JA, and SA as...."four small-time criminals". Although none had ever been charged with murder previously, I don't think most people who have seen their rap sheets would describe them as small-time criminals. I think of them more as career felons, whose crimes seemed to be clearly escalating towards what they eventually were charged with. This entire show seemed to want to plant doubt that they are guilty, and point the finger squarely back at Britt. It is almost like an hour-long endorsement for Dicus. JMO
I just finished watching the video. I agree with all you said about Dicus and Terry Britt. Dicus will not admit he was wrong; it's important for his ego that people think he is right and that after he was no longer the lead investigator, the TBI messed up the case. But, in what other case have 4 suspects confessed, implicating each other, while they were innocent? I didn't understand the assumption Jennifer Thompson made at trial when she claimed that people in jail like to brag (did she mean about things they didn't do?). I kept wishing the prosecution would capitalize on that because, yes, people who are incarcerated do like to brag--about what they DID. They feel safe around other convicts, especially when their closest associates have long been felons. Zach also bragged around town.

As for WD, I don't think it was her intention to get exposure for her music here. WD was instrumental in getting word out about Holly the day she disappeared. She obviously cared a lot for her cousin; they were close. 20/20 may have exploited WD and her music to gain attention to the case, and not at a good time with 2 more suspects facing trial for Holly's abduction, rape and murder. My fear is that the defense will claim this national exposure taints the jury pool. My sense was that Terry Dicus and Jennifer Thompson were the "stars" of the 20/20 show, with Terry Britt as the villain. I won't deny that Britt makes a good "villain", because he is disgusting and deserves to be locked up the rest of his life, but in reality there is nothing that ties him to Holly's abduction, rape and murder. There were times during the trial I began to think Britt was the logical suspect, but in the end I was convinced the prosecution had everything right.

MOO

I just finished watching the video. I agree with all you said about Dicus and Terry Britt. Dicus will not admit he was wrong; it's important for his ego that people think he is right and that after he was no longer the lead investigator, the TBI messed up the case. But, in what other case have 4 suspects confessed, implicating each other, while they were innocent? I didn't understand the assumption Jennifer Thompson made at trial when she claimed that people in jail like to brag (did she mean about things they didn't do?). I kept wishing the prosecution would capitalize on that because, yes, people who are incarcerated do like to brag--about what they DID. They feel safe around other convicts, especially when their closest associates have long been felons. Zach also bragged around town.

As for WD, I don't think it was her intention to get exposure for her music here. WD was instrumental in getting word out about Holly the day she disappeared. She obviously cared a lot for her cousin; they were close. 20/20 may have exploited WD and her music to gain attention to the case, and not at a good time with 2 more suspects facing trial for Holly's abduction, rape and murder. My fear is that the defense will claim this national exposure taints the jury pool. My sense was that Terry Dicus and Jennifer Thompson were the "stars" of the 20/20 show, with Terry Britt as the villain. I won't deny that Britt makes a good "villain", because he is disgusting and deserves to be locked up the rest of his life, but in reality there is nothing that ties him to Holly's abduction, rape and murder. There were times during the trial I began to think Britt was the logical suspect, but in the end I was convinced the prosecution had everything right.

MOO

Absolutely...same here. He completely fits the bill, but for the fact that absolutely nothing at all tied him to this crime, and as long and as closely as he was investigated, he most surely would have been found out and charged if he had been the one. As to WD, I decided, after posting, that perhaps I was wrong about her motives for being on the show, and deleted those comments. Thanks for your insight that I was not aware of. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back