How the defense team used social media to their advantage

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is odd that the panel group changed so suddenly.
Maybe the other panelists said no way would they be on the same stage with JB so they had to try to find someone else. And, it's possible that no one else would do it so so JB called on Geraldo as a last minute favor to him to sit in with him.

It is odd that the panel group changed so suddenly.
Maybe the other panelists said no way would they be on the same stage with JB so they had to try to find someone else. And, it's possible that no one else would do it so so JB called on Geraldo as a last minute favor to him to sit in with him.

You know I think you are probably right!! This is a National Bar Convention for heaven's sake - what lawyer wants to be caught on a panel with Baez?

Is it still the Breakfast Time slot? That might be a bit much for the squeemish...

You know I think you are probably right!! This is a National Bar Convention for heaven's sake - what lawyer wants to be caught on a panel with Baez?

Is it still the Breakfast Time slot? That might be a bit much for the squeemish...

You would think there would be other Hispanic attorneys better qualified to speak. Asking Who**-aldo and Baez to speak is really scraping the bottom of the barrel!

OMG! Tulessa, thank you for posting this little gem! I am LMAO!:floorlaugh::tyou:

He is so full of it, isn't he?
And, I can't believe any woman would find him appealing in any way, but...
So this is where he 'found' his beautiful wife?

now we know where the child support money went. Wonder what his wife thought when she found out he wasn't quite an attorney... :floorlaugh: surprise surprise inded. Now she's stuck with a short pudgy almost lawyer.

Are we sure this isn't a case of the Mail Order company using a pic obtained online to try and capitalize on the case popularity?

I find it hard to believe this news wouldn't have been unearthed before now.

nobody cared until Mr. Bigshot hit the big time. Now his past is "interesting". We know he has a bit of trouble telling the truth himself. :innocent:

You would think there would be other Hispanic attorneys better qualified to speak. Asking Who**-aldo and Baez to speak is really scraping the bottom of the barrel!

Maybe GR is "riding shotgun" like CM use to do. "Excuse me while I confer with co-counsel for a moment." jmo

Are we sure this isn't a case of the Mail Order company using a pic obtained online to try and capitalize on the case popularity?

Don't know, it could be. Wonder where Tulessa found the link. I saved the pic, but not the text.

His picture is still on the website. I had to do a lot of searching to find it. That link was posted on his FB page is how I found it. I knew he would have it removed so I grabbed it. :D

Just a thought for folks.

In this day and age of illegal human trafficking, you have to be careful not to visit websites that could have any sort of connection to that business. Not to be a conspiracy theorist but just something to consider even while surfing the web for legitimate reasons.

"Sleuthing" has really made me more aware of the risks out there.

Additionally, make sure your antivirus and internet secuity programs are up to date. Sites will take advantage of a popular media story and count on visits that will afford an opportunity to attach malicious files.

Also keep in mind that if you copy an image from the web, there could be a hidden URL embedded.

Since the topic is social media...I think I am within guidelines.

Interesting thoughts on the "love site"...LOL! I too found the info elsewhere on that website. I also found the "contact us" invite, in the place of this article telling.

I didn't think about the possibility of it being false, especially since it seems fit for his character, IMO.

However, after re-thinking (thanks SOTS), I checked the url and it's private - which I would expect it to be - but it seems to have just been obtained July 19, 2011...which piqued my suspicion, somewhat.

Anyhoo...I asked the mods to remove my post in the news thread - although I believe the report is valid...I'm a "fraidy cat" :) Nah...really, I just don't want it in the "news thread" and people clicking from there...without at least reading the "details" in this thread; and since it's been "removed" from that earlier link - I thought it best to have it removed from the news sticky.

Since it's all over the "www" now, I would think JB would have came out swinging by now, if not true, kwim? Oh, I also noticed their "about" page mentions an office in Florida...FWIW...who knows? All I know is that I wouldn't put it past JB at all...and his silence---or not---about it will be very telling, IMO.

Social media also paid the defense back in spades.

Casey Anthony has been deemed "One of the most hated women in Amercia". She is an unsellable brand image that was created by social media, i.e., the people.

CM's repugnant one figure salute was used as his "Corporate Photo" in the weeks that followed. CM may act like he rolls with it - but I don't think so.

JB, well, he's not exactly buring up the airwaves or raking in the dough. And I've NEVER seen one legitimate interview that touted his "come from behind" and "against all odds" victory. No glory for JB and that's gotta burn.

DS was shown over and over jumping up & down with glee after the verdict, and was blindsided and reduced to stammering by Joy Behar's "babysitting" question.

With social media - everyone has a voice. It sucks to be you DT folks.

Interesting thoughts on the "love site"...LOL! I too found the info elsewhere on that website. I also found the "contact us" invite, in the place of this article telling.

I didn't think about the possibility of it being false, especially since it seems fit for his character, IMO.

However, after re-thinking (thanks SOTS), I checked the url and it's private - which I would expect it to be - but it seems to have just been obtained July 19, 2011...which piqued my suspicion, somewhat.

Anyhoo...I asked the mods to remove my post in the news thread - although I believe the report is valid...I'm a "fraidy cat" :) Nah...really, I just don't want it in the "news thread" and people clicking from there...without at least reading the "details" in this thread; and since it's been "removed" from that earlier link - I thought it best to have it removed from the news sticky.

Since it's all over the "www" now, I would think JB would have came out swinging by now, if not true, kwim? Oh, I also noticed their "about" page mentions an office in Florida...FWIW...who knows? All I know is that I wouldn't put it past JB at all...and his silence---or not---about it will be very telling, IMO.

It's also listed here. Picture and all.
http://www.caseytrackers.com/

Yep...and Geraldo's been added to the agenda, according to the agenda posted 8/23/2011.

Aug. 22, 2011

Picking the Casey Anthony Jury in the Day and Age of Instantaneous Mass Media

Panelists:
Jose A. Baez, Esq., The Baez Law Firm
Lisa Blue Baron, Partner, Baron & Blue
Barry Sorrels, Partner, Sorrels, Udashen & Anton

http://www.hnba.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/FINAL-2011-Annual-Convention-Tentative-Agenda1.pdf

Aug. 23, 2011

Picking the Casey Anthony Jury in the Day and Age of Instantaneous Mass Media

Interviewer: Lisa Blue Baron, Partner, Baron & Blue
Panel: Jose A. Baez, Esq., The Baez Law Firm
Geraldo Rivera, Journalist and Attorney
Remarks: Barry Sorrels, Partner, Sorrels, Udashen & Anton

http://www.hnba.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/FINAL-2011-Annual-Convention-Agenda.pdf

..maybe he needs his amigo geraldo to help him answer questions, now that we've learned his spanish isn't all that great...

Casey Anthony has been deemed "One of the most hated women in Amercia". She is an unsellable brand image that was created by social media, i.e., the people.

CM's repugnant one figure salute was used as his "Corporate Photo" in the weeks that followed. CM may act like he rolls with it - but I don't think so.

JB, well, he's not exactly buring up the airwaves or raking in the dough. And I've NEVER seen one legitimate interview that touted his "come from behind" and "against all odds" victory. No glory for JB and that's gotta burn.

DS was shown over and over jumping up & down with glee after the verdict, and was blindsided and reduced to stammering by Joy Behar's "babysitting" question.

I love your post. Excellent observations and insights. Thanks very much for sharing them. :)

Respectfully snipped.

YES, it does and YES, we do :woohoo:

Ah, I see where you are going. He could have a financial interest in that outfit. I could not understand why any real male client would agree to have his picture on that website unless one of the ( American) owners/financial interest person. That is something you would want to keep under the covers. But then , may be the whole site was/is a spoof.What also peaked my suspicion is that the so called sister site did not link back.

Ah, I see where you are going. He could have a financial interest in that outfit. I could not understand why any real male client would agree to have his picture on that website unless one of the owners. That is something you would want to keep under the covers. But then , may be the whole thing was a spoof.

Nothing to hide, really. All it amounts to is a South American dating service. Kind of expensive, though. I would think his wife would be the one who could be upset about it being made public. But that is what happens when you marry a world famous attorney. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500