How much time will Ron get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi dodie and AZ..I hope to be with you since I am often up till 4:00am pst. Is his sentencind at 9:00am or 1:30pm? we better find out so we can plan our menus and programs.

I recently purchased a Tassimo machine...have yet to find coffee as gook as my taster choice hazlelnut single tube serving..Yummy. Everythng coming out of this machine is strong....real strong. I love strong but this is x10 stronger. Live next to Starbucks but rarely go. I will have some fresh pastry from Goldilocks and my coffiee...may have to add Kuhlua. AZ what is the whiskey you recommend? I forgot what you told me.

....but we better find out the time before we get set up. Is anyone from here going?

Amazing that many of us are night people.

My choice in my Irish is Old Bushmill, an Irish whiskey. I had never heard of a Tassimo.

If you avoid the nearby Starbucks, Whisperer, you have good taste and a sense of value. No cup of coffee is worth $5 or more.

I was under the impression Ron would be in court by 9 a.m. and for me that means east coast time. You're right. We must get out time down pat.

I am not going to make a point of getting up on time, as I live in Mountain time zone...and would rather be pleasantly surprised later on, if the sentence is more than 15 years, than truly angry, if it is less and I also wasted my sleep by getting up to learn it...

OK, I dreamed with the number 45 a couple of months ago. Maybe he will get 45 yrs. I would hope he does anyway, any less IMO is wrong. I would question the Legal System down there even more if he walks away this time with all his priors and withholding information from LE regarding his deceased daughter. :cow:

In the articles below it states that Ron could get 90 yrs and :praying: he does!

Haleigh's Dad Pleads To Drug Charges He will be sentenced Sept. 24.
Cummings Faces Up To 90 Years In Prison

UPDATED: 12:59 pm EDT August 20, 2010
"Snip" http://www.news4jax.com/news/24700021/detail.html

Cummings pleaded guilty to three of five drug trafficking charges against him in exchange for him agreeing to testify in any future criminal trial involving the disappearance of his daughter.
Video: Ronald Cummings To Plead http://www.news4jax.com/video/24698963/index.html

Ronald Cummings could face a maximum of 90 years in prison. He will be sentenced Sept. 24.

Haleigh's Dad Pleads To Drug Charges
Father Of Missing Girl Faces Up To 90 Years In Prison

August 20, 2010 http://www.news4jax.com/news/24700021/detail.html
Video Report/CS speaks out: Cummings Pleads Guilty To Drug Charges http://www.news4jax.com/video/24702620/index.html

Terry Schumaker, told Channel 4's Tarik Minor that Ronald isn't buying Misty or Tommy's account of Haleigh's disappearance.
Terry Schumaker said, that if Haleigh's body is never found and police are able to make an arrest, testimony may be basis of a criminal prosecution.

He said Ronalds' relationships with each party is important in developing a timeline leading up to Haleigh's disappearance, they could ask him to come back and testify on the state's behalf.

OK, so Croslin isn't considered as having cooperated because investigators still do not have a full picture of what happened the night that Haleigh vanished. Then why is it considered that Ron has "cooperated"? Does this mean that investigators NOW have a full picture of what happened to Haleigh???:waitasec:

It would be horribly irresponsible of them to call what happened to HaLeigh a homicide if they aren't reasonably sure what happened.

I really dont think they can suspend his sentence.

I really believe Donna's sentence would have been suspended if suspended sentence were an option.

JMO.

I really believe Donna's sentence would have been suspended if suspended sentence were an option.

JMO.

Yeah, I agree with you. We all heard the deal if we watched the tape of the details of Rons plea. Prison was NOT an option. He's going. No and's, if's or but's.

I am not going to make a point of getting up on time, as I live in Mountain time zone...and would rather be pleasantly surprised later on, if the sentence is more than 15 years, than truly angry, if it is less and I also wasted my sleep by getting up to learn it...

hahahaha! My thoughts exactly... and I'm in Pacific time zone.

Yeah, I agree with you. We all heard the deal if we watched the tape of the details of Rons plea. Prison was NOT an option. He's going. No and's, if's or but's.

...and if he was not supposed to do time, why did they only drop two charges? They could have dropped them all, or reduced them all down to 3 years. Nope, I think he will do some time out of this. Eventually all good things come to an end, even for Ron. Let's just hope for no continuance. This has dragged out long enough.

I figure if I psyche myself up to him not getting any prison time, then no matter what he gets I can see as a victory....:crazy:

Haleigh being used by this :loser:to reduce his sentence is beyond disgusting. IMO

I figure if I psyche myself up to him not getting any prison time, then no matter what he gets I can see as a victory....:crazy:

Haleigh being used by this :loser:to reduce his sentence is beyond disgusting. IMO

I know exactly what you mean, Amster. I do the same thing all the time; that way the surprise can be a pleasant one rather than the other kind.

Sadly, whatever time Ron gets is going to be too little too late. Had justice been served long ago Ron would have paid instead of Haleigh. JMO.

..fifteen years..is what I think...and we may have to watch and listen to sobs, tears and tragedy about a very good father who is grieving for his lost daughter. I thought it was bad on Maury and this event may be the sequel.

If Teresa comes into court holding that brand new babydoll, I'm going to lose it.

LOL, that is my philosophy too! I figure that if I expect the worst then I will not be as disappointed when it happens and if it turns out good, then I'll be pleasantly surprised.......:dance:

I see him getting 15 and immediately appealing it and getting out in record time. Ron has managed to keep jail at bay for years, thanks to the money his gma and tn have paid for attorneys. GMA had financial difficulty and I am willing to bet it is because she has spent way too much money on ron's defenses. To try and cut the fifteen would not work as well as appealing the sentence.

I see him getting 15 and immediately appealing it and getting out in record time. Ron has managed to keep jail at bay for years, thanks to the money his gma and tn have paid for attorneys. GMA had financial difficulty and I am willing to bet it is because she has spent way too much money on ron's defenses. To try and cut the fifteen would not work as well as appealing the sentence.

I agree, 15 years seems to be the magic number but I also don't think that Ron will stop there. I think he will serve very little of the 15.

I agree, 15 years seems to be the magic number but I also don't think that Ron will stop there. I think he will serve very little of the 15.

I agree with you lonetraveler, but really hope it's not 15 yrs and he serves less than that. It's too easy for me to judge him all by myself. All I can think of is that little Haleigh is gone and that the people taking care of her may have attributed to her being missing now. All the arrests, it's a no brainer that Haleigh was exposed in one for or another to an unstable upbringing.

What kind of parent would expose their child to that environment. Drugs in the home, and perhaps guns, dead rat in a mailbox. Haleigh had no chance.

That's why I really want RC to get the max sentence.

Sorry for being so emotional, but I have prayed for Haleigh every single night since her disappearance.

He accepted a plea deal. I dont think appealing is an option. Why make a deal if you are going to appeal? (I just channeled Sue Moss)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti