Home Office to fund Met for another year in Madeleine McCann search, sources say

pinball

Former Member
Reaction score
The Home Office has given the Metropolitan Police enough funding to investigate missing toddler Madeleine McCann's disappearance for another year, sources claim.

Detectives asked for more money to investigate the three-year-old's disappearance in March.

More than £11.75million has already been spent on trying to find the toddler since she went missing from her parents' holiday apartment in Portugal on May 3 2007.

Home Office 'tells Met Police it will fund hunt for Madeleine McCann
for another year' in investigation that has already cost nearly £12million

Aren’t there other missing children in England? Why all the money for Madeleine? Or is this amount spent for each missing child and we just don’t hear about it in the press?

There are other missing children and I am mystified why yet more money has been given to this case. I would like to see her found but not at the expense of others.

296030182080201.gif

Does anyone other than me think all this money is spent for a bigger reason than just Madeleine? I wonder if they think solving this will lead to a bigger picture. Otherwise, in comparison to the cases of other missing children, it makes no sense. I think there is something we are not being told. Didn't Kate Mccann say, "They've taken her?" Who was she referring to? Even if the Mccanns know people in high places, it is an extraordinarily disproportionate sum of money for a single case. I have also wondered who leaves three children unattended at night in a strange country in a ground floor room accessible from a road for any time at all when at least one child can walk, then leaves the other two thinking one of the three has been abducted. Surely there was a phone in the place or Kate had a mobile. If you, as a parent were in that situation, what would you do? You might look outside, but would you not stay close?IMO

Does anyone other than me think all this money is spent for a bigger reason than just Madeleine? I wonder if they think solving this will lead to a bigger picture. Otherwise, in comparison to the cases of other missing children, it makes no sense. I think there is something we are not being told. Didn't Kate Mccann say, "They've taken her?" Who was she referring to? Even if the Mccanns know people in high places, it is an extraordinarily disproportionate sum of money for a single case. I have also wondered who leaves three children unattended at night in a strange country in a ground floor room accessible from a road for any time at all when at least one child can walk, then leaves the other two thinking one of the three has been abducted. Surely there was a phone in the place or Kate had a mobile. If you, as a parent were in that situation, what would you do? You might look outside, but would you not stay close?IMO

Agreed. I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a bigger reason than “just” a missing child for the money poured into this investigation. I don’t understand the kind of influence the McCanns have, considering the fact that they stupidly and arrogantly left these children unattended. If they had stayed home this wouldn’t have happened. Obviously this isn’t the child’s fault, but plenty of children are victims of parental carelessness who don’t get this kind of investigation for years and years. It’s a mystery on so many levels.
JMO

Aren’t there other missing children in England? Why all the money for Madeleine? Or is this amount spent for each missing child and we just don’t hear about it in the press?
Not only are there many more missing kids there are many, many more crimes committed actually here within England/UK itself! ;)

but hey....
carry on spending our hard earned taxes endlessly funding an 'alleged' crime committed in another country altogether

(I'm not even gonna mention the obvious regarding the case itself :rolleyes: lol)

giphy.gif

Coz it's not like -
WE NEED THE BRITISH CONSTABULARY kinda working on the crimes HERE IN BRITAIN

Met police dropped 30,000 criminal investigations in first 24 hours last year

Sexual assaults and arson are among the crimes that are being ‘screened out’ within a day of being reported

The Metropolitan police are increasingly dropping investigations into serious crimes such as sexual offences, violent attacks and arson within hours of them being reported, the Guardian can reveal.

The UK’s largest force “screened out” 34,164 crimes without further investigation on the day they were reported...

Screening out is the process whereby the Met decides which offences to stop investigating after a primary assessment.

... the Met said it would end investigations into many reports of crimes, including burglaries, thefts and assaults, where there was judged to be little prospect of identifying a suspect.

The force said the step was necessary to balance the books.

Investigations must be proportionate and timely – to utilise the best possible evidential opportunities.”

They added: “As soon as a proportionate investigation has been completed and reasonable lines of enquiry have been pursued and exhausted, an investigation will generally be completed.

Met police dropped 30,000 criminal investigations in first 24 hours last year | Metropolitan police | The Guardian

I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a bigger reason than “just” a missing child for the money poured into this investigation. I don’t understand the kind of influence the McCanns have, considering the fact that they stupidly and arrogantly left these children unattended. If they had stayed home this wouldn’t have happened. Obviously this isn’t the child’s fault, but plenty of children are victims of parental carelessness who don’t get this kind of investigation for years and years. It’s a mystery on so many levels.
JMO
It really makes no sense :confused:
I find most of the 'conspiracy theories' in general rather ridiculous & OTT.
This article though has a couple of points I found interesting??

:cool: ‘Strange inconsistencies’ in new ‘request for further Maddie investigation funding’
"...when the call appears to be for a further £300,000 to be added to the £11.75 million already allegedly spent – there is nothing seemingly to substantiate the request.

Says the Independent, “the Met has refused to comment”

-Snip-

...“expensive farce looking in the wrong direction” suggests there are very good reasons for continuing with ‘cash request’ announcements...

“Once any investigation is closed, the door opens for the press and members of the public to make Freedom of Information requests (FOIs)...

“All in all, we are beginning to think that Grange and the government are simply afraid of what would happen if they admit to shutting the investigation down."

‘Strange inconsistencies’ in new ‘request for further Maddie investigation funding’ - Portugal Resident

It really makes no sense :confused:
I find most of the 'conspiracy theories' in general rather ridiculous & OTT.
This article though has a couple of points I found interesting??

:cool: ‘Strange inconsistencies’ in new ‘request for further Maddie investigation funding’
"...when the call appears to be for a further £300,000 to be added to the £11.75 million already allegedly spent – there is nothing seemingly to substantiate the request.

Says the Independent, “the Met has refused to comment”

-Snip-

...“expensive farce looking in the wrong direction” suggests there are very good reasons for continuing with ‘cash request’ announcements...

“Once any investigation is closed, the door opens for the press and members of the public to make Freedom of Information requests (FOIs)...

“All in all, we are beginning to think that Grange and the government are simply afraid of what would happen if they admit to shutting the investigation down."

‘Strange inconsistencies’ in new ‘request for further Maddie investigation funding’ - Portugal Resident

Interesting. So theoretically if the investigation never officially shuts down there can be no FOI requests. I’m not into conspiracy theories either, but there must be a reason for extending this investigation for another year. It better be a good one!

Interesting. So theoretically if the investigation never officially shuts down there can be no FOI requests. I’m not into conspiracy theories either, but there must be a reason for extending this investigation for another year. It better be a good one!
I don't think it's the 'request' rather the information requested within it:confused: which they can refuse to answer??

images

- I'm gonna 'quote' as it's a lot clearer than any attempt to explain in my 'non-legal-jargon-understanding' type speak -
Dear Met Police

"Please pass this on to the person who conducts Freedom of Information reviews.

I am writing to request an internal review of the Met Police's handling of my FOI request 'Madeleine McCann - Operation Grange - Information'.
** Note: This is edited for relevance ^^**

Metropolitan Police Service (MPS)

DECISION

"Some data has been withheld as it is exempt from disclosure and therefore
this response serves as a Refusal Notice under Section 17 of the Freedom
of Information Act 2000 (the Act)."

-snip-

Public interest considerations favouring non-disclosure

It is important to acknowledge that this is an ongoing investigation into
the disappearance of a child.

As with all investigations it is of
paramount importance that the response to a Freedom of Information request does not disrupt or have any negative impact on that investigation.

Clearly such disruption to an investigation would not be in the best interests of the public.
The length of time and money that is put into an investigation does not diminish the argument above...
-snip-
The argument in favour of non-disclosure is significant as ultimately it is not in the best interests of the public to disclose any information that could prejudice an ongoing investigation, assist offenders or increase the risk of further offences being committed.
-snip-

We are not prepared to answer part four of your request
Operation Grange is a live investigation,...
-
snip-
and therefore falls within the section 30 exemption."
68416259-emoticon-wiping-off-sweat-with-his-hand-feeling-relieved.jpg

Phew...I hope this helps - lol

So lots of exemptions and excuses for not answering ;)

Anyways the full 'converstions' from he initial requests are at link.
*including all the legalese exemptions etc.

But there is A LOT of interesting info. to be found within these conversations!

There are numerous FOI Requests here as well.

Madeleine McCann Case - Operation Grange - Information - a Freedom of Information request to Metropolitan Police Service (MPS)

Don't know if a another thread would be better for this, but here's another round of "destroy Amaral " :(

Madeleine McCann parents taking legal action against Portuguese government

Just my opinion

I hate these people. I really do. They and the other “Tapas Nine” adults that traveled with them all disgust me. I think they just want to make money off of their missing (dead) daughter and they don’t care who they hurt in the process. I think they and the Ramseys need to tell the truth about what happened to their daughters.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back