How does the jury feel about being "OJ #2"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a totally different situation than the OJ verdict. OJ's trial had a real threat of rioting, if there wasn't an acquittal. I lived here then, and I know what happened when we were told the case had gone to the jury - we all filled our tanks and bought an extra week's worth of groceries.

OJ's verdict was payback for Rodney King's officers acquittal (never mind that the officers were eventually convicted).

I can't blame the jury here, though. I don't know what happened, and I feel a great sense of betrayal. This is my system; I've served on it's juries, I've felt the results of good and bad verdicts. But I feel very betrayed by this particular verdict. But I can't blame them, because they didn't/don't know what we do, having watched this case for years, read the documents, and discussed this on a website dedicated to justice.

We know what we felt. And we know what happened. The jury rarely gets the picture we get, so I can't blame them. I want to line them up and scream at them for about 30 minutes ar a time, but I can't blame them.

I am admitting to a huge sense of betrayal, and the beginning of a fear that I believe and have participated in something which doesn't work...but I honestly don't know a better way.

God bless the state's attorneys, who must be feeling a huge, crushing, debilitating roller coaster of a ride...and please, God, if you're listening, tell Caylee she is loved by millions; and that man is not perfect, and that someday, Casey will face the Ultimate Judge.

Other than that, I've got nothing.

Best-
Herding Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads