How Many Trips to Fatima?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi narlacat.

I think it was through leaks from the Portuguese police that we first heard about hair being found in the car.

It would be surprising if none of Madeleine's hair was found amonst the families possessions IMO. But as for it being a "fact". I don't think any of us know for sure.
The police won't confirm evidence due to their secrecy laws. But they're not above leaking "rumors" when it suits them.

It was a really good interview with Dr Baden and I agree, he knows his stuff.

I checked on Greta's blog but yesterday's interview wasn't there. I hope she puts it on.
The whole interview was very interesting, he made a lot of comparisons between the Portuguese police investigation of Madeleine's case with the way the Aruban police investigated the Natalee Holloway case.

Thanks for the reply April.

Maybe post it when she does...if she does, TIA!

(where would you post that, in the links thread?)

Thanks for the reply April.

Maybe post it when she does...if she does, TIA!

(where would you post that, in the links thread?)

Your welcome.

I don't know if Greta's programme is repeated. If so you may be able to catch it. I saw it on Fox in Australia this morning.

And yes, I will post it if I see it on the blog. On both the links thread and the Fence sitters thread.

Oops narlacat. Ignore the bit about a repeat of Greta ...Just noticed you are in Australia too!!!

Your welcome.

I don't know if Greta's programme is repeated. If so you may be able to catch it. I saw it on Fox in Australia this morning.

And yes, I will post it if I see it on the blog. On both the links thread and the Fence sitters thread.

Oops narlacat. Ignore the bit about a repeat of Greta ...Just noticed you are in Australia too!!!

lol- yeah but I don't have pay tv :doh:

Will take a look if you post it, thanks April.

Would love to see that programme if you can post the link april

It's plausible. "Deeply religious means they wouldn't bury their child themselves" doesn't convince me they couldn't find a way to satisfy their religious convictions and keep their family/livelihoods intact at the same time.

I hope it's ok to start a new thread about this, because I haven't done this in a long time. :) So just let me know if I need to delete this, or the Mods can.

I'm thinking this news may be something that keeps coming up in the future discussions.

I just saw this new story today, and I don't know the significance, but it could be a big deal. I believe the new theory is that the McCann's visited Fatima in a widely publicized religious visit, but then later returned to the shrine with the Maddie's body, which would fit with why Maddie's fluids and hair were in the car so long after she disappeared. Soon after the trip to Fatima, they left on their tour of Europe:

Today's news:

http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/19301

The mention of the specific place makes me wonder if they have a witness somewhere in Fatima who saw the parents near there some days after their public visit?

From back in May:

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/newsfeed/?name=Madeleine+McCann

Other links that mention the trip.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20765844/site/newsweek/

Timeline
http://www.canada.com/nationalpost/news/story.html?id=4dc979ef-6109-4636-a14f-264289bba497

What do others here remember about their trip and their reactions to Fatime? Are there any interviews around that time in which they talked about it? I intend to do a CNN search for news from their trip, and what they were doing before and after.

I love this theory and seems the most plausible yet!! Good for you and great work..

This also adds to the belief that the McCanns are religious fanatics whose narcissism would lead them into thinking that Maddy could be resurrected.

Good points!

Have the PLE searched yet? I find nothing in the news that says they have. Nor does it appear that PLE has searched the local church yet. What are they waiting for?

Salem

^^^^

Exactly what is keeping them?

Could there have been a coffin in the church that they slipped Madeleine inside? Have the police checked if someone died during that time? Corpses usually lie in catholic churches overnight before burial.

Barnaby, they could not do that without the complicity of a priest, I think.

Although they did have a key to the church property.

Why was that priest transferred after he became chummy with the McCanns?

Pinkhammer, Yes as they had the keys of the church, they were free to go there when ever they pleased to pray. If there was a coffin lying in the church all they would have had to do was to unscrew the bolts & place madeleine inside. The coffin is not usually opened after it goes to the church for mass the next morning before burial. Even if it was they still could have concealed a small body under the usual covering on the body.

I don't think it is known for sure where the priest is, has there been information to say that he was definitely transferred to another parish?
There have certainly been reports of parishioners saying that he was troubled. I think he knows more than he is saying or can say!

Now I am confused. Which church are we talking about because I thought this thread was about the Fatime location - I don't believe they had the keys to that location they had the keys to the church close to the resort. Or did I miss something

Sorry yes we are talking about the church in Praia da Luz sorry if wrong thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member