House across the street from Horman's searched

Status
Not open for further replies.
But a lot of houses was searched correct not just this one?

Here is another map:
A = Horman's
yellow = neighbor "right across the street" / possibly searched
red = T's g'ma

Attachments

• Sheltered Nook.jpg
    Sheltered Nook.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 57
Is anyone familiar, especially any locals here, with the Luis Palau Association (Church Ministry)?
http://www.palau.org/about/contact_us

Connection?? Note the contact name on website...

Reader’s Digest Names Portland’s Season Of Service Best Service Project In America
The national magazine highlights the effort of churches in Portland, Oregon;
http://www.assistnews.net/Stories/2009/s09060094.htm

Perhaps I am looking at the wrong contact name from what you are, but I only see one shown on each of those websites, and neither rings a bell...?

ETA: ah ok....the post above where this one landed has clarified for me what you are talking about (I didn't know who DJ was, now I see what you are saying....thanks!)

But a lot of houses was searched correct not just this one?

Yes, other houses searched, but this one was of particular interest because it was "right across the street" from the Horman's. We are wondering why or if there is a connection with this house and the Horman family.

Perhaps I am looking at the wrong contact name from what you are, but I only see one shown on each of those websites, and neither rings a bell...?

On the 2nd link = DJ = same as owner of home.

Sheltered Nook goes East and West also, as well as that bend going North. Does that make any sense? So both the unmarked road and the road that bends North are SN.

That makes perfect sense Jules. Thanks

I see that there was a code violation in 2002 but I have no idea what the abbreviation stands for, anyone have any ideas? BUILT A NSFR W/O PERMITS - Thanks!

New Single Family Residence

OR

Non Single Family Residence.

I am guessing he built a little house on the back, or converted a garage.
"Granny Flats" and in-filling are very popular here and very much encouraged to keep the sprawl down. But you have to have a permit to keep it legit.

On the 2nd link = DJ = same as owner of home.

OMG, I should have read your link before posting. Well well, interesting, eh? It's a beaut valued around $800,000.

I wish I could find that arial map of Sheltered Nook on the old thread. With your plat map it makes sense now and I'd like to see this property from the air. xox

Hi Jules, On your plat map it shows Sheltered Nook making the bend to go north.

The road that separates the Horman's property from this property on SN Rd, do you know the name of it? I don't see how the parcel with the red dot could have a Sheltered Nook address. Just curious. xox

And yet they do! Crazy. The street as it goes in front of the Hormans and the street that bends north have the same name.

And yet they do! Crazy. The street as it goes in front of the Hormans and the street that bends north have the same name.

And then if you go North further it bends again to the left. :)

New Single Family Residence

OR

Non Single Family Residence.

I am guessing he built a little house on the back, or converted a garage.
"Granny Flats" and in-filling are very popular here and very much encouraged to keep the sprawl down. But you have to have a permit to keep it legit.

Or perhaps converted a little trailer to a freestanding permanent dwelling on his property?

(ETA: I don't know anything for sure, btw, just speculating - I know someone who got in trouble for doing this, and they didn't even know it wasn't allowed.)

Just a word of caution (including myself here); We don't know if this person (DJ) actually resides in this home. By all legal documental accounts he does appear to own the home but it's also possible that he may reside elsewhere and rent this home out. We just don't know at this point. Based on whitepages.com reverse search, he has or had (last update was Nov 09') a landline phone at that address but, as many here have pointed out to me, the info on those sites isn't always correct/up to date. There are also 37 DJ's listed in Portland, OR so we have to be extra cautious here... And don't hesitate to remind me if I start to lose sight of this myself! Thanks.

Multnomah County's sheriff SAID that they'd be recanvassing and reinterviewing this week.

Why are we sleuthing this guy out of the hundreds of homes and properties that were searched for Kyron?

This house was mentioned because that's where the media were today, but I really doubt that it's the only house that has been searched this week.

It makes me REALLY uncomfortable to see someone being sleuthed when the only thing he's done is own a house near the Hormans'.

JMO.

I'm just wondering...
Is this one of the homes that LE asked to search when they were doing their initial searches of homes and this owner refused so they had to get a search warrant (and show probable cause...) in order to go back and search it?

OR

Was the owner away at the time LE was doing the first phase of searches and LE is simply revisiting and searching this home now because of that?

OR

Did a recent tip or evidence lead them to this particular person/house?

AND

Boy, would I like to know if LE had to get a search warrant...

God Forbid if a child ever goes missing and I live across the street the first thing I am doing is changing my name and moving and praying you guys don't ring me out to dry LOL

Multnomah County's sheriff SAID that they'd be recanvassing and reinterviewing this week.

Why are we sleuthing this guy out of the hundreds of homes and properties that were searched for Kyron?

This house was mentioned because that's where the media were today, but I really doubt that it's the only house that has been searched this week.

It makes me REALLY uncomfortable to see someone being sleuthed when the only thing he's done is own a house near the Hormans'.

JMO.

Agreed. Putting emphasis on this particular address could result in a lot of trouble for an innocent person. It is possible they are searching every home, and doing so with the owners' full co-operation in the hopes that it may help.

It's good to follow the search, but we should take care to follow all the search, and with the caveat that no charges have been laid for anything. (Just in case we get casual lurkers.)

STOP!

As a verified local, I can tell you that I've heard from a lot of people in the Portland area that a LOT of homes have been searched around all the known search areas.

If they are searching homes on the island, for example, why wouldn't they search the neighbor(s). And if they are only searching one neighbor, maybe others wouldn't allow it? And we are not :nono: sleuthing people who readily agreed to having their homes searched!

I'm closing this thread. If we want to discuss why LE is searching homes in general, then someone may open a new thread about "Homes being searched" but we are NOT going to sleuth individual homeowners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther