How to get your own Avatar

Ok, I got the time to host and post up some of the icons I made. Some I just cropped and/or resized. Others I took several different graphics and put them together to make a mini-collage. Firstly, some made from screenshots I took in the game EverQuest, years and years ago. I no longer play EQ, haven't for years. (Ever since the Sony BMG fiasco, I try not to give any money to Sony. Yep, boycotting 'em.)

ecdawnfc3.jpg
planetrisefromluclinlb1.jpg
potdawndt6.jpg
potmoonpe2.jpg
potmoon2xm0.jpg

More in the next post.

Ones I just cropped and/or resized.

autumnfeynp1.jpg
darkgoddessbev1.jpg
ladyoflakeshalotjf3.jpg
lavfaebaa1.jpg
moongdess2yi0.jpg
roc2eb1.jpg
silverdrakesk4.jpg
springpeeperuh2.jpg
russianblubir3.jpg
stencilcat2df9.jpg
swallowseo1.jpg
witchac3.jpg

More in the next post, might be more than one post for the collages, since I'm going to post larger examples of some of 'em so you can better see what all went into the minatures. :)

Ok, the clipboard 4 and clipboard 5 ones were ones I'd cropped out of an image, and I played with the color some. So a little more than just cropping/resizing. That's why I put them here. They are the first two.

clipboard04ij1.jpg
clipboard05ss0.jpg

Collages:

bettypoy2.jpg
evilinsidedrw1.jpg
darkgoddess2nq7.jpg
gothcontent2oq1.jpg
wha2af2.jpg

Ok, below find an example of how I took an image, put it on a background and added other things to make a collage.

yaguaretesniffmt6.jpg

yaguaretesmbigjq1.jpg

yaguaretesm2ch7.jpg

More collages in the next comment.

More collages, didn't want to blow the margins. You can see, that there are several seperate graphics put into each whole. The butterflies are a seperate graphic that had to be placed, and each sparkle or group of sparkles also had to be placed on the last one, as well as the bubbles. The moon and flowers are also seperate on it as well. I just added text to the Cappuchino one.

butterflycat2yv0.jpg

butterflycat2smkt8.jpg

cappuchinotk5.jpg

cappuchinobfl3.jpg

starrynight2bgp0.jpg

starrynight2bsmus5.jpg

starrynight4bigox3.jpg

starrynight4rk3.jpg

I have a pic I want to use either as an avatar or in my siggy. No matter what I do I get "upload failed" or "invalid file"
I have the pic on photobucket. I have tried pasting the IMG line and also the http line. The pic is small enough to work as either avatar or in my sig. Nothing works. What am I doing wrong?

ETA I guess it worked! It just wouldn't preview. Nebbermind

I have a pic I want to use either as an avatar or in my siggy. No matter what I do I get "upload failed" or "invalid file"
I have the pic on photobucket. I have tried pasting the IMG line and also the http line. The pic is small enough to work as either avatar or in my sig. Nothing works. What am I doing wrong?

ETA I guess it worked! It just wouldn't preview. Nebbermind

I use ImageShack mostly. I think I uploaded my avatar directly from the hard drive, but hosted the ones up for grab at ImageShack.

Ok, religious images ahoy! Some of these I had on the hard drive, others I quick found and resized if they needed it, and changed their format to JPEG file type. :)

On my hard drive:

25954b3df1xvbpixs1.jpg
547723imemxjai22zl5.jpg
900987pyxausct4qvt3.jpg
loveangeldu4.jpg
roseyu9.jpg
(ETA: The rose is religious, it can represent Mary, and there is also said to be a rose that will bloom at the time of the Second Coming. I think that is what this rose represents, but I forget the proper name. Sharon, maybe?) ETA2: Yeah, Rose of Sharon is what I was thinking of. That is what the embroidered flower on the kneeling pillows for the acolytes looked like, and that is what I was told it was. (And it was red, not white.) I served as Crucifer in my childhood Episcopal church. Some also use Ladybugs to represent Mary, as well as roses. *smile*

Quick downloads:

21695l5fzift1jkex6.jpg
25982ocue3yphh8oq1.jpg
26010hvhbboqoyauo8.jpg
387480t6an2vgo892uh9.jpg

Ok, religious images ahoy! Some of these I had on the hard drive, others I quick found and resized if they needed it, and changed their format to JPEG file type. :)

On my hard drive:

25954b3df1xvbpixs1.jpg
547723imemxjai22zl5.jpg
900987pyxausct4qvt3.jpg
loveangeldu4.jpg
roseyu9.jpg
(ETA: The rose is religious, it can represent Mary, and there is also said to be a rose that will bloom at the time of the Second Coming. I think that is what this rose represents, but I forget the proper name. Sharon, maybe?) ETA2: Yeah, Rose of Sharon is what I was thinking of. That is what the embroidered flower on the kneeling pillows for the acolytes looked like, and that is what I was told it was. (And it was red, not white.) I served as Crucifer in my childhood Episcopal church. Some also use Ladybugs to represent Mary, as well as roses. *smile*

Quick downloads:

21695l5fzift1jkex6.jpg
25982ocue3yphh8oq1.jpg
26010hvhbboqoyauo8.jpg
387480t6an2vgo892uh9.jpg

I miss your dancing cat and girl sig.

Here are some final avatars that I didn't have room for in my albums. (Check there for lotsa new icon/avatars, btw.) Some of them are translucent, so if they don't work, mention it to me, and which one and I will change them so they aren't. :)

Firstly, you can use this as a profile picture if you want, if it is not too big.

fae4oh5.jpg

fae4boo8.jpg
flowingcz2.jpg
flylionee4.jpg
largedragonflywd7.jpg
mgklfaeik2.jpg
moon2dr9.jpg
moonstarsvm5.jpg
oldsunyf4.jpg
qmarkmi3.jpg
swanpondec2.jpg

Great avatars, Kat! Hope you don't mind if I share some that I've collected or edited for others to use...

I've organized them into My Albums by category and all the Avatars are 100 x 100 for this forum's requirements. I will continue to add to the albums as time goes by and I find or make more. :D Free for anyone to use and enjoy.

:laugh:
For those who really want some sort of avatar but cannot follow the instructions to set their own, we have added a standard avatar that anyone can use if they want to. You can set it in the same place you would set up a custom one:

[URL]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/profile.php?do=editavatar[/URL]

:clap: , your wickedness knows no bounds, does it? But, that's why we love our cute *evil* moderator of geeky doom. ;) :crazy:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linnymac68$
Back