How do you feel about the memorial service planned for Caylee?

How do you feel about the memorial service planned for Caylee?

• I think it is okay to have one without the family's blessings.

Votes: 283 56.4%
  • I think the family should have the final say in any memorial, formal or not.

Votes: 130 25.9%
  • I have no idea what to think.

Votes: 89 17.7%

• Total voters
I don't think anybody but the family should hold a memorial service for someone who is deceased, unless they are a very close friend of the family and doing it on their behalf. Also, not quite sure a memorial is justified in this case just yet-how do you, as an outsider (for all intents and purposes), hold a memorial service for a child whose family still believes she's alive?

Wasn't it more of a prayer service?

Good God in heaven, does it really matter if LP or anyone else called it a memorial or a prayer service? Either way he believes her to be passed on, as does almost everyone else who has been following this case.

And as far as the planner of this service not being a blood relative of Caylee's, doesn't matter. When you have a murdered child, mother charged with that murder, grandparents backing the charged mother and refusing to accept proof of death, well in this case there is no blood relative to take up for Caylee, to plan and hold a service for her.

Hat off to LP for doing it. As far as RG, not sure what all his motives are as of yet but I think he did love Caylee.

How would you explain the memorials after 911 for victims as well as the rescuers and the searchers, the OKC bombing, the Sunami victims that were held here in the states?

This is simple to explain. Most people do not understand the difference between a Memorial Service and a Memorial Prayer Service. If it is not the final goodbye from family and friends to a loved one - which is what a Memorial Service is by definition - if it is something held by non-family members who never knew the person but want to express their sympathy to the family in remembering their loved one, it is a Memorial Prayer Service. The two types of services are similar, but entirely different in meaning.

Talk with any member of the clergy about this or any funeral director and you will soon understand that a Memorial Service is entirely different from a Memorial Prayer Service. A Prayer Service is also different from a Memorial Prayer Service. There is a definite and clear distinction between all 3 types of services.

Thank you for allowing me my opinion. Sadly so many posters on this site and others dont allow for opinions that aren't of their own. Thats why I stayed offline for a while. Everyone needs to understand that while other peoples opinions may not be their own, it is their right to form their own opinions.... and again, I sincerely thank you for allowing me to form my own.

Thank you too, I really did not want you to feel my opinions, while different from yours was an attack on you personally. It's sad that some people here can't post their own opinion without tearing into others or being torn into.:)

You are so right about RG, he sets off my meter too. I can't tell if it is guilt or what, but something is not coming across as true. :waitasec: I've gone to his site a couple of times, some interesting (read strange) stuff going on there. Maybe he literally feels like he tossed the baby with the bath water, if he did I'm sure there is a lot of internal conflict there. Whatever happened between JG and KC should not have been taken out on Caylee.:confused: I was surprised RG had no family at the prayer service

I was divided on the idea of a memorial service, until the proper authority actually pronounces Caylee dead, not just LE stating Caylee is no longer with us. I feel that's where this is headed and when it does regardless of how CA feels about it, Caylee deserves a memorial service. So many people have come to feel so much for this sweet little girl and put so much time and effort into searching for her. But in the mean time, the prayer service felt just right.:innocent:

I have no idea what to think. I can say that I am sick of LP.

(snipped)

Notice both a Memorial Service and a Funeral are for both the deceased and the survivors of the deceased, by definition, neither event is held for random people who learned about the deceased through the media and felt like holding a service to get closure for themselves!

You mean like the thousands of "random people" who left their own families, took off from their jobs and risked their well being to spend weeks tromping around the woods and swamps desperately trying to find a deceased child whose own family has never lifted a finger to find her? Or perhaps you're referring to the "random people" who have prayed tirelessly, who hoped to find some measure of comfort by gathering...

Actually, if there ever is a family memorial for Caylee, I doubt if RG would be welcome.

For a time RG was Caylee'grandfather. He IS family IMO.

I AM glad he was able to pay tribute to Caylee and was comforted.

Yes. They are not the only ones grieving--and appear to be more concerned with their public image than with holding out any real hope. Because the A's refuse to acknowledge (publically) their granddaughter's death, because they will likely never admit the truth nor honor the memory of Caylee in any genuine way but have chosen to seek vengeance on all those who do and prefer instead to make public denials to garner sympathy, perpetuate the lies, portray KC and the entire family as victims and to protest their daughter's innocence should not deprive those who have sacrificed, who are willing to accept reality, and who have searched and prayed so tirelessly, from finally seeking to comfort one another. JMO

I thought I heard someone say he was there too, but I never saw it confirmed.
I haven't been able to confirm this anywhere. Maybe he'll show up in one of the videos/pics that are being posted...Maybe not. Anyway, he's still pi$$d today. :confused:

From the things Tim said, he and Cindy had worked out there differences.
Thank you for the info. Good. Adults should be able to sort out their differences in a civilized manner. Too bad it had to happen in the first place.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven
Back