Horses and Therapy

Oh geez you guys are so freaking awesome and making me cry! While my situation was and continues to be ridiculously difficult, it really influenced who I am today. I doubt I would have ever discovered that I'm supposed to be a preschool teacher if it hadn't have been for my son...I was able to develop skills with him which provided a great basis for my further learning and experience.

Which brings me, and us, back to Jaycee:) While no one would ever want to go through what she did, and while we all wish she would have been safe in her mom's house for the past 18 years, her story is an inspiration to so many people. The strength and perseverance it would take to survive her ordeal is more than I can even imagine. Those same qualities will serve her well for the rest of her life...okay, I'm tearing up again...

I'm sending all of you telekinetic hugs!

Oh geez you guys are so freaking awesome and making me cry! While my situation was and continues to be ridiculously difficult, it really influenced who I am today. I doubt I would have ever discovered that I'm supposed to be a preschool teacher if it hadn't have been for my son...I was able to develop skills with him which provided a great basis for my further learning and experience.

Which brings me, and us, back to Jaycee:) While no one would ever want to go through what she did, and while we all wish she would have been safe in her mom's house for the past 18 years, her story is an inspiration to so many people. The strength and perseverance it would take to survive her ordeal is more than I can even imagine. Those same qualities will serve her well for the rest of her life...okay, I'm tearing up again...

I'm sending all of you telekinetic hugs!

your quite the inspiration yourself :)
now you got me tearing up again lol jeesh you song time you all need to leave me alone already ;)

Flourish, your strength and wisdom never cease to amaze me!!! (((((Hugs)))))) back at ya!!!

I wanted to add my deep regret for the loss of your son. I am glad you are able to give to other little ones the support and care they need. I know you must bring a special love to your job as a teacher.

Thanks guys:) I'll start a thread of my own or something someday, but send me PM's if you want so we don't clutter this thread up...I'm sorry, I didn't expect to take up so many posts...but I appreciate you all very much, thank you:) I just don't want to veer us off topic ya know;)

Back when Shasta Groene was first rescued, they had her riding hosres as a part of her recovery.

Horses have those deep, soulful eyes that are so expressive, yet never express judgment. There bodies are big, though, and that part scares me sometimes, but I love just stroking and kissing their pretty snouts and patting their sides. Shasta Groene's story is so heart-breaking, and as a former Idahoan, it hit me way too close to home. I'm finally picking up my copy of People today, so I'm excited to read more about Jaycee!

Horses have those deep, soulful eyes that are so expressive, yet never express judgment. There bodies are big, though, and that part scares me sometimes, but I love just stroking and kissing their pretty snouts and patting their sides. Shasta Groene's story is so heart-breaking, and as a former Idahoan, it hit me way too close to home. I'm finally picking up my copy of People today, so I'm excited to read more about Jaycee!
Horses protect humans and don't intentionally hurt them, they do protect them.
I have a personal encounter that is very heart warming:

When I was about 32 years old and riding a bike in Central Park...A horse got spooked (not by me LOL)
(it was a horse and carriage). The horse jumped up an 2 hind legs and was jumpy...
I got very frightened and ran into the horse, by accident because I was out of control.
I suddenly ran inot the horse, fell and hit the ground with the bike, right under the horses hooves,
I thought it was all over, and what happened next was a miracle.
The horse moves slowly so that even the wheals of the carriage will not run over me.
One second I saw death, and the next second I knew the horse saved me.
Yes the bike was taken to the shop by a nice man, I was taken to a Dr. but I will 4ever remember that horse.

There is more to the story but this is all she wrote for now :)

Horses protect humans and don't intentionally hurt them, they do protect them.
I have a personal encounter that is very heart warming:

When I was about 32 years old and riding a bike in Central Park...A horse got spooked (not by me LOL)
(it was a horse and carriage). The horse jumped up an 2 hind legs and was jumpy...
I got very frightened and ran into the horse, by accident because I was out of control.
I suddenly ran inot the horse, fell and hit the ground with the bike, right under the horses hooves,
I thought it was all over, and what happened next was a miracle.
The horse moves slowly so that even the wheals of the carriage will not run over me.
One second I saw death, and the next second I knew the horse saved me.
Yes the bike was taken to the shop by a nice man, I was taken to a Dr. but I will 4ever remember that horse.

There is more to the story but this is all she wrote for now :)

heh "horse got spooked in nyc" jokes right themselves here lol j/k

I think animals can truly understand humans in a special way. I know my little dog has been a constant companion through life's ups and downs--bad relationships, lost jobs, the whole shebang. Taking care of and loving an animal and being around the unconditional love that an animal can provide seems like it can produce wonderful results for all people, regardless of the trauma or sadness in their lives. Especially for Jaycee and her family, I hope these majestic creatures provide comfort and love and fill these remarkable women with a sense of hope for the bright futures they have ahead of them. Kudos to the psychiatrists and mental health experts who brought this idea to the Duggards!

I think animals can truly understand humans in a special way. I know my little dog has been a constant companion through life's ups and downs--bad relationships, lost jobs, the whole shebang. Taking care of and loving an animal and being around the unconditional love that an animal can provide seems like it can produce wonderful results for all people, regardless of the trauma or sadness in their lives. Especially for Jaycee and her family, I hope these majestic creatures provide comfort and love and fill these remarkable women with a sense of hope for the bright futures they have ahead of them. Kudos to the psychiatrists and mental health experts who brought this idea to the Duggards!

jaycee and her girls also had numerous pets of diffrent varieties during there ordeal. im sure that helped then too.
even better now that they have humans around to love too.

bumpging for flourish, whos sons birthday is today

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back