HOLLY BOBO on Nashville's Channel Four 4-29-13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree trafficking is less likely but possible. I also agree with many that it was someone close to or stalked her. When they said (paraphrasing) the community will be sad and upset by who it was, and the fact the PI team has "suspects", it sounds as if it is possibly someone prominent in the community or well known, imo. I also wonder if it could be someone who use to live there but now lives in another town or city and brought Holly back with them. Has family or friends ever hinted they have anyone in mind on who the perp could be?

I think Holly is alive being held, statistically unlikely I know, jmo. The placement of her stuff is weird, like the perp was playing a game. What I didn't get clarification on was, did her phone turn off at the point where the map showed they were close to Hollys home? Was it ever turned on again? The stop at the cemetery is very strange as well, maybe they were visiting a grave? I dont think she was hidden there, if she was, why not her stuff too? also seems like 15 mins is very short time period. Hearing Clint's story was good, seeing what he saw, heard and thought was happening. I'm glad they are bringing attention to her case again and the PI teams sounds like they could have a chance at solving the case.

The placement of her stuff is weird, like the perp was playing a game.
If the reporting of the items found and where they were found is accurate, I agree with this.

I am not sure that Holly is somewhere able to speak for herself, that is for sure. I guess the way I see much of this, spring boarding off of MSM which has been woefully deficient in this case (moo), is that a game was played for sure. Either before or after her abduction...and maybe both.

I am going to take the PIs with a grain of salt until we see something more concrete and less bread crumb trail from them. jmvho.

Guess, the writing is on the wall...Sure wished Shelia Wysocki would clarify that statement...

From yesterday's Jackson Sun article I linked earlier (and link below).
The television story included a video of Holly in which it said she was “singing at a coon hunt just one week before her abduction” in 2011. Wysocki wanted to clarify that the video of her singing was taken in 2009. But Bobo’s family does live near where the coon hunt takes place.
Tends to de-emphasize the investigators' contention that 21 RSOs were there "when Holly sang" in 2011. Also to call into question WSMV's journalistic integrity, ability to fact-check, etc. etc. And does make one wonder about the efficacy and goals of the investigative unit.

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20130501/NEWS01/305010007/Private-team-helps-Bobo-case

From yesterday's Jackson Sun article I linked earlier (and link below).

Tends to de-emphasize the investigators' contention that 21 RSOs were there "when Holly sang" in 2011. Also to call into question WSMV's journalistic integrity, ability to fact-check, etc. etc. And does make one wonder about the efficacy and goals of the investigative unit.

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20130501/NEWS01/305010007/Private-team-helps-Bobo-case

Yes to all of the above. All this case needs, as we have said before, is more bad reporting. :(

This is a post of mine from Oct. 2011 -

Thread #29, Post #734:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0...,0.016394&z=17

I noticed on the linked map that there was some other evidence found (not the lunchbox) at U.S. Hwy. 641 (Eaton St.) and Hwy. 69 on 4/24/11. It appears to be about a block away from the Oakdale Funeral Home. I thought this was kind of macabre; it almost seems like a mocking from the perp.

JMO

This is also about a block from Crossroads Cemetery.

The evidence found seems to be near Holly’s school, but it can also be looked at in another way as the location of the evidence found is between the funeral home and a cemetery. Probably doesn't mean anything but I thought I'd point it out now that another cemetery is in our line of sight (New Prospect Cemetery).

Really, I don't recall this? the phone was on?? hmm, surely they got the records/pings/gps, whatever to track where all it may have gone??

This is JMO and I may have missed facts presented before, but I think LE didn't disclose a lot even to the family, and now the family has gotten other folks involved and they are disclosing what they are learning. I could easily be wrong. So, its possible this is not all knew information.

Here we go with the "sold into slavery" theory...

I had the same reaction. We hear this every time someone is abducted or disappeared. But the vast majority of cases end a few miles from where they started when remains are discovered. Sad but true. :(

Pffft. Shell game. Three episodes, no mention of blood evidence, the only physical proof Holly was forcibly abducted. Loose ends aplenty. Mention of an alleged "big hub in sex trafficking," two hours away. Would possibly become first instance of person stolen from own rural yard in front of an eyeball witness to be sold into sex slavery by a man wearing camouflage.

Anything's possible. Most things aren't probable. Or even very likely.

Is the "Big Hub" supposed to be Memphis? :facepalm:

And yeah - going out to a remote property then wandering around in the woods discarding items is a strange thing to do if you're going to get big money from the slave trade. And wouldn't there be even more abductions?

I remember when Gail Palmgren was also missing everyone was trying to connect the two disappearances just because they were both blonde. Again :facepalm:

At least we got a few new details and a map out of this, but overall it's disappointing.

The thing about the "sex slave" industry is that is a business. And it is bad business to kidnap a middle class college girl- someone whose disappearance will attract a lot of heat to your organization. Much safer to coerce/bribe a poor girl from a rough neighborhood or a teen who is living off the streets and then trap them with drugs or threats. Plenty of those poor souls to go around and they might never be reported missing or their case might not be taken seriously by LE.

Not saying it can't happen but it has got to be very unlikely.

In watching the video, I got an impression that the investigative team actually know who the culprit is, but is using the "slave trade" as a red herring for their suspicions. JMO

In watching the video, I got an impression that the investigative team actually know who the culprit is, but is using the "slave trade" as a red herring for their suspicions. JMO

nosyone, very possible.. Imo, the awareness created by the TV4 Holly Bobo abduction special has been incredible. The Human Sex Slave Trafficking theme/theory was stressed to draw renewed attention by the TN community, the Associated Press, and other local, and national msm outlets, imo.

Excellent article with a virtual transcript of the final segment of the TV4 Holly Bobo special for our appropriate dissection...:dunno:

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/51740148#.UYM8arWG28A

Holly Bobo's abductor traced on winding, deliberate path

WSMV-TV
updated 5/1/2013 10:18:42 PM ET
Print Font:
The case of Holly Bobo's sudden disappearance has kept an entire community on edge for more than two years as family and friends hold out hope for her safe return.
Read More-

"Unbelievable"....

http://www.wmctv.com/story/22148708/map-finds-new-evidence-in-holly-bobo-disappearance

Map finds new evidence in Holly Bobo disappearance
By Janice Broach 05/02/2013

BBM & snipped for focus..

It has been two long years since Holly, a nursing student, disappeared from the family home in Darden.

"The lack of communication has been a huge problem," said Karen Bobo who is frustrated.

She said TBI investigators are not keeping her up on how the investigation is going.

"I expect respect, professionalism. I know they are not counselors. I just don't think it's too much to ask for information. Where they are on the case," said Bobo.

That frustration with the TBI forced Bobo to team up with a group from Middle Tennessee. They have put together a lot of information including the fact that Holly's phone was discovered in the grass in a culvert. It was found about eight miles from her home by people searching from the Bobo's church.

"They told me they felt like the phone was placed there," said Bobo.

The sim card was removed from the phone discovered about a mile from the phone.

Karen Bobo and her team have put a map together based on hits from Holly's phone. It shows a several mile radius around the Bobo home.
A route that went down a road and a turn to where a bridge was out. They drove in circles and stopped for about five minutes, then drove near Interstate 40.

Holly's receipt, lunch bag, and phone were discovered with the help of that map.

"Unbelievable"....

http://www.wmctv.com/story/22148708/map-finds-new-evidence-in-holly-bobo-disappearance

By Janice Broach 05/02/2013

BBM & snipped for focus..

It has been two long years since Holly, a nursing student, disappeared from the family home in Darden.

"The lack of communication has been a huge problem," said Karen Bobo who is frustrated.

She said TBI investigators are not keeping her up on how the investigation is going.

"I expect respect, professionalism. I know they are not counselors. I just don't think it's too much to ask for information. Where they are on the case," said Bobo.

That frustration with the TBI forced Bobo to team up with a group from Middle Tennessee. They have put together a lot of information including the fact that Holly's phone was discovered in the grass in a culvert. It was found about eight miles from her home by people searching from the Bobo's church.

Karen Bobo and her team have put a map together based on hits from Holly's phone. It shows a several mile radius around the Bobo home.
A route that went down a road and a turn to where a bridge was out. They drove in circles and stopped for about five minutes, then drove near Interstate 40.

Holly's receipt, lunch bag, and phone were discovered with the help of that map.

I completely understand why she is frustrated. However, she has now pretty much showed TBI that any information they give her will be data dumped in the public sector. So this is likely to completely and totally shut down her access.

I assumed from the first mention of the ping map that she had Holly's cell phone ping records pulled or she was the one who gave them to LE to begin with, so she had a copy.

I think it is fantastic that the public is focused once again on this story, but I am not sure I believe the sex trafficking is a red herring. I do think that it is a way of sensationalizing the disappearance and explaining the unexplainable because the PI's didnt get access to LE's files.

"Unbelievable"....

They have put together a lot of information including the fact that Holly's phone was discovered in the grass in a culvert. It was found about eight miles from her home by people searching from the Bobo's church.

This makes me wonder if the perp was someone from her church. Does anyone know if any of the RSO's attend their church? Did any of them help in the search (and might have been able to place the phone)?

If not an RSO, I would still think of a connection to her church. A church member would be from the area, know the roads, very possibly know where the Bobo's live and could easily have talked with Holly, at least on a casual basis, beforehand and knew something about her schedule.

This makes me wonder if the perp was someone from her church. Does anyone know if any of the RSO's attend their church? Did any of them help in the search (and might have been able to place the phone)?

If not an RSO, I would still think of a connection to her church. A church member would be from the area, know the roads, very possibly know where the Bobo's live and could easily have talked with Holly, at least on a casual basis, beforehand and knew something about her schedule.

Carolyn H, I was on the Easter search, and imo, the perp was heading to I-40 East towards Nashville. Anyone with gps would have been able to navigate the abductor's route. The bridge being out, and then going in circles would eliminate a local familiar with the area, imo..

The 'cell phone placed' theory was only a suggestion by the search team that located it, imo.
Imo, the cell phone & sim card were tossed from the vehicle to discard them. The grass was very high and would have buffered the landing of the phone.

Locating the sim card one mile away in the high grass was analogous to finding a needle in a haystack. If the phone was planted/placed by the abductor to deflect or taunt, then there would be no reason for the perp to discard the sim card one mile from the phone.

Holly Bobo Search 4/24/11 (Easter afternoon/evening Sunday)
http://www.jacksonsun.com/apps/pbcs...OTOGALLERIES01&Lopenr=104240801&Ref=PH&Item=0

Originally Posted by Foxfire
"Unbelievable"....

They have put together a lot of information including the fact that Holly's phone was discovered in the grass in a culvert. It was found about eight miles from her home by people searching from the Bobo's church.

Carolyn H, search teams were made up of volunteers from the Bobo's church, as well as folks from other churches, and many volunteers searchers from other areas and states, that attended the Easter Sunrise Service held at the search headquarters.
The number of volunteer searchers had dwindled by day 12 due to Easter, exaustion, and many other factors. The pastor requested that those attending the sunrise service to go home, and then return to help in the search. They returned in droves..

http://www.wkrn.com/story/15056433/holly-bobo...

RE: During the search, investigators received a phone tip which led them to a "significant" piece of evidence.

'Wondering if this was only rumor or was a text from a disposable tracphone'. If true, was it a taunt of LE? Why would a perp report the cell phone location and discard the sim card one mile away?

In the following article, there is no mention of the phone tip.

http://www.wmctv.com/story/22148708/map-finds...

I think the perp did this alone, and I don't think it's his first time.

I think he is an SO, not necessarily, an RSO.

I think Holly's abduction bears alot of similarities to other unsolved cases, and I think she is a victim of a serial predator who is screwing with authorities because he has gotten away with so much already.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member