Huge Fire In Malibu (ca) *merged threads*

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's well North of the fire Mt.

Thanks, I discovered that when I looked at my Atlas.

I am looking at the film on CNN; IT LOOKS UNREAL. The trees look really green, kind of like around Central Texas, and yet there is this unbelievable line of fire. Just doesn't look like it could really happen there, close to the Ocean.

Sad if all those Malibu homes are destroyed.

This is Castledashan.........in the Hill's of Malibu. Reported destroyed.
Amazing huh! This place is used for wedding and stuff today, IT WAS!

Sad,

Fire is now burning all over and in different areas...... now some homes on the beach on fire.

xxxxxxxxxooooo
mama
:blowkiss: :blowkiss:

OMG I'd be dying if my kids were there now. I didn't realize that you had two kids down here during that awful fire..which by the way the anniversary will be on Oct. 25, same day my Annie is having her baby.

She came up with that trivia yesterday! LOL

I wonder, seriously wonder why they're keeping those kids in the Gym!
Maybe there are so many of them they just think they'd be safer there.
I mean, they'd have to have busses to get all of them out.

Can you friends get through to the kids with cell phones?

xxxxxxxxooo
mama
:blowkiss:
I was dying. I jumped in my car against all common sense and drove there. I literally had to drive through fire to ge there and they closed the fwy shortly after. I brought the kids food, supplies and masks! I stayed for severla days and the air was horrible.
The boys were holed up in their apt playing playstation and I pictured them all asphyxiating without even knowing because they were so caught up in Madden Football.

Sad,

Fire is now burning all over and in different areas...... now some homes on the beach on fire.

xxxxxxxxxooooo
mama
It's going to be a very long day L_M; my ex-father-in-law, and all of his in-laws, were firemen in the Los Angeles area. They use to tell me about fighting the fires in the canyons during the Santa Ana winds. Although since then, I have seen some of that with my own eyes, most people can't even imagine how fast, and explosive, a fire with Santa Ana winds pushing it, can be.

Everything, for some distance ahead of the fire, is prre-heated, to the point, where bushes, and trees, literally explode in fire, like lighting a wooden match on a much larger scale, and then with the winds, they become like blow torches..

The news says 400 firefighters are fighting it. It showed them spraying where a structure (home) evidently burned down.

The fire evidently started last night.

I was dying. I jumped in my car against all common sense and drove there. I literally had to drive through fire to ge there and they closed the fwy shortly after. I brought the kids food, supplies and masks! I stayed for severla days and the air was horrible.
The boys were holed up in their apt playing playstation and I pictured them all asphyxiating without even knowing because they were so caught up in Madden Football.

I can visualize that so easily...

watching it now--400 firefighters,fire now spread to 1000 acres--Its a shame that castle burned, took 2 years to build, and the Pacific Coast Hwy closed now

Silly me; I see that San Luis is north of Santa Barbara, so I think he already went through that area.

My daughter thought about going to Pepperdine, and one of her friends did go there a couple of years. It's a very nice, exclusive liberal arts school.

Martha, it is a VERY nice school. Jeeze just look the location!

By the way, my youngest son Peter was in Austin yesterday, doing a commercial with Hurley and Toyoto..said it was very humid! He love's Austin though, toured with his old band there!

xxxxxxxxxxxxooooooooo
mama

My best friend just got off the phone with her niece who is being held in the cafeteria. They just now let them go to their dorms and grab some valuables and come right back. Her niece couldn't decide what to bring. She had just bought some $150 jeans and thought she should grab them LMAO! Kids!

Bean, right here at the beach we had all our windows closed......the whole sky was filled with smoke. What a horrible fire that was. I'd have done the same thing you did if my kids were involved. Dang good thing you got through...you just made it but I'm sure a lot of adrenalin was churning inside you! Wish I'd known you then. I could have got them and brought them to my place. Anything east of I-5 was a lot worse off then we were.

xxxxxxxooo
mama

Movie & Entertainment News provided by World Entertainment News Network (www.wenn.com)
2007-10-21 20:26:46 -

Seaside celebrity enclave Malibu Colony in California has been ravaged by a fast-paced wildfire, which broke out early on Sunday morning (21Oct07).

The blaze has already claimed an animal hospital and landmark buildings Hodge Castle, which was reportedly once owned by Bob Dylan, and Malibu Presbyterian Church.

Locals are mourning the loss of socialite Lilly Lawrence's castle home because it included a private museum featuring letters from Grace Kelly, Princess Diana and six U.S. presidents.

More than 500 firefighters are battling the blaze as WENN goes to press, but Los Angeles County Fire Department Inspector Sam Padilla admits the fire is far from under control.

Residents of Malibu Colony were evacuated to nearby Zuma Beach as the wildfire threatened their homes.

Built in the 1930s, the cluster of luxury homes that is Malibu Colony has been a favourite of celebrities over the years.

Linda Ronstadt, Larry Hagman, Jeff Bridges, Mel Brooks, Sting and Bill Murray are among the stars who reportedly own and rent homes in Malibu Colony.

In January (07), a smaller fire hit near the Colony area, and claimed the oceanfront home of actress Suzanne Somers
Malibu fires in November, 1993 destroyed Sean Penn and Ali MacGraw's homes, and came close to claiming estates owned by Mel Gibson and Richard Gere.

Students at nearby Pepperdine University have also been evacuated from their rooms to a campus cafeteria.

The wildfire is expected to blaze throughout Sunday and Monday as hot weather and heavy Santa Ana winds marked the height of traditional wildfire season after one of the driest rain years in Southern California on record.

Arson experts have already started to investigate the cause of the fire.
(KL/WN) WENN - BREAKING NEWS - 21 OCTOBER 2007

xxxxxxxxoooo
mama

In this image, the third house from the right, with the tennis court behind it,
is possibly one of the houses that has been on fire.

Martha, it is a VERY nice school. Jeeze just look the location!

By the way, my youngest son Peter was in Austin yesterday, doing a commercial with Hurley and Toyoto..said it was very humid! He love's Austin though, toured with his old band there!

xxxxxxxxxxxxooooooooo
mama

Humid???? Not like usual; it is pretty warm during the day but nice and cool at night. Actually we need some rain here, right now?

Yes, we've got water here. Some say we're the music capital of the world; I don't know about that.

I finally got hold of my son; he's in San Francisco. He hadn't heard of the fire. He said, "Mom you worry too much; you need to stop getting on the Internet and finding things to worry about."

Sad,

xxxxxxxxxooooo
mama

what a cool looking castle!...:(
hope no one is injured .... had the TV on just for the football game...no "breaking news" ...didn't know about this fire....

Pepperdine is affiliated with the Church of Christ, the church I grew up in and also the church of Mary Winkler :)furious:). Everybody was always talking about Pepperdine this and Pepperdine that, and I always assumed it was some obscure preachers' college somewhere in the South. Boy, was I surprised to find out how beautiful and normal it is. I so hope it will not be destroyed!

My daughter thought about going to Pepperdine, and one of her friends did go there a couple of years. It's a very nice, exclusive liberal arts school.

what a cool looking castle!...:(
hope no one is injured .... had the TV on just for the football game...no "breaking news" ...didn't know about this fire....

Doesn't look like it would catch on fire right Close_enough?

Look at the photos below:

xxooo
mama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics