How will Jaycee heal?

As far as we know, Garrido wasn't robbing any banks, so JC couldn't have possibly participated in anything like that. On the other hand, Garrido had a printing business and she worked for him never even telling his clients who she were.
No, I think Natal's theory about the Type A personality more likely to be Stockholm Syndrome, and Patty Hearst fits into this category. I think Jaycee was the go with the flow and don't resist type.

In my research I saw NOTHING about personality types being prone to stockholms or not.

Maybe she had stockholms, maybe she was in survival mode, but Jaycee did bond. Bye the way, Patty Hearst also broke the bonds with her captors quickly after her release.

if she 'bonded' to survive the bond was neither real or palpable. that is my point.

In my research I saw NOTHING about personality types being prone to stockholms or not.

Maybe she had stockholms, maybe she was in survival mode, but Jaycee did bond. Bye the way, Patty Hearst also broke the bonds with her captors quickly after her release.

Ya, because she was looking at 30 years in prison (and should have done that time). The prospect of spending the bulk of the rest of your life in a cage has a tendency to change people's attitudes pretty quickly.

i dont really know why we keep getting the patty hearst comparison.......i dont remember jaycee robbing a bank while spouting garridos manifesto?

i dont really know why we keep getting the patty hearst comparison.......i dont remember jaycee robbing a bank while spouting garridos manifesto?

Has to do with personality types and if that influences the aspect of developing stockholms syndrome or not. No, she didn't rob a bank.

I totally agree and based on what I know an abducted person will do whatever their captor makes them do. All the captors have a different brand of insanity. some rob banks, some rape, some make babies....
The abductors are not all the same... so the captors are not behaving all the same either.
but BOND THEY DO. for survival...And as soon as they feel safe that their survival is no longer at risk they brake that bond.

JC clearly wanted to let her captor know she has a family, and she wants to be free. once it was clear to her that he is in jail and can NOT get her, once she reunited with Terry braking that bond was natural....Same is true for Patti Hurst.

Their life style Patty Hurst and JC while in captivity were not the same, neither were their abductors.
The fear and brain washing was the same, their survival mode, was the same, and yes I would compare most abducted people who have to do things against their natural will, but are forced or feared into doing.

Patty was not out to rob banks and JC was not out to have sex with psycho. but neither were free to do what they wanted.

Stockholm case was a name given FOR A CASE started in Stockholm....it means abducted, controlled, abused, made to do what abductor enforces, and freedom taken away.
Stockholm syndrome is not only a Stockholm case, it has no boarders, or boundaries.

song stockholm syndrome was not named for the fritzl case.......it was actually a term made in the 70's, when captives bonded with hostage takers during a bank robbery in stockholm sweeden.
im not sure elizabeth frtizl felt very bonded to her father at all. i havent seen one bit of evidence that says she was.....he kept her from attempting to escape by saying he had the door boobytrapped with explosives for example.

song stockholm syndrome was not named for the fritzl case.......it was actually a term made in the 70's, when captives bonded with hostage takers during a bank robbery in stockholm sweeden.
im not sure elizabeth frtizl felt very bonded to her father at all. i havent seen one bit of evidence that says she was.....he kept her from attempting to escape by saying he had the door boobytrapped with explosives for example.
correction noted and made.
The brainwashing was there, the fear was there, the behavior of doing what she did not want was there. and as long as he fed her and her kids there was some kind of a bond sick or not, he ws her thread to keep her kids a live.

I couldn't find a suitable thread, so this one will have to do ;)

It seems that at least some of their immediate financial needs have been taken care of, since the Lake Tahoe community raised $50k for them at the end of 2009. You can read about it here.

immediate yes, permanent no.

but i will say, the people of tahoe are great.

while anitoch pretended that jaycee was never there, tahoe still acts as if she never left :)

I was just thinking and looked at the photo's carefully but then could still be wrong. However, it is interesting to me that Jaycee chose to set up what home she could for herself and her daughters as far away from the Garrido's house as possible. Even before her freedom she was trying to distance herself from them. It appears from the pictures that her tent (light blue top, beige sides) is on the far side of the lot from the pool in the far corner.

Anyway, hello everyone :) until there is further news, take care.

I was just thinking and looked at the photo's carefully but then could still be wrong. However, it is interesting to me that Jaycee chose to set up what home she could for herself and her daughters as far away from the Garrido's house as possible. Even before her freedom she was trying to distance herself from them. It appears from the pictures that her tent (light blue top, beige sides) is on the far side of the lot from the pool in the far corner.

Anyway, hello everyone :) until there is further news, take care.
:waitasec:Let me see...So PG said to JC here is the back yard you decide
where you want to pitch your tent :waitasec:
:waitasec:I cant wrap my head around that at all.
But I can see him telling her where her tent IS and STAYS
MOO.

JAYCEE AND HER DAUGHTERS 1st EASTER IN FREEDOME

Have a great Easter holiday, hope you did something special on Sunday. :) :dance:

I know scum bag did not let them celebrate much
so I wonder if they can actually enjoy celebrations yet.
Just thinking....

Apparently paparazzi have taken pictures of her now and are trying to sell them, according to Radaronline.

Apparently paparazzi have taken pictures of her now and are trying to sell them, according to Radaronline.

I've heard that as well. I wish they would just leave her alone! American publications would be harshly criticized if they published them, so I'd hope they'd be deterred by that. Unfortunately, I'm not too confident about foreign tabloids, though.

I thought some of the pictures had already been published in that In Touch magazines. I think it was In Touch. But they kept the faces blurred. I think because they are minors if they did show the faces, the magazines could be liable for some sort of criminal offense. But I could be wrong.

that was of the girls and terry jazz, not jaycee herseelf

I thought some of the pictures had already been published in that In Touch magazines. I think it was In Touch. But they kept the faces blurred.

Yes, you are correct, but they published photos of Terry and the girls. Either way, it shows that the paparazzi now know where they are, and that can't be good.

I think because they are minors if they did show the faces, the magazines could be liable for some sort of criminal offense. But I could be wrong.

I'm not sure about that. They publish photos of celebrities' children all the time without getting in trouble, so they could probably publish photos of the girls' faces without the fear of legal repercussions. I think the public would be pretty angry, though, and public anger could equal fewer sales.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealdrreid
Back