Holly Bobo Case Status Hearings, 12/17/2014

I'll admit I've only followed this case on my periphery, but to me I'd say neither side is blameless. Of course I'm not privy to whats going on behind the scenes, but regardless, this is no more than just one big pissing contest between the agencies. On the eve of the biggest case any of them will ever work they are fighting like school children. No matter who is at fault, both sides need to put their egos in check and mediate this, if not then it's very likely that three possible murderers are going to walk. They all need to remember if their little infighting causes the three to walk and evidence comes out later that they are guilty... well that's a straight career killer for all involved.

Oh no... I have this horrible feeling that the prosecution may have bungled the case bad and that the reason they've been withholding stuff from the defense is that they don't have much strong evidence.

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if the charges are dismissed (and possibly reinstated).

This is my assumption. This case has so many red flags. They tore Zach's house down to the rafters, even taking up the floor boards looking for blood. If there was blood, they would've found it and they would have no reason to withhold it from the defense. They don't have a case.

I'll admit I've only followed this case on my periphery, but to me I'd say neither side is blameless. Of course I'm not privy to whats going on behind the scenes, but regardless, this is no more than just one big pissing contest between the agencies. On the eve of the biggest case any of them will ever work they are fighting like school children. No matter who is at fault, both sides need to put their egos in check and mediate this, if not then it's very likely that three possible murderers are going to walk. They all need to remember if their little infighting causes the three to walk and evidence comes out later that they are guilty... well that's a straight career killer for all involved.

Investigators and the DA don't get into a public squabble if there is a mountain of evidence supporting the case. I have never seen that happen. On the other hand, it would not be unexpected if there was basically no evidence and a new DA came into office being expected to try the case with what they have. The DA would see the situation as one in which they were being set up to be the fall guy, and they would not be happy about that at all.

I don't think it is about ego, it is more about who is going to take the blame. There is no other reason for them to fight like this.

I don't care who takes the blame....I think I can lay the blame squarely on
1. The Good Ole Boy System of Parsons/Darden TN
2. Lack of skill and experience of local authorities
3. TBI ..They botched the investigation by
(a) not using the media and public effectively
(b) not releasing enough information to keep the case alive and active
(c) not clearing up rumors and questions in the first 12 months
(d) not working in positive ways with the Bobo family
(e) not finding a way to investigate the suspects...they were, after all, involved in several other
crimes during the years after Holly's disappearance - which should have allowed authorities access to
some types of searches that could have solved the case in a timely manner.

This is my assumption. This case has so many red flags. They tore Zach's house down to the rafters, even taking up the floor boards looking for blood. If there was blood, they would've found it and they would have no reason to withhold it from the defense. They don't have a case.
Uh......No, just NO. IMO.

Very upsetting but not surprising to hear the latest news about the infighting with LE. We never did get a comfy feeling that they ever got a good handle on this case.

I was watching a crime show over the weekend and one thing I found interesting is that LE can go into a home without a search warrant if they suspect a person is being held against their will and their life is in danger. Im not sure if all states allow that but it was used in the case I was watching. I think LE was limited to just searching for the person.

I cant remember the term that was used on the show for the type of search that was done by LE. They had a term for it and it was interesting.

If TN has that law and if LE suspected these suspects had Holly in the early days of Holly being missing then it seems that LE could have just barged right in and look for her.

I have to wonder if ZA was being protected by certain higher ups people in that community. It seems he should have been behind bars long before this happened and yet was out free. I wonder if he was being used by certain people for certain things. Whether it be money or other illegal things. He could have had a support network that allowed him to remain free. With certain people profiting off of him.

Just something that comes to mind when things begin not to make sense. And now that we hear of infighting, perhaps some of this is coming to light and certain new people want no part of it.

It sounds like DA Stowe may be stepping on some toes.

How many here has continuously criticized the TBI and how they have handled this case? Maybe Stowe has the same opinion.

Maybe he blasted them during the meeting telling them they should have produced the evidence to arrest these three much sooner and because they took three years it has made his work harder.

If he did tell them how he felt they could have gotten their egos hurt and now want to bow-up and refuse to be involved in any cases in his district.

While I have given the TBI the benefit of the doubt in this case...... I have seen in other TN cases where they do think they run a case when they aren't even the ones that have to prove it BARD in court.

IMO

Re: Bolded part

I think I recall in the Adam Mayes case there was very similar infighting between the TBI and other LE agencies and departments. It may have been with TBI vs Mississippi LE. I wish I could provide the link but there was a particular Live News Update report shortly after they rescued the 2 girls and it was amazing to watch. Someone had pointed it out what to watch for and it was just amazingly sad to watch as you could cut the tension with a knife and you could tell there was lots of infighting between LE agencies that must have went on. Some of it may have been due to jurisdiction issues.

The live interview was your typical everyone pat everyone on the back type of interview but when you watched 1 particular person and listened to what he was saying he all but admitted there were lots of strong differences of opinions on how things got handled. Luckily that case ended up with the girls rescued but it was just the sort of thing that can derail a case.

Lets hope this case has not already been derailed.

Re: Bolded part

I think I recall in the Adam Mayes case there was very similar infighting between the TBI and other LE agencies and departments. It may have been with TBI vs Mississippi LE. I wish I could provide the link but there was a particular Live News Update report shortly after they rescued the 2 girls and it was amazing to watch. Someone had pointed it out what to watch for and it was just amazingly sad to watch as you could cut the tension with a knife and you could tell there was lots of infighting between LE agencies that must have went on. Some of it may have been due to jurisdiction issues.

The live interview was your typical everyone pat everyone on the back type of interview but when you watched 1 particular person and listened to what he was saying he all but admitted there were lots of strong differences of opinions on how things got handled. Luckily that case ended up with the girls rescued but it was just the sort of thing that can derail a case.

Lets hope this case has not already been derailed.

Hatfield. although I included another MS Media article/video, the first one<BBM> is prolly the press conference that you are referring to. Watch and listen to the responses by the FBI OIC's and TBI Director Mark Gwyn. Speaks volumes, imo... Pay close attention to the answers provided to the journalists questions near the end of the presser.

Raw video of the FBI&#8217;s information release in Alpine, MS on the recovery of Alexandria and Kyliyah Bain and the death of Adam Mayes.
http://wreg.com/2012/05/11/video-fbi-overnight-update/

Authorities: Girls 'within inches' of kidnapper who turned gun on himself
http://edition.cnn.com/2012/05/11/justice/tennessee-missing-children/?hpt=us_c1

By Mariano Castillo and Greg Botelho, CNN
May 12, 2012

Police have revealed that after their kidnapper shot himself in the head just inches from them, Alexandria Bain turned to her younger sister Kyliyah and said, 'Now we can go home'.
Rescued by police after a late night tip-off from a member of the public, officers stumbled across Alexandria, 12 and Kyliyah, 8, lying on their stomachs in the thick undergrowth along with their kidnapper, Adam Mayes, 35.
Having swarmed the remote woods near New Albany, Mississippi after receiving the anonymous phone call, it was a keen-eyed officer who caught a glimpse of a blonde head of hair peeking over a ridge as Mayes attempted to evade capture.

Hatfield. although I included another MS Media article/video, the first one<BBM> is prolly the press conference that you are referring to. Watch and listen to the responses by the FBI OIC's and TBI Director Mark Gwyn. Speaks volumes, imo...

Raw video of the FBI&#8217;s information release in Alpine, MS on the recovery of Alexandria and Kyliyah Bain and the death of Adam Mayes.

May 12, 2012

Police have revealed that after their kidnapper shot himself in the head just inches from them, Alexandria Bain turned to her younger sister Kyliyah and said, 'Now we can go home'.
Rescued by police after a late night tip-off from a member of the public, officers stumbled across Alexandria, 12 and Kyliyah, 8, lying on their stomachs in the thick undergrowth along with their kidnapper, Adam Mayes, 35.
Having swarmed the remote woods near New Albany, Mississippi after receiving the anonymous phone call, it was a keen-eyed officer who caught a glimpse of a blonde head of hair peeking over a ridge as Mayes attempted to evade capture.

Yes, that was it. Thanks Foxfire.

This is my assumption.

This case has so many red flags.

They tore Zach's house down to the rafters, even taking up the floor boards looking for blood. If there was blood, they would've found it and they would have no reason to withhold it from the defense.

They don't have a case.

1st BBM: I agree that there are many "red flags," however, we may disagree -- or maybe agree -- on what these red flags are.

:) but that's okay !

2nd BBM: I may be in the minority here, but I do believe they have a case.

We know for a fact that SA had -- or may still have -- an "immunity agreement." IMO, SA obviously rolled on his 2 BFF's. Also, I think DA rolled on his brother and his brother's BFF's.

I think the demeanor of Dylan and Zach at last week's hearing said it all: Dylan looked like he saw a ghost, and his brother Zach was shaking like a Chihuahua ! But on the other hand, the "alleged" leader of the gang, JA, was cocky and laughing it up like he was at a meth party -- Despicable !

I was hoping that something -- anything -- would have come out of that hearing ... but nothing, which does not necessarily mean there is no case against this bunch.

Sometimes I wonder IF we will ever find out the TRUTH as to what happened to Holly, and if there will be trial and justice for Holly !

On the other hand, I wonder IF -- God forbid -- that this bunch walks with a slap on the wrist :gaah:

I would expound on what I think is hinky in this case, but I have to do my :santahat: shopping this evening !

So check back with y'all later !

JMO and :moo:

:sleigh:

:seeya:

Foxfire, you are an "Encyclopedia" ! I sure wish I had your memory !

:) :) :)

:seeya:

Foxfire, you are an "Encyclopedia" ! I sure wish I had your memory !

:) :) :)

Thanx for the kind words, dog.gone.cute. 'Now what were we talking about'? :thinking: Honestly, dog.gone.cute., I've been searching for that article/presser link for weeks now.. Hatfield, and the Jessica Chambers tragic murder just gave me the motivation to search a little harder..
Many of the msm presser articles/videos of the Bain sisters' rescue have since aged off.. The Memphis FBI Agent in charge is very impressive, well spoken, and appreciates the value of an aware public as an investigative resource, imo. Awareness is the key...

'dog.gone.cute, aren't you supposed to be out Christmas shopping'?

^^ 'dog.gone.cute, aren't you supposed to be out Christmas shopping'?
:lol::lol: shouldn't we all be?! :lol::lol: Merry Christmas :seeya:

Hatfield. although I included another MS Media article/video, the first one<BBM> is prolly the press conference that you are referring to. Watch and listen to the responses by the FBI OIC's and TBI Director Mark Gwyn. Speaks volumes, imo... Pay close attention to the answers provided to the journalists questions near the end of the presser.

May 12, 2012

Continued-->

<sniped & BBM for Focus> "When will they ever learn"? 'Where have all the Flowers gone'? --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eyof5doUFzk

Silence and misinfo by LE via MS Media/Social Media only creates rumor, speculation, conjecture, and is the predator's most lethal weapon. This 1970s silence investigative strategy is antiquated and impedes a succesful outcome, imo. To hold back all critical info discourages citizen awareness and hinders their participation<tips> in missing/murdered person's investigations. The American public; analogous to a security cam across the landscape of the USA is a very valuable investigative resource to squander..imo

Investigators, after two weeks of scurrying around likes ants in a hot frying pan due to silence and misinfo via msm by the MS/TN task force investigation of the Bain sister's abduction by Adam Mayes. On May 11, 2012, Jane Valez Mitchell interviewed the conveinence store clerk where Adam Mayes was seen on security camera. The clerk released<outed> Mayes' vehicle description. It went viral on social media, and in less than 24 hours a citizen's tip came in and the Baines sisters were rescued and Adam Mayes committed suicide.. The American public is a very valuable investigative resource to squander in the 21st century.

<Jane Valez Mitchell interview of the conveinence store clerk-HLN Video>

A question

IIRC, the judge ordered the DA to file a bill of particulars within 7 days of the status hearing on Dec 17. 7 days is today, Dec 24. Since this DA has asked for a special prosecutor, will the DA's office still have to have the bill of particulars by today?

I imagine they would. Even with a new prosecutor, the current ones would still know the facts of the case so there is no reason why they cannot present them even if someone else is going to prosecute the case in the trial. The facts won't change just because there is a different prosecutor, and they can't cherry pick the facts they like and ignore those that they don't.

If I was the judge and they did not pony up, I would dismiss the charges. What the prosecutors office is doing is unacceptable.

Bumping....

:seeya: Bumping also, Foxfire.

I just checked a few of the msm sites, and nothing :(

Anyone find any updates ? TIA !

Guessing that with the holidays and the new year holiday on Thursday, we won't hear anything until next year . . .

:gaah:

I imagine they would. Even with a new prosecutor, the current ones would still know the facts of the case so there is no reason why they cannot present them even if someone else is going to prosecute the case in the trial. The facts won't change just because there is a different prosecutor, and they can't cherry pick the facts they like and ignore those that they don't.

If I was the judge and they did not pony up, I would dismiss the charges. What the prosecutors office is doing is unacceptable.

I agree and this brings up an important question.

If the judge gets mad can he throw out the case altogether and leave it in a state where the prosecutors can never re-try this case? Kind of like the double jeaopardy rule.

I had always thought that the prosecution could drop their charges and then retry in future if they get more evidence. But if judge does something, then maybe the judge can do something much more powerful which would leave it in a state where they could not be retried? I dont know how this works.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back