Honey Boo Boo in limbo; Mama June dating sex offender

Mama June Arrested on Drug Charges: Is her Reality Show in Peril?

Mama June's Family Thinks BF Geno is to Blame for Crack Arrest

Mama June and Geno were arrested at an Alabama gas station last week after someone called cops to report they were involved in a domestic incident. When police arrived, they say they found drugs and drug paraphernalia on both of them, including traces of crack on Mama June and a needle in Geno's pocket.
Good Grief! And she has kids living with her.

Man I actually liked geno. He seemed good for her. Well
Good for them all actually.

I DVR'd the show last night to see what would be shown given the arrests. The network put a written announcement at the beginning and the daughter (Pumpkin?) said some things. Here it is:

"...Our family is going through a rough patch," said 19-year-old Pumpkin, who's name is Lauryn. "But this year alone we have had a lot of happiness. And when my mom and Alana were out in California and everything seemed good. Then the next couple months rolled around and things took a turn. We’re sharing our story in hopes that it helps another family and I sincerely want to thank our fans for always being there and loving and supporting us.”

WE also aired a statement before the episode: "We share our viewers concerns for June Shannon and her entire family. We are monitoring events as they occur and are focused, as always, on the entire family’s well-being."
Mama June's Daughter Pumpkin Says Family's 'Going Through Rough Patch'

Like I'm "concerned" for June Shannon, her adult daughter or the Geno guy. No, my only concern is for Alana and the little grandbaby. The hell with the rest.

I’m shocked WE tv are going to continue running the show. June is going to end up in jail and losing Alana to her Father. Her home obviously isn’t a safe environment for kids especially Alana and her Granddaughter.

I didn’t realise Geno was an ex-offender for serious offences. Shocking.

Mama is putting on the weight rapidly. The weight loss surgery was just a gimmick to get a new show in my opinion.
What ticks me off is that not only is the show still on but I wanted to see how they were going to spin the arrest so I watched the latest show and was disappointed in the lack of addressing it.

The show I watched featured the Geno dude getting arrested at a fair for outstanding warrants. No mention of the drugs that he and June had. I think it was a separate arrest.

Her daughter Pumpkin talks about everything but that. So is the network just gonna ignore June's and Geno's drug use? My understanding is that CPS won't be called in since the kids weren't present during the bust but it begs the question: Are these people using drugs in their home?

If so then neither the daughter or granddaughter are safe in that environment. So why are ratings trumping the safety of minors?
Doak was arrested in February 1996 on “intent to commit a theft” and then on felony burglary, for which he went to prison. In March 2009, he alleged stole a cargo trailer in Georgia and tried to commit suicide the next month. This was reportedly his third attempt at suicide. He was also reporteldy in prison in 2015. According to Daily Mail, he’s had his parole revoked a couple times as well.
On March 13, 2019 Mama June was arrested for possession of a controlled substance and drug charges, when she was found with crack cocaine and a crack pipe. She was with boyfriend Doak, who was charged with the same but was also charged with third-degree domestic violence, as reported by People.
Mama June’s Boyfriend Geno Doak Arrested on Drug Charges | Heavy.com
Disgusting. Are they seriously encouraging Alana Thompson to defend these drug users in order to keep the show rolling? What crappy role models - and we wonder why she will probably grow up to be just like them! I guess for some it's all about the money.

Not to take away from anybody in the family's own responsibility but it IS the TV network executives and program developers who are making the most money out of these shameless "reality stars". If it wasn't generating big dollars the show would be cancelled in a hot minute.
I agree. But... theoretically anyway, if the viewing public (and I'll include myself since I watched the last few shows) lost interest, either out of boredom or disgust and stopped watching then the network would drop these people like a hot potato. So I get the chain that drives this show.

In reality though it's the behavior of the central characters that ultimately affects the youngest members of this family and while we can't control what the network deems profitable we sure as hell can raise the roof over the effects on their development.

Obviously the baby doesn't know what's going on but the young lady, Alana, does and it makes me so sad to see her being warped by the influences of her mother, sister and the WE network.

Many of us have read the sad stories of former child stars and how managers and movie producers strong-armed them into doing unsavory things - Judy Garland was pressured into taking diet pills to keep slim, for example. The continuing abuse of minors in today's TV and movie world is shocking to me and IMO it says no one has learned from the past. Or maybe there hasn't been enough consequences to bring about change. I don't know.

I haven't followed this thread, but could June's drug use be recent - as a way to keep the weight from coming back too much?

jmo

That is possible cocaine can cause weight loss. It is terrible the WE network is going to film and show the kids suffering in a terrible home situation for entertainment. I’m surprised Sugar bear hasn’t tried to get full custody of Alana given the recent arrests of Mama June and Geno. What are they potentially facing sentence wise?

That is possible cocaine can cause weight loss. It is terrible the WE network is going to film and show the kids suffering in a terrible home situation for entertainment. I’m surprised Sugar bear hasn’t tried to get full custody of Alana given the recent arrests of Mama June and Geno. What are they potentially facing sentence wise?

Another season on TV? "Mama June Goes to the Big House". "Honey Boo Boo is the New Orange"?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BBrown
Back