How is the Defense Spending the Taxpayer's Money?

I finally got an answer from my "acquaintance" at the JAC. I am sorry it took so long.

Regarding the PI billing for his time at the hearings......if he is employed by the defense team...HE CAN IN FACT be paid to sit there and do NOTHING. They did not mention any cap on hours. Me thinks that his "time" is part of the request for additional hours.

IMO we need a serious overhaul of the indigent for costs budget.

For clarification....I did NOT tell this person which case I was referring to nor did I disclose that I follow this and other cases....I only asked a "hypothetical question". I didn't want to hear about JB complaining that his team was being disparaged by the JAC. So I took it upon myself to THWART that complaint. Why??? Because I have ethics.

In the interest of clairification......I asked my previous question a bit differently. That said......the PI can only get paid for time spent in the hearings and court if he plans on testifying.

I left a message with my aquaintance to ask if I may submit a more detailed list of questions that may not be covered in the online handbook. If they agree, I will post a request for questions and submit them at one time. I hope that will be helpful.

It still knocks me for a loop that he was not made to account for how he blew through that 300k. It is simply DISGRACEFUL that Casey was declared indigent without a full accounting of that money.

The recent depositions show that none of the experts for the defense have received any financial payment thus far. One expert(female from Colorado) was asked back in December of '08 and has yet to even signed a financial agreement. So where has that money gone???:waitasec:

Novice Seeker

..i wonder if he ever will be held to account for those $$'s ??

..it was $345, correct?

..$200,000 from ABC ( or as baez would say "The American Broadcasting Corporation".)
..$70,000 from DePaul , andrea lyon's clinic
..$70,000 from Todd Malacuso , former member of defense
..$5000 from "anonymous donor".

Did JB receive any financial compensation for the interviews with Geraldo and the other interviews he did on the media circuit?

Novice Seeker

In the interest of clairification......I asked my previous question a bit differently. That said......the PI can only get paid for time spent in the hearings and court if he plans on testifying.

I left a message with my aquaintance to ask if I may submit a more detailed list of questions that may not be covered in the online handbook. If they agree, I will post a request for questions and submit them at one time. I hope that will be helpful.

If the PI were to testify wouldn't he have to be included on the defense witness list?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean
Back