How to quote a post from another thread

Sillybilly

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
This is for when you wish to quote a post, or quote a post from another thread or even a closed thread.

Post numbers can change as a result of ongoing moderation or thread cleanups, so please don't say "it's page #" or "it's post # 913". If Mods have had to remove any number of posts within a thread, "post #913" for example may end up being post #902 or #899 etc and may even be on another page within the thread.

If you want to reference a Websleuths post as your source, go to the post you are wanting to quote. Click on the post # (in the upper right hand corner of that post), wait until you see the page has reloaded, then click the "Share" icon that looks similar to this
1655281666950.png
(also in the upper right hand corner).

The URL of that post will appear and you can then copy & paste that URL link into your post in the new thread. Doing that will always take members to the appropriate post, regardless of how many posts have been removed over time.

By using the above method, nobody has to rummage around the board to find the post you are talking about.

This is for when you wish to quote a post, or quote a post from another thread or even a closed thread.

Post numbers can change as a result of ongoing moderation or thread cleanups, so please don't say "it's page #" or "it's post # 913". If Mods have had to remove any number of posts within a thread, "post #913" for example may end up being post #902 or #899 etc and may even be on another page within the thread.

If you want to reference a Websleuths post as your source, go to the post you are wanting to quote. Click on the post # (in the upper right hand corner of that post), wait until you see the page has reloaded, then click the "Share" icon that looks similar to this
1655281666950.png

The URL of that post will appear and you can then copy & paste that URL link into your post in the new thread. Doing that will always take members to the appropriate post, regardless of how many posts have been removed over time.

By using the above method, nobody has to rummage around the board to find the post you are talking about.
I’ve been trying to figure out how to go back and respond or follow up with people once a thread has been closed, and this has solved the problem perfectly… Thank you!! I also understand why the post numbers change from time to time, too, now… slowly but surely getting the hang of this!

1655281666950.png

Hi Sillybilly, I am a new member. I can see right away that you on top of things. From the few posts I've read of yours so far you are obviously doing a lot of serious and professional administrating for the forums/site. Thank you very much. Seeing how serious you take your roll and implementation of the rules, procedures, etc., as I am sure other administrators on the site do as well, I can rest easy that I've found an excellent true crime site. Happy to be here.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back