Hotel worker sees Josh & boys day Susan reported missing

I think he was busy all night and just dropped in with the boys hoping for a free breakfast.. It was late when he left the house .....

imo

Of course it all makes sense! Josh wasn't about to spend Susan's $ or his to feed his victims! IMO he slept in the van and stole food from the hotel for the children daddy was grooming!:maddening:

This is the only thing I have read about what SP was doing around the time Susan disappeared:

" Emails show that Powell was actively working in the days around when Susan Powell disappeared on Dec. 6, 2009. He responded to emails the next morning, even drawing praise from a manager for pointing out an oversight related to holiday cards."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57374907/powell-father-kept-dozens-of-pics-of-sons-wife/

Wondered if he responded to emails from his desk at work or via his laptop on the road. Can they get IP info from those emails?

This is the only thing I have read about what SP was doing around the time Susan disappeared:

" Emails show that Powell was actively working in the days around when Susan Powell disappeared on Dec. 6, 2009. He responded to emails the next morning, even drawing praise from a manager for pointing out an oversight related to holiday cards."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57374907/powell-father-kept-dozens-of-pics-of-sons-wife/

Wondered if he responded to emails from his desk at work or via his laptop on the road. Can they get IP info from those emails?

Exactly. Now that we know JP was "working" for the software company - but hadn't been into the office since November - it's hard to know where the Powell men work from.

I don't know. This witness showing up now? Where the heck have they been? I'm with others, IF it were me, I would have kept calling, or call the newspaper. Someone! I sure wouldn't let it go.

Now, about the breakfast, it COULD be true. I went on a cross country trip with my daughter and a friend of hers. The girls always slept in and occasionally I'd go down for coffee. They NEVER once asked me anything. Some of them were Comfort Inns and sometimes others. But they never asked me my room or anything.

I wonder?
fran

Yes, we have stayed in Best Westerns and they always have the continental breakfast. You just go in and help yourself. Josh probably knew that and he fit right in. No questions asked. And we all know how he hated to spend money to feed those boys.

I just hope that this lead gives the department a better idea of where to find Susan. I'd love to know that she is lying next to her adorable boys.

I think he was busy all night and just dropped in with the boys hoping for a free breakfast.. It was late when he left the house .....

imo

ITA. He also may not have had much cash on him and didn't want to leave a trail by buying food on a debit or credit card. This route would be on the way home from any of the places Josh is suspected of being at in the West Dessert out by Dugway.

I think this is a plausible sighting.

I've stayed at many hotels with free breakfast, and no one has ever asked for ID of any kind. So while I would never just walk in and start eating - and it's hard to believe someone would have the nerve - Josh probably took advantage of the fact that the night crew usually leaves about six in the morning, and a whole new crew comes in. So no one would know for sure if he and the boys were valid guests or not.

There are usually one or two people who set up the free breakfast, and while they might chitchat with people, they have no way of knowing if someone is actually staying at the hotel. So this woman's story rings true.

So I am thinking he didn't stay there either. If he didn't leave his house until after midnight then he wouldn't be checking into a hotel in the middle of the night most likely. And the front desk might have remembered him if he tried to check in at 6:30 am. Very strange.

How far away was this from their home?

Around ten miles. Below is a map showing one of the ways home. The other way would have been through a bunch of small towns in Tooele County. But that would make the stop in Sandy way out of his way. Then I wonder, what did he do and where did he go all day until the friend got ahold of him that afternoon?

http://g.co/maps/t2qhs

I've had to show ID, but never have had a license plate number required. I took a taxi to the hotel anyway, so I could not have given one.

Same here - I have never owned a car, but this never caused me problems when staying in American hotels. A lot of hotels have shuttle buses to/from the nearest airport, so they know not everyone will have driven there.

Yes, IP info can be obtained. This will come directly from the email headers.

Additionally, if he was using the laptop and hooked into a VPN to the state, then the network traffic coming from his assigned IP can also be looked at to determine where he was.

I use VPN regularly and once connected, all of my network traffic is logged. My company also keeps all emails (including the headers) for 7 years.

He didn't have to be staying in the hotel. Sad that I can actually say this, but when I was much younger I left home and became homeless for a while. There were a few hotels that I knew of that placed the breakfast near the entrances of the hotel and I would get breakfast there a few days a week -- it was the only one offered for free. Banners on the hotels helped me know which ones were serving.

He didn't have to be checked in to the hotel.

Why didn't this lady come forward years ago?

I think it is possible to walk into a hotel that serves free breakfast. It's not like hotels have security guards checking IDs for people coming and going. Now, did that happen or not, I don't know.

10 miles from home, he is supposively seen at 6:30.
So the time frame is midnight til 6am?
Ate, went to bathroom, clean up.
I wonder if he looked refreshed?
Was he looking cold and dirty?
IF he stayed all night he would of looked ok.
Did sp meet him and transfer Susan at hotel parking lot in the middle of the night?
There was bad weather etc.
Did Susan freeze to death in the trunk of van while he slept?
So many questions now.
Let's hope LE can trace more now.
The lady may of told her story over and over and LE never took her seriously
until now.

10 miles from home, he is supposively seen at 6:30.
So the time frame is midnight til 6am?
Ate, went to bathroom, clean up.
I wonder if he looked refreshed?
Was he looking cold and dirty?
IF he stayed all night he would of looked ok.
Did sp meet him and transfer Susan at hotel parking lot in the middle of the night?
There was bad weather etc.
Did Susan freeze to death in the trunk of van while he slept?
So many questions now.
Let's hope LE can trace more now.
The lady may of told her story over and over and LE never took her seriously
until now.

The question sounds to me like maybe Mom was there either in the trunk or maybe alive the night before and when the boys woke up she was gone. Didn't one of the boys say mom had an owie? jmo

Just a thought - ?
What if Josh registered at the hotel when he was supposed to be sledding - I thought it was mentioned that the sledding took an unusual length of time.
I don't remember if he drove or not (to go sledding), but if hotel is only 10 miles from his house, could be possible.

He didn't have to be staying in the hotel. Sad that I can actually say this, but when I was much younger I left home and became homeless for a while. There were a few hotels that I knew of that placed the breakfast near the entrances of the hotel and I would get breakfast there a few days a week -- it was the only one offered for free. Banners on the hotels helped me know which ones were serving.

He didn't have to be checked in to the hotel.

Why didn't this lady come forward years ago?

I read somewhere (I think it was the first article posted here on WS) that she called the tipline but she never heard back from anyone.

This place is too close to home for him to have stayed at the hotel. I think he just stopped there on his way back the next morning after having dumped Susan. He has to stop somewhere and scam a free breakfast because he's incapable of actually caring for his boys himself, including cooking breakfast for them, unless of course they're having his "special" pancake recipe.

By law you have to have an ID and car license plate I believe.
I am a motel manager. We require ID and tag info but others may not. I am not aware that either or both are required by law (in SC.) We issue breakfast tickets for the free breakfast. No ticket...no food.

I am a motel manager. We require ID and tag info but others may not. I am not aware that either or both are required by law (in SC.) We issue breakfast tickets for the free breakfast. No ticket...no food.

Huh. I've never stayed in a hotel where I've gotten a ticket for breakfast, and I've only been asked for my tag once and ID twice. Most times, they only ask for a credit card.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back