How the defense team used social media to their advantage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, this technique (NLP) has been around as a communicative tool for - wow - years - mirroring body language then slowly shifting, mirroring speech - and it's been used in sales and recruiting for at least five years - not necessarily as a negative forceful way of changing thinking but as a persuasive tool to have an individual consider what you are presenting.

Next time you are in a heated discussion with someone, try uncrossing your arms and legs, relax your shoulders, chin slightly down and relaxes, tilt your body slightly to the right (if the person you are speaking to is right handed, or else to the left) and place your hands on the table palms up. You will be shocked by the difference it makes and the advantage you have.

There is an excellent book by Martin Lindstrom called Buyology on this very topic.

http://www.neurosciencemarketing.com/blog/articles/buyology-by-martin-lindstrom.htm

Such techniques are heavily employed in political elections. Political ads are also cleverly constructed using those principals. Ditto with political speeches.

THE FOLLOWING IS MY OPINION AND MY OPINION ONLY!

I simply think that JB got lucky. Period. He used the media, both mainstream and social, to further JB, not to get KCA off. Getting her off was luck. He did not use any fancy-smancy technique to win an aquittal. He went in there with nothing but BS and followed the old saying "If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with Bullsh@t!" He got a jury that fancied themselves writing books and hitting paydirt instead of listening to the judges instructions and considering the evidence. They instead listened to the BS opening statement that JB threw at them in a very dramatic fashion and they heard nothing else after that. FPS! They didn't even find her guilty of Child Neglect! How can you allow your baby to rot in the woods and not be guilty of child neglect? And, if you are of the belief that GA actually threw her there and KCA knew nothing about it, it is still Child Neglect, seeing as how she allowed her child to wander off and drown, made no attempt to call 911 for medical assistance, and then allowed another person to just do whatever they pleased with the body of her lifeless child! Child Neglect!!!! Now that it is all over, everyone wants a reason why this happened. It can't be this huge, monumental screw-up where Murphy's Law over-rode Common Law! No! It must be that JB and CM are soooooo smart that they had this cooked up all along! They probably carried magic crystals in their pockets and chanted before the trial! They must have strategerized this whole thing! Nope! Sorry! Not buying it! They got lucky, plain and simple. JB wanted to make a name for himself and he did. KCA getting off was the last thing he expected. If they were using secret techniques, they wouldn't have tried to have her declared unfit just days before the case went to the jury. Wonder what the twelve jurors think about that? Pure luck. JMO.

:rant:

So all the money spent on investigating TES volunteers was based on a strategy? All the money spent by JAC was for nothing? jmo

I think they intended to give TES a black eye in court with an unscrupulous member or something like that. Fortunately, they never found anyone to help them do that. They almost had someone in Laura Buchanan, but thankfully the shadow of fraud fell back on them, so she became useless (and I think an witness tampering investigation is still ongoing). And then TES was hardly brought up in court anyway, so all of that time trying to make TES look bad went nowhere. That was a lot of money wasted, and part of me is mad, and part of me wants to giggle because it's obvious how much effort they put into trying to make TES look bad and it went nowhere. So yes, they read here a lot, but I'm thinking places like this and other social media also didn't help them as much as it looks. I think the DT went too far in believing what they saw online and through social media, and it caused wastefulness like the investigation into TES. Social media can be helpful, but totally relying on it to the exclusion of logic and reasoning, or only relying on what sounds good or is in line with a way of thinking and ignoring other opinons and such isn't going to help anyone. I really think the DT thought TES would be a big part of the trial because of the respect it has and how it was talked about on sites like WS, and then it wasn't. All that investigation for nothing.

Does ethics no longer have a place in the profession? Is there no governing or overseeing board that can ensure that a certain standard of ethical conduct is maintained by the profession? The last few posts on this thread make it seem as if strategy is all that matters. It makes my heart heavy to think that this is the reality of it in the profession. I don't generally think of myself as naive, but I honestly am disheartened to learn that THIS is what it all boils down to....the side with the better strategist(s) "wins".

What happened to the search for truth?

And the fact that I'm a FL resident and have paid for this 'conduct' upsets me beyond my ability to adequately articulate it.

It has been replaced by the search for Money, Fame, and Power. Behold the new [un]holy trinity.

Hitting thanks was not enough.

Sadly social media is evolving faster than the law can keep up.

I'd like to see some real energy spent in revising and ammending the ethics which govern attorneys.

While people can file bar complaints against a particular attorney, I think a better use of energy can be spent lobbying for "adjustments" to attorney ethics.

Sure, one could make waves for someone like JB, but behind him are another untold number of attorneys doing the same exact thing.

What would really create impact would be the ABA and State Bar Associations defining an ethical line in the sand.

I pity the jurors. They've been "had". Then again,...haven't we all?

Revising ethics standards won't matter if attorneys won't follow them, and there are no consequences for ignoring them. JB was held in contempt but the end result was that it didn't even matter. Same for perjury imo. Judges have to start cracking down.

It has been replaced by the search for Money, Fame, and Power. Behold the new [un]holy trinity.

I think when it comes to Court cases, especially high profile, it is all about winning or losing between the two opposing teams with the Judge as the referee. Ethics takes a distant second, they do not win cases..

Geez, Wow, I read these and am in horror that such things are considered ethical. Seems more like underhanded manipulation, something sleazy and just wrong. :maddening:

Thank you so much for posting these. :tyou:

I just wonder how Ms. Singer can live with herself, really, does she have any ethics herself? :sick: As someone said above, brainwashing, something I would not be proud of. MOO

Revising ethics standards won't matter if attorneys won't follow them, and there are no consequences for ignoring them. JB was held in contempt but the end result was that it didn't even matter. Same for perjury imo. Judges have to start cracking down.

It's got to be more than a wish. Maybe it's time the American public demand the courts in our country clean their act up.

Judges that do not enforce their own rulings, attorneys that do not follow the rules of the court and use fiction to defend their cases, legal and law enforcement staff that do not follow the rules set by the court in any particular case, etc., etc. should all be under an umbrella of a Judicial Review Board that can mandate severe consequences for ignoring policy and procedure,......to the letter.

Social media tools should be banned from the courtroom and not used to see which the way the wind is blowing outside, i.e., public opinion. Mock juries on television, internet, etc. should be banned to prevent potential jurors from being influenced, especially regarding high profile cases.

I don't know if it's just me or if this so called "FAIR" trial Ms. Anthony got was so lop-sided from its' inception due to all the deceit and lies, the name "Caylee Anthony" became so obscure they all forgot what they were there for to begin with.

And on the topic of NLP....

Let's revisit some of Ann Finnell's seed planting during voir dire.

Attorneys also raised the possibility of a history of sexual abuse. The attorney went with a laundry list of "mitigating factors," to include a lack of parental guidance and protection and parental verbal and emotional abuse. Other factors raised were being taught poor coping skills and to project a false appearance by her parents, being used as a decoy or pawn by her parents and being used as a scapegoat for parental misconduct. http://news.yahoo.com/strategy-casey-anthony-trial-revealed-voir-dire-questions-225200036.html

It also explains why KC cried during the initial jury selection stages.

Does ethics no longer have a place in the profession? Is there no governing or overseeing board that can ensure that a certain standard of ethical conduct is maintained by the profession? The last few posts on this thread make it seem as if strategy is all that matters. It makes my heart heavy to think that this is the reality of it in the profession. I don't generally think of myself as naive, but I honestly am disheartened to learn that THIS is what it all boils down to....the side with the better strategist(s) "wins".

What happened to the search for truth?

And the fact that I'm a FL resident and have paid for this 'conduct' upsets me beyond my ability to adequately articulate it.

With this trial I became amazed and asked my DH a few times how can you use legal lies to get the truth?

If I recall correctly, the DT also requested a location directly across from the jury.
Put KC in a chair that even made her look smaller. All part of their clever strategy IMO, besides NLP and other mind control techniques.
Baez, with his 'good morning' to the jury each day. All that had also a psychological impact on the jury. Even his bumbling many times , might have solicited empathy/sympathy from the jury. They got lot of off site help on how to play the jury.
Kind of reminds me how a cult guru controls his disciples. Did the DT knew who the foreperson of the jury was during the trial ?

If I recall correctly, the DT also requested a location directly across from the jury.
Put KC in a chair that even made her look smaller. All part of their clever strategy IMO, besides NLP and other mind control techniques.
Baez, with his 'good morning' to the jury each day. All that had also a psychological impact on the jury. Even his bumbling many times , might have solicited empathy/sympathy from the jury. They got lot of off site help on how to play the jury.
Kind of reminds me how a cult guru controls his disciples. Did the DT knew who the foreperson of the jury was during the trial ?
+bbm+
He is a bumbler for sure, but I've often wondered whether his umm aah'ing, procrastinations and faux pas may have been partly intentional to play on them? May indicate he had some sort of outside coaching - one doesn't normally purposely exaggerate their bad traits.
Please correct me if I'm wrong (I often am!) but wasn't the foreperson chosen after they went into deliberation?

+bbm+
He is a bumbler for sure, but I've often wondered whether his umm aah'ing, procrastinations and faux pas may have been partly intentional to play on them? May indicate he had some sort of outside coaching - one doesn't normally purposely exaggerate their bad traits.
Please correct me if I'm wrong (I often am!) but wasn't the foreperson chosen after they went into deliberation?

I believe thats how it's suppose to work. However this jury was sequestered together for quite awhile. They could have chosen a foreperson beforehand.IMO.

i'm sure this was already mentioned, but besides social media, don't forget about all the "media plants" they used to try to put doubts in viewer's minds... like linda baden, geraldo rivera, and other defense team vocal 'silent members' who were spouting out defense theories night after night on all the talk shows--and i have no doubt the df poured through websleuths 24-7!

i'm sure this was already mentioned, but besides social media, don't forget about all the "media plants" they used to try to put doubts in viewer's minds... like linda baden, geraldo rivera, and other defense team vocal 'silent members' who were spouting out defense theories night after night on all the talk shows--and i have no doubt the df poured through websleuths 24-7!

BBM

Oh they most certainly did, as evidenced by their motions "quoting" WS posts, as well as their introduction of Yuri Melich's posts.

I believe thats how it's suppose to work. However this jury was sequestered together for quite awhile. They could have chosen a foreperson beforehand.IMO.

Boy, have I asked that question over and over again. As an American citizen I feel like this jury knew much more about FCA and Caylee than they ever admitted. I feel pretty sure they had a foreman preselected and a verdict reached before deliberations began. IMHOO
I would like to know exactly how much time the DT spent with the jurors.

http://trialconsultants.com/

Singer said they knew the case would be largely won or lost during jury selection.
"I agree with Nancy Grace that the case was pretty much over after the jury was picked," she said, adding blogger comments confirmed her view.

Common wisdom that attorneys like stupid jurors is just "old wives' tales," said Singer, who said her team was clear that they wanted "bright and intelligent" jurors.

The jury consultants also were happy to have two nurses on the jury, so they could see that the prosecution was reaching by having pathologists testify that all accidents are reported to police, she said. "It was clearly out of their area of expertise as pathologists, and the nurses would see that," Singer said.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

-----------oh please------(not even a ) nurse juror #3--------jennifer ford-------we are to believe that SHE could refute dr.G's ! testimony.

..jennifer ford wasn't able to "see" that she wasn't supposed to be factoring in the penalty phase ( or caring that "hey, that would make me a murderer! if we give her the DP )-----while they were supposed to be deliberating the GUILT phase...............ONLY.

..ALL of the guilt phase ( even those additional 'lesser' options ) that JF apparently missed out on, based on her---

--- "not guilty isn't innocent! we cried! if only we'd had other charges to find her guilty of..." ( ummm, they did.)

+bbm+

Man, I can tell you one thing, am not that enraged anymore about the jury.
They were subjected to professional brain waves manipulators.
Some of them by now might feel horrible and realize they have been had.
That ***** is powerful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member