How is This affecting you, your kids and your family?

My kids, well my older 2, (17 and 15yo) know my obsession with cases and mystery well (began with Trenton Duckett) and they tolerate it and act annoyed at times..but I was touched when my 17yo DD texted me with some news she thought I may not have known about Casey!! My 7yo son is very sharp and matter of fact. He does a good imitation of "Nancy Grace" though. ;)

I have two toddlers, one 3.5 and one 18mths. My 3.5 year old knows who Caylee is and that her mother "lost" her. Early on she would see Caylee's picture and asked me who she was. I told her who she was and that she was lost. She then told me she was in the woods..weird I know but that is what she said, obviously she was correct.

ETA..I would never tell her that she is no longer alive..she doesn't even comprehend death at this age anyway, thank goodness.

My 16 yo step son said that KC's hot, and couldnt possibly have done anything wrong because she is beautiful. Gag!!!!

I told him it was his 16 yo hormones talking and anyone with hooters and a bag over their head would be hot to him. He laughed.

My children 15 and 17 will stop what they are doing and sit to watch the news when new information is available and ask me a few questions. They are not as obsessed as I am but they are interested in the story. Sadly, I don't think anything shocks teenagers anymore.

My baby girl just turned 14 months yesterday and although she knows nothing of this case, I can tell you it's made me look at her, and our relationship in a different light. What a beautiful thing life is, having children is and how there is just evil in this world that destroys that. I hope my daughter doesn't get absorbed in this depressing stuff like her mama.

My 14yo knows I've been following the case. I get most of my info here and from the doc dumps, so she only sees me watch Nancy or Greta occasionally.

She's pretty matter-of-fact. She figured out the Caylee was dead. When her remains were found, my daughter simply said, "Well, now the mom will get the death penalty."

Other than that, she gets annoyed if I make her turn down the computer so I can watch Nancy or Greta. "You can just read about it in the internet like you always do!"

Yesterday as I was baby sitting my 3 year old grandson, Caylee's picture was on the news, Taylor thought it was a picture of Dakota, my granddaugter who is 3 also, his cousin..I told him, 'no, sweety, thats not Dakota, that is a little girl named Caylee, who lives with Jesus now'..He asked me, 'Caywee (he has trouble pronoucing his 'L's') with Jesus?' I said, 'she sure is'.

My husband, gets a bit ticked off, when he is home and I want to watch NG, I'll go into our bedroom to watch and leave him alone in the living room. After about 15 mins he will come in there and just rolls his eyes and walk out. I don't watch as much, since they have found Caylee, just check everyonce in awhile for updates. I'll admit I was obessed with it and when they did confirm it was her..I was really upset so I have had to back off and focus on my grandchildren, today Taylor and I made sugar cookies, as we were, he was trying to sing Christmas songs to me..lol

My granddaugters were here when Caylee was still missing and we had the news on one time, and they heard it. They asked whats up, I briefly told them. Thats it, otherwise when they come by or sleep over, I dont watch NG or anything like that around them. We have the Disney channel on or a kids movie. (they control our tv when here ..lol.).
My husband and my grown daughter know the story from me. And my daughter asks for updates, but shes too busy working and with the kids to keep up like me.
Other than that, everyone knows "about Caylee" but no one I know follows the story at all like us on here.

My 16 yo step son said that KC's hot, and couldnt possibly have done anything wrong because she is beautiful. Gag!!!!

I told him it was his 16 yo hormones talking and anyone with hooters and a bag over their head would be hot to him. He laughed.

I doubt it is just the 16 year old version of hormones. DH, who is so sick of hearing about the case but listens to me anyway, made comments early on about "it being too bad that Casey has to cross that line that makes crazy-hot-chicks hot" and just become a crazy chick, he said it was "such a waste" which made me laugh and he had no context for. As the case has progressed he is now more interested in what Cindy was like at 22, he thinks she is the source of the crazy gene ;)

But aside from the obvious tragedy he is completely disgusted that one worthless 22 year old could create this much drama, cost the state so much money and especially when the outcome was determined prior to LE even knowing. So much energy burned that could have gone elsewhere.

Our son, his wife and our 4 year old granddaughter live out of state. For the past 6 months I have been calling even more frequently that I normally do and asking to speak to our granddaughter. Every time I call the first things my sons says is "Been watching the coverage on that little girl again aren't you Mom? He totally understands though, and has been calling me just as frequently and then just handing the phone to my darling granddaughter so I can hear her voice. It helps.

DH knows way more about this case than he wants to - but at least he pretends to listen!

Me following cases is nothing new around here, but if I had small children I would not let them hear or see anything about this case.

My 9 YO son stood on my bed and SCREAMED at me. "ALL YOU CARE ABOUT IS CAYLEE...YOU DON'T SPEND ANY TIME WITH ME!!!"

I spent the whole day with him at a local video arcade the day before, so that's why I found that comment so horrifying and amusing at the same time.

But that's why I have spent less time on this site.

10 minutes on this site feels like I'm not spending time with him, and I understand that.

I don't want to be Casey.

( I should also mention that we have spent time cuddeling and playing and reading, and sewing,,,,,) Now I feel guilty.

My daughter (11) has said since early on that "Caylee is dead, they just have to find her body", but, what upsets her most is Caylee's lack of a father. She said the other day that "Caylee's mom is evil, if her father had been around he would have saved her, so he is evil, too."

If I watch NG or others, I watch the later reruns after she is in bed. The day the body was found and last week when they had the presser with the meter reader, I did have HLN on during the afternoon. DD was happy they finally found her body. She told me that "now Caylee can be born again and live with a family that will love her and take care of her."

DH is somewhat interested, and usually asks me what is new, but, we do try to do so out of her hearing. And I do walk away, for days at a time and have done so since last summer. I think that really helps.

I have three kids, 8, 5 and almost 2. My 8 year old will look over my shoulder and talk about headlines he sees on WS, my 5 year old doesn't pay any attention. I don't watch NG until 9:00, when they are in bed. My husband thinks I'm a beer short of a 6-pack for being interested in this case.

I can't help but think about my sweet little daughter who will be two next month when all this horrible stuff comes out about Caylee. it breaks my heart.

My two older ones will ask what happen to Caylee, why her mom did it, what 'sentenced" means, how you bond someone out, etc. But I share quite a bit of real life with them, and they hear about some crazy things from their classmates, I'm sure. I don't want them to live in a bubble and sometimes things like these happen.

I'm surprised so many children of WSers have knowledge about this case. I suppose though, in all fairness it would be hard to shield them from it, especially when watching updates, etc.

My two older children are grown and have children of their own, from age 1 to 4 so we discuss this case a lot! My older daughter and I constantly update each other and analyze the family. My 19 year old daughter is interested, feels KC is guilty and is crazy (she is home from college for the holidays so she is more up-to-date now). My 16 year old son knows how obsessed I am with the case and asks for updates every now and then---I think he is bored with it and ready for it to be over. When my grandchildren are here I never have the news on and don't get online b/c I want to pay full attention to them. My DH and I really try to shield them from a lot of things as they are little sponges---and they repeat everything they hear!

My 22 y/o daughter calls maybe 2 or 3 times a day to see if there are any updates. She lives in Indiana, with three daughters of her own. She broke down the day i had to tell her it was Caylee.

I have four daughters, ages 15, 13, 12, and 4. I try not to expose them too much to the details of the case, but I know they pick up on some of it here and there. Back when the issue of the Globe came out with the Christina interview in it, the one with Casey grimacing/snarling on the cover, and it said something about her feeding Caylee to alligators - I didn't realize that my 12 year old had even seen it, but one night she stopped at my desk on her way to bed and asked, "Mommy, did Caylee's mom really feed her to alligators?" Of course, that was back when we didn't know what Casey had done with Caylee's body, but I told her that I really didn't think that had happened, so she seemed to feel better about it after that.

My one year old obviously has no idea what is going on.
My two year old (almost three) knows that Moomy looks for dead people. If you ask him where Mommy works, that's what he tells you. So whenever he hars the word missing, he assumes the person is dead. So, by his logic, there is a little girl named Caylee that has been dead for a long time since Mommy was looking for her and Mommy only looks for people that have been dead a long time. (He knows way too much about my job.)
My 5 year old has no interest whatsoever, to the point of rolling her eyes and commenting, "Great, another missing kid, just what we need around here."
She also knows about my job, she just thinks it's weird and I should get a normal one.

I doubt it is just the 16 year old version of hormones. DH, who is so sick of hearing about the case but listens to me anyway, made comments early on about "it being too bad that Casey has to cross that line that makes crazy-hot-chicks hot" and just become a crazy chick, he said it was "such a waste" which made me laugh and he had no context for. As the case has progressed he is now more interested in what Cindy was like at 22, he thinks she is the source of the crazy gene ;)

But aside from the obvious tragedy he is completely disgusted that one worthless 22 year old could create this much drama, cost the state so much money and especially when the outcome was determined prior to LE even knowing. So much energy burned that could have gone elsewhere.

Hot? I would say NOT.
Crazy, YEs, as crazy as a Purple Daisy.

And CA at 22? It would be hard to tell what she looked like back in the day but tell DH that he should be looking at YOU YOU YOU not the adams (oops I mean anthony) family .hehehe:blowkiss:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back