HOLLY BOBO on Nashville's Channel Four 4-29-13

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like some other news organizations have been checking into WW. The non profit group was running in the red?...I am praying that this had nothing to do with this stunt.

From your link wfgodot:
Since the stories aired, agents with the TBI have gone through the appropriate legal channels to obtain the information provided to “Without Warning,” as well as video footage from WSMV. No information contained in the documents and video has led to any new evidence in the two year old investigation. The majority of documents contained in the binders are print outs of social media sites, comments posted on various internet websites, personal notes, public records, news articles and a production shooting schedule.
BBM. Clearly a subpoena was issued for the material.

For those of you still holding out hope regarding the cell phone ping info:

By their own admission, members of “Without Warning” said they had no geolocation information about Holly Bobo’s cell phone after her disappearance including the exact locations and times the phone “pinged” as reported by WSMV. The source of the incorrect and unofficial cell phone information has stated that he told “Without Warning” members the information was not accurate when he provided it to them
This stunt should be criminal.

Also from Jackson Sun link - most articles I've seen list these five items (in addition to the ping map info and case file binders) "uncovered" by the Wysocki group and challenged by TBI:
TBI refutes several other allegations made in the reports including that the crime scene was contaminated by people, horses and helicopters, that there is dash cam video from a law enforcement vehicle of the subject, and that there were 21 sex offenders registered at the coon hunt that Holly attended shortly before her disappearance, and that an eyewitness was stripped searched. Further, there is no evidence to suggest that Holly Bobo is a victim of sex trafficking.
Has anyone seen additional items like these, information refuted by TBI? If possible please add on, with a link to the source.

Background only:
This Jackson Sun story is from June 2011.
"Holly Bobo's family questions early handling of investigation"
Link to Jackson Sun does not work,but I had the article on a notepad to read at a latter time. I have selected paragraphs to highlight the tone of the story:

"The Bobo family said they are concerned as to why an immediate, comprehensive search was not done of the woods where Holly, then 20, was taken and that they believe a large portion of people who came onto their property that morning were a hindrance to the investigation. Other neighbors and searchers say a lack of organization seemed to complicate the investigation. Law enforcement officials deny this, despite multiple people describing what one searcher called "a mess."
<Snipped>

"A lot of people stuck their nose in law enforcement business that day, and too many people showed up there at one time," Wyatt said. "We were trying to keep people away as best as we could, but when you have a few hundred people showing up, it is hard to do."

Wyatt said the deputies had a hard time keeping people from going into the backyard, but that no one walked around the area where Holly was last seen.
<snipped>

The family mostly has remained quiet up about the investigation at the advice of the TBI and have been told very little, they said. Mehr said it is the policy of the TBI not to release information about an investigation until it has been solved. He also said no one is cleared as a
suspect until the case is solved.

Fast forward to May 2013(one month shy of two years)
Holly's families desperation is obvious in how this group was able to take advantage by offering hope ....hope to bring Holly home.

We are still waiting for a break (tip) or an even more rare 'presser' from TBI .

MOO

From my observation, more than half of the video is telling the public Clint is not involved. That is a very large portion of their message. I don't believe they decided to devote that amount of time to the video presentation doing this unless prompted to do so.

It is my impression that Clint's mother is distraught over social media picking on him and wanted this search team to dispense information out there to get people off her son's back.

I still question why the family did not invite professional organization immediately...such as Equusearch.

Since when do tv station reporters call the LE to get information? That stopped about 15years ago. No LE source will ever confirm or deny any thing the media calls about. Consequently, they get their info from other news sources. They repeat it and add their own take on what they were told.

That is the way it works nowadays.

This organization states they got their info from the family and social media and they came to conclusions because of it. The only thing that may be questioned is the cell pings. However, the source (?) says they weren't accurate. Well, if they weren't accurate, why give this group inaccurate information to put on TV?

Since when do tv station reporters call the LE to get information? That stopped about 15years ago. No LE source will ever confirm or deny any thing the media calls about. Consequently, they get their info from other news sources. They repeat it and add their own take on what they were told.

That is the way it works nowadays.

This organization states they got their info from the family and social media and they came to conclusions because of it. The only thing that may be questioned is the cell pings. However, the source (?) says they weren't accurate. Well, if they weren't accurate, why give this group inaccurate information to put on TV?

The Bobo's must have needed someone to interpret the ping records. The person who did it, in my opinion, couldnt pin point a route of travel using the cell phone with a degree of accuracy.

Why shouldnt the person turn it back to the folks the Bobos hired? It makes sense to tell those folks that it wasnt accurate. It is not up to that person to edit the information the PI's wanted.

The PI's were supposed to be credentialed. Ms Wysocki states that she is credentialed. I have never in all my born days encountered a group claiming to be credentialed that inserted themselves into a case with this kind of result unless they were psychics, or some other kind of Johnny on the spot self proclaimed expert who was looking for publicity on the backs of real pain and suffering.

The station has no business forging ahead without at least a "TBI refuses to confirm or deny" on the books imo. Beyond that, LE will certainly squash stories that they feel will hinder an investigation. I disagree that LE doesnt give any other kind of statement-maybe not just publicly.

This series has been villified by LE as has WW. It is justified completely and I think the Bobos had no idea what they were in for...The blame lays at the feet of Channel 4 and WW. Disgusting.

O/T but On Topic-

Anyone wonder what websites and social media sites they used for this master plan. That has to be the worst part as far as I am concerned...They combed social media for opinions and adopted them...that must have been where the sex trafficking came from. I bet we will find a site that discusses 21 sex offenders appearing at the Coon hunt.

Shameful.

Not sure now where I saw this but TBI did issue a "we don't comment on information developed by private investigators" statement early on during the Wysocki "ratings winner" episodes.

Not sure now where I saw this but TBI did issue a "we don't comment on information developed by private investigators" statement early on during the Wysocki "ratings winner" episodes.

I would love to see this aspect dissected fwiw.

It would be nice if the TBI came out and set the record straight point by point and clarified the 3 years of hogwash that has been put out not only by them and everyone else... but I don't think that will happen.

I am having a hard time wrapping my mind around WW being this, for lack of a better word, stupid. Didn't they know that LE and TBI would be on them like ugly on an ape? I wonder if the motive was to flush out the culprit with statements that would make him think that they had a video record and make him think that an arrest was imminent. It just doesn't make sense to me!

From my observation, more than half of the video is telling the public Clint is not involved. That is a very large portion of their message. I don't believe they decided to devote that amount of time to the video presentation doing this unless prompted to do so.

It is my impression that Clint's mother is distraught over social media picking on him and wanted this search team to dispense information out there to get people off her son's back.

I still question why the family did not invite professional organization immediately...such as Equusearch.

BBM: Can you please provide a MSM or LE link as to how you know this type of statement to be true? Thanks.

I am having a hard time wrapping my mind around WW being this, for lack of a better word, stupid. Didn't they know that LE and TBI would be on them like ugly on an ape? I wonder if the motive was to flush out the culprit with statements that would make him think that they had a video record and make him think that an arrest was imminent. It just doesn't make sense to me!

Honestly, I think this is giving them quite a bit of credit. If this was the intention, a responsible group would have telegraphed this intention to LE and to the news station. If the PI's in the group are former LE, then they absolutely know that you dont step onto someone else's patch with little or no information and grandstand. It isnt done.

I mentioned a while ago that a seasoned group of PI's would approach LE and offer assistance...that they would sign non disclosure agreements. They would give public statements that were coordinated with LE for specific purposes. If that kind of relationship existed here, LE and the DA would not be issuing a public shaming.

Now the focus is on WW, not on Holly's case. LE has debunked the series completely, which means imo that anyone who believed they had some information to share may be confused and driven back into silence. At least this is my fear.

What a waste. :banghead:

wfgodot, I think the TBI could have just ended the statement at "we don't comment"..

How many investigations do we see that end with the statement; " Without the public's help we would not have solved this case."

"The American Public is a very valuable investigative resource"!

"When the HSI special agents investigating this case ran out of leads, we turned to the media and the general public for help," said ICE Director John Morton. "A day later, a tip from the public has led to the capture of an alleged predator and more importantly, the rescue of a child.

I applaud our investigators, the media and the brave individual who provided critical information. Without the public's help we would not have solved this case."
http://www.contracostatimes.com/bre...ored*-search-leads-arrest-northern-california

O/T but On Topic-

Anyone wonder what websites and social media sites they used for this master plan. That has to be the worst part as far as I am concerned...They combed social media for opinions and adopted them...that must have been where the sex trafficking came from. I bet we will find a site that discusses 21 sex offenders appearing at the Coon hunt.

Shameful.

So from what I'm gathering, all those pink binders were filled with 40 some odd threads from websleuths and blink and topix and whatever else? Sickening. It truly sounds like there has been better, more thorough sleuthing done on this website than what this group did.

It would be nice if the TBI came out and set the record straight point by point and clarified the 3 years of hogwash that has been put out not only by them and everyone else... but I don't think that will happen.

For the life of me I've been trying to determine why in the world they would put out false information like they have and why the Bobo's would be so involved with such a thing. Flushing out a suspect makes no sense. Gaining attention to the case makes some sense but not really when one considers the fact that now the attention isn't on the case but on the investigaors (term used loosely). The only thing I can still come up with is that they intentionally did all of this just so TBI would do what you asked for. It seems to me that the Bobo's have, on occasion, shown frustration with not being kept in the loop by LE. The only thing that can be accomplished by putting false information out there, that I can think of, is that it may force TBI to provide some information they have about the case, even if that information comes in the form of saying such and such isn't true. By denying something, you have still said something if that makes sense.

The PI's were supposed to be credentialed. Ms Wysocki states that she is credentialed. I have never in all my born days encountered a group claiming to be credentialed that inserted themselves into a case with this kind of result unless they were psychics, or some other kind of Johnny on the spot self proclaimed expert who was looking for publicity on the backs of real pain and suffering.

They are as bad or worse than TC IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member