How to Start a Missing Person Thread and other thread edits

A friend of a friend (21 year old girl) has been missing in Los Angeles for over a month. The LA media has not picked up on this, but LAPD has an active open case file and a detective assigned. Would this be enough for a post? I don't have credentials to make a new thread, either.

A friend of a friend (21 year old girl) has been missing in Los Angeles for over a month. The LA media has not picked up on this, but LAPD has an active open case file and a detective assigned. Would this be enough for a post? I don't have credentials to make a new thread, either.
Laikacat we are in the same boat with a missing person in LA and can't get media on the story!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

PM her info and I'll be more than glad to start a thread for you.

Laikacat we are in the same boat with a missing person in LA and can't get media on the story!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I'll be more than happy to start a thread for you if you send me the MPs info

Wondering if someone could help me start one for this guy?
b0f1df072de65256f378122f7fabeaf4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey! I can't seem to figure out how to make a new thread. I don't see where to add new one

Los spoiled us terribly with his diligence and dedication in starting most of our new MP threads and, without him, we're left with a big gap to fill.

Some of you have already begun to step up by starting new MP threads, which is very much appreciated. We'd like to encourage anyone who wants to help out - but maybe aren't quite sure how - so here's a little tutorial on how to start a missing person thread:

1. It begins with information from an official source: a news article, a release issued by law enforcement, a NamUs listing, etc. A missing person poster from social media is generally not sufficient.

2. Use the Search box to make sure we don't already have a thread on that case.

3. Upload the missing person's image, if available, to an image host.

4. Go to the Missing Persons Discussion forum and click Post New Thread (to the left of the forum header).

5. Select the appropriate location prefix from the drop-down menu.

6. Add a title. There is a specific approved format for for all MP titles:

(State or Country Prefix - First & Last Name, Age, Last Seen Location, Date)

For example: WI - Crystal Jones, 24, Milwaukee, 16 April 2017

7. Add your image and source link(s) and text in the text box.

8. Preview and proofread your post by clicking the Preview Post button.

9. Once you're satisfied that your post is accurate and complete, click the Submit New Thread button.

Any questions? Ask away!

Do you start a missing persons thread the same way on Tapatalk?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a friend missing in Missouri who is listed on the Missouri State Highway Patrol official government site as an "Active Missing Person" but his NamUs record is not yet up (but was submitted). Would this suffice to start a thread for him?

I was following the Paw-Htee-Ku missing thread over a fews days and then it said I had to log in to see it. I created an account and now I still can't see the thread. What happened to it and this is a regular thing where threads disappear?

I was following the Paw-Htee-Ku missing thread over a fews days and then it said I had to log in to see it. I created an account and now I still can't see the thread. What happened to it and this is a regular thing where threads disappear?
Welcome to Websleuths! She was located and because of her age the thread is deleted.

Could someone please start a missing person thread for me? I can barely find any information on Paula Wayne Jones (missing since 2012), so I only have this link. She is not in NamUs.

http://charleyproject.org/case/paula-wayne-jones

Thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Welcome to Ws TrophyWine!
Here is a thread for PWJ.
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?365164-Paula-Wayne-Jones-40-Roanoke-Virginia-26-May-2012&p=13920580#post13920580
[h=2]Paula Wayne Jones, 40, Roanoke, Virginia ,26 May 2012[/h]

Los spoiled us terribly with his diligence and dedication in starting most of our new MP threads and, without him, we're left with a big gap to fill.

Some of you have already begun to step up by starting new MP threads, which is very much appreciated. We'd like to encourage anyone who wants to help out - but maybe aren't quite sure how - so here's a little tutorial on how to start a missing person thread:

1. It begins with information from an official source: a news article, a release issued by law enforcement, a NamUs listing, etc. A missing person poster from social media is generally not sufficient.

2. Use the Search box to make sure we don't already have a thread on that case.

3. Upload the missing person's image, if available, to an image host.

4. Go to the Missing Persons Discussion forum and click Post New Thread (to the left of the forum header).

5. Select the appropriate location prefix from the drop-down menu.

6. Add a title. There is a specific approved format for for all MP titles:

(State or Country Prefix - First & Last Name, Age, Last Seen Location, Date)

For example: WI - Crystal Jones, 24, Milwaukee, 16 April 2017

7. Add your image and source link(s) and text in the text box.

8. Preview and proofread your post by clicking the Preview Post button.

9. Once you're satisfied that your post is accurate and complete, click the Submit New Thread button.

Any questions? Ask away!

I just came here to see Los mentioned. I cannot believe it will be a year soon.

He sure did spoil us with all of the threads he started.

I just came here to see Los mentioned. I cannot believe it will be a year soon.

He sure did spoil us with all of the threads he started.

Oh, I know, I was just thinking about that. Nearly a year and I'm still missing him.

While I'm here, just wanted to say a great big Thank You! to members helping each other start threads and sharing tips & advice. I'm very pleased to see these how-to threads working out so well.

:loveyou:

I've only recently joined; how many posts must one make in order to secure permission to start a missing persons thread?

While I'm here, just wanted to say a great big Thank You! to members helping each other start threads and sharing tips & advice. I'm very pleased to see these how-to threads working out so well.

:loveyou:
Thank You, OkieGranny for your walk through above.
Sadly for the mods I started posting from Tapatalk and I don't think there is a preview but I found the edit button :)

I do not see an option to edit my post. Something I needed to remove, so I flagged it for the mods. Here are the available buttons at bottom of my post.
attachment.php

Attachments

• editpost.jpg
    editpost.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 262

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads