GUILTY Hong Kong - Robert Kissel, 59, murdered, wife charged, 2 Nov 2003

LOOKS LIKE SHE HAS A NEW TRIAL!

Hong Kong milkshake murder case reopens, wife says not guilty (Reuters)
- An American woman pleaded not guilty in a Hong Kong court on Tuesday to a charge of murdering her Merrill Lynch banker husband in 2003

A nine-member jury will be selected from a pool of about 50 people for the new trial.

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE70A25X20110111

Song, thanks so much for all your inside information on this case. Wow!

I remember seeing this case on 48 Hours. I was so fascinated by this case. What are the odds of two brothers in the same family being murdered in two totally unrelated cases? So strange.

IMO money definitely does not bring out the best in people. I think more often than that it brings out the evil side in people. People can get consumed by their own greed.

It was baffling that a father had to burry two sons this way :(
However, from what I have heard he may have created monster EGO's in both of them.
Andrew the one killed in Connecticut - was a cokehead, con man, and womanizer.
Robert who used to live in my building was not during the years that I did know him.
He was also the better looking more talented one.

WHAT KIND OF CARMA IS THIS that I sure do not know, but it is sad for the old man :(

2nd JURY HEARING.

Jury hears about 2nd milkshake drinker
1-19-11

The jury in the Nancy Kissel murder re-trial has begun hearing testimony about November 2nd, 2003 - the day when the American housewife is alleged to have given her wealthy husband, Robert, a drug-laced milkshake before crushing his skull with a lead ornament.
Prosecutors read testimony given at Kissel's first trial by a Parkview neighbour who joined Robert Kissel in drinking a milkshake from the Kissel's kitchen and later became incoherent.

They were also read testimony from a domestic helper, who became suspicious about Robert Kissel's disappearance and his wife's behavior, and asked one of the victim's colleagues at Merrill Lynch to call the police.

http://www.rthk.org.hk/rthk/news/englishnews/20110119/news_20110119_56_728221.htm

hmmm? wonder how she will explain this one?

Kissel trial hears helper's testimony

25-01-2011

A domestic helper has testified that she tossed out what could have been prescription drugs following the arrest of Nancy Kissel for the alleged murder of her husband, Robert, in November 2003.
The prosecution charges that the American housewife gave her husband a milkshake spiked with a cocktail of sedatives that were prescribed for her, then crushed his skull with a heavy lead object as he was lying down in the master bedroom of their Parkview flat.

The helper, Maximina Macaraeg, also testified that she was driven to hand in a termination letter in March 2002 because she had had enough of Mrs Kissel's irritability. But she was talked out of quitting by Robert Kissel. The case continues.

http://www.rthk.org.hk/rthk/news/englishnews/20110125/news_20110125_56_729467.htm

Accused Murderer Nancy Kissel Testifies to Abuse

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704071304576159981473532322.html

She is definitely back in court, but I definitely do not believe her.

I watched this story on 48 hrs (or one of those shows like that) and was just blown away! I can't believe you knew these people- it must be so weird for you following the case. Any idea how the child (sorry, I can't remember off hand if it's a boy or girl) is doing? Didn't the child go live with the brother that was later murdered? Where is he/she now, do you know?

I watched this story on 48 hrs (or one of those shows like that) and was just blown away! I can't believe you knew these people- it must be so weird for you following the case. Any idea how the child (sorry, I can't remember off hand if it's a boy or girl) is doing? Didn't the child go live with the brother that was later murdered? Where is he/she now, do you know?

There are 3 children who did go to live with Roberts Brother.
Yes you are correct the Brother was also murdered.
Roberts sister has all 3 children, Last I knew she was living in Rhode Island.

That Alleged Milkshake Murderess Just Started Screaming "I Can See Him" About Her Dead Husband
In The Middle Of Court

Feb. 25, 2011,

>>>>>>SNIP

Then the lawyer placed photos from a holiday that the Kissels and their children took a year before Robert's death, and suggested that perhaps she had been “acting all the time.”

Nancy explained why she had kept the alleged abuse secret, and the prosecutor said: “Mrs. Kissel, you didn’t tell anyone because it was untrue.”

>>>>>>>>>>>more at link

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/nanc...-after-outburst-in-court-2011-2#ixzz1F5FYiLNH

What I sniped is what I too believe. I can not imagine that Robert had abused her.

'Ghost' Of Murdered Merrill Banker Stops Retrial

http://news.hereisthecity.com/news/business_news/12420.cntns

I wonder how she is REALLY doing - to see his ghost IMHO is either a con job, that she hopes will work in her best interest.
OR - she is cracking up in jail :( but why? why would she be cracking up? Why would his ghost be haunting her?
Is his ghost haunting her because she DID kill him, and he is making sure that justice will be served? is his Ghost haunting her because he does not want her to get his kids, because he does not trust her? OR is there another reason?

I wonder how she is REALLY doing - to see his ghost IMHO is either a con job, that she hopes will work in her best interest.
OR - she is cracking up in jail :( but why? why would she be cracking up? Why would his ghost be haunting her?
Is his ghost haunting her because she DID kill him, and he is making sure that justice will be served? is his Ghost haunting her because he does not want her to get his kids, because he does not trust her? OR is there another reason?

She killed him and she is CooCoo.

This lady is either bat-crazy, or she knew she was in for another hanging. I can't make sense of it. I watched the movie, and thought for sure she would be locked up forever. After all, I see pre-meditation all around (which only takes a second). She had to get the drugs, then put them in the blender, then ask her daughter to serve it to her dad. PRE-MED all the way.

No way, no how, did I ever expect to see her on the stand.

Bloomberg reports that Nancy Kissel's retrial for the murder of her husband, Merrill Lynch Hong Kong executive Robert, was sensationally adjourned Friday, after the defendant ignored the prosecution lawyer's questions and began screaming that her dead husband was standing before her in the courtroom.

WOW

MOO

Mel

I also find it innersting that this happened in front of the prosecuting attorney's questions, and not the defense. Things that make ya go hmmm....

I don't think she is crazy at all; she may be playing on the culture a bit, in thinking she can scare the jurors into confusion over her "ghost-sightings". Some Asian cultures do take "sightings" of the deceased very seriously. But I would think if she is being "haunted" it only points more to her guilt. She planned her husband's murder, no question in my mind.

This lady is either bat-crazy, or she knew she was in for another hanging. I can't make sense of it. I watched the movie, and thought for sure she would be locked up forever. After all, I see pre-meditation all around (which only takes a second). She had to get the drugs, then put them in the blender, then ask her daughter to serve it to her dad. PRE-MED all the way.

No way, no how, did I ever expect to see her on the stand.

Bloomberg reports that Nancy Kissel's retrial for the murder of her husband, Merrill Lynch Hong Kong executive Robert, was sensationally adjourned Friday, after the defendant ignored the prosecution lawyer's questions and began screaming that her dead husband was standing before her in the courtroom.

WOW

MOO

Mel

I also find it innersting that this happened in front of the prosecuting attorney's questions, and not the defense. Things that make ya go hmmm....
She used to live in my building - in fact her husband and I were on the tenant association board together and I still have his New York Phone numbers...(LOL)
She was not crazy at all... They know very well how to get invited to the ritziest galas, the political parties, and the most coveted fund raising events.
She know how to think on her feet - and she is very good at it.
When she did not want to answer questions, she acted nuts. WELL CALCULATED.
JMHO

Evidence completed Nancy Kissel's trial

The presentation of evidence has ended in the retrial of Nancy Kissel on the charge of murdering her investment-banker husband

>>>>>>>>>>>>SNIP

The prosecution calls it murder alleging that she gave him a milkshake mixed with sleeping pills, then repeatedly bashed in his skull with a metal ornament while he was defenseless.

>>>>>>>SNIP

http://www.rthk.org.hk/rthk/news/englishnews/20110314/news_20110314_56_740864.htm

I wonder how the verdict will come up?

HK retrial of US woman begins wrapping up

>>>>>>>snip

High Court Judge Andrew Macrae gave instructions Wednesday to the nine-member jury, which is expected to start deliberating Thursday. He also began summarizing the evidence presented over the past two months.

>>>>>>>snip

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/20110323/as-hong-kong-milkshake-murder/

Looks like it is close to a finally. Last chapter should be coming up soon. :)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaleyilene01
Back