Human Remains/Blue Barrel

Status
Not open for further replies.
This means Brodsky's statement *coughlie* is incorrect.

Sgt. Thomas J. Burek, a spokesman with the Illinois State Police, said that the team of investigators assigned to the Stacy Peterson case was "aware" of the body parts found near the Illinois Sanitary Ship Canal, along with the blue garbage can. Burek added that the Illinois State Police was in communication with authorities in Chicago on this new case and would await the results of the autopsy, scheduled for Saturday, before becoming involved in this investigation.

http://www.nbc5.com/news/15140963/detail.html

Lisa Stebic does not have light colored red or blonde hair. Please refer to the photos of Lisa here: http://www.findlisastebic.com/index/

There are very conflicting reports of this find. Some sound pretty definite they do think it is Stacy and yet others say it isn't. I don't believe it has anything to do with knowing where Drew is or keeping an eye on him for any reason. LE doesn't work that way...as we have witnessed many times in the past.

It may have to do with notification of the family and not giving false hope to them if this turns out not to be her. I would imagine they would want to be certain before they contacted them and would not want the press to be the ones to notify them instead.

That's an excellent point. Certainly the media was on this story immediately and LE hasn't had time to make any sort of confirmation. So it's very possible LE need to make confirmation and speak with the family.

I wonder if Drew is still overly concerned with finding a date tonight? I bet he is in the bottom of a Seagrams' bottle.

Brodsky is probably sleeping like a baby considering he believes Drew. Wow...is HE ever going to have a rude awakening if this is Stacy?!!!

How does JAB know what local LE has said to the task force? Do they call him and inform him of their movements and of what is requested of them?

SS I agree that it will be a long time til the autopsy is done and probably even longer until the results are released. The waiting will be hard for all of us. But I have to think about the family's position. No matter what LE may or may not have told them, they will still be on pins and needles wondering yes/no. On the edge of grief over the fact that their worst fear is realized to relief that they finally know. And if it isn't her, they will know they are going back to not knowing and waiting, and probably being faced with the same cycle again at some point.

Based on past cases, when a body is found they usually won't give out any info to the media. The family may or may not be told to prepare themselves. And no info will go to the public until the ID is official and the family has been told officially. Many times they will also have to have time to notify distant relatives.

The info that has come out has been different though. From a woman to a child, body parts, bones.... someone could be trying to hide the real info and it might be hard to do with a case with so much media attention. I know sometimes when media cannot get info from LE they will sometimes try witnesses, bystanders, and semi officials like EMT's and etc. What we are hearing sounds like rumor at this point.

One thing that bothers me is JAB "guarenteeing" that this isn't Stacy. To make a statement like that if he knew this even 'might' be Stacy would shoot his already low creditability and for what? He would know that with dental records and DNA, this body will be ID'D if it is Stacy so he has nothing to gain by a lie. Unless DrewP lied to him about a location or if DrewP thinks for some reason that she cannot be ID'd.

The same reason that his client, Drew "The Old Goat" Peterson has been smirking for 3 months. The blue barrel is his "red herring".

IMO, the investigators have been thrown off (purposely) by the Goat involving his mentally ill brother.:furious:

There is some evidence that the blue barrel does exist:

* Neighbor reported that he saw DP and an unidentified man move a blue barrel into DP's Denali.

* DP's step-brother, Thomas Morphey, says he helped DP move a blue container that was warm to the touch.

* LE found blue fibers consistent with a plastic container in the Denali

* Stacy's sister says a blue barrel that was in the garage is missing

* Neighbor reported that he saw DP and an unidentified man move a blue barrel into DP's Denali.

* DP's step-brother, Thomas Morphey, says he helped DP move a blue container that was warm to the touch.

Leila, thanks for your post! I was sitting here trying to remember the info about the blue barrel and wondering if their was any credibility to the step-brother. Yes, I remember the neighbor report now, the fibers/blue plastic--so maybe!

As cool as Peterson acts and thinks he is, I have been thinking whatever he did to Stacy, he knew she would never be found. jmo

Most who think they are so smart tho, usually aren't! :behindbar

Seems like Greta is with holding her thoughts....She is being cautious.

I noticed that too, but one can't blame her. This might not be Stacy.

20 miles tho from where Stacy disappeared tho, but there are always so many people disappearing and bodies found here and there and everywhere anymore! -scarry-

If this turns out to be Stacy, I'm very curious about how the body got to that location? From the description given by the media, the body was frozen into the ground. It sounded like the body might be encased in ice. Early reports say a blue garbage can was nearby.

It sounds like this body wasn't buried, and somehow came to rest in this field until it froze into the ground. Was the barrel dropped into the canal, and at some point surfaced and with the rain and snow, the canal overflowed into this field carrying the barrel/body with it? Or, was the body just left in that field?

Stacy's hair looks pretty blond to me here:

http://media.komotv.com/images/071225_stacy_peterson.jpg

Was it this color upon her disappearance? I will also add she looks like a child w/ her father or even her grandfather. Pig.

--->>>The news report with on video of the man who found the body and blue container, was seen by me on MSNBC. The first official report that broke this news to me, said, that the body had reddish hair with blond.

katiecoolady's post quoted her rings the bell for me. Just how many women missing meet the hair color 'requirement'? That, and that darned blue container 'nearby'. Nearby was what the report said.

Question, how would the body have gotten out of the container?

The report said that the remains were frozen to the 'ground/earth'. Report says it was first thought to be the remains of a child, but later sort of retracted that info.

I cannot remember how tall Stacy was, anyone ?

Once the body is ID'd, wonder IF IF autopsy will enable cause of death to tie it to DP?

JAB how could he under heaven KNOW anything for certain ?, about a body that has not been indentified yet? Unless in the dictionary under the word Gullible, you would find HIS picture next to it????

The remains will indeed bring closure to a family somewhere!!!!!!

OH Leila, just read your post, PERHAPS Somehow DP dropped the barrel from his little plane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wonder IF IF the barrel shows some extra damage????????????? I am wondering JUST how close to the body the barrel was found, from 'potential' impact etc.???

Thank you for your post, Leila! I totally believe the blue barrel exists, too. I just don't think that Stacey's body was ever in it. I think that a very clever and evil Drew Peterson murdered Stacey. I think that he engaged his brother (knowing that this particular person would be a "weak link"), set up a situation where cell phone records would show "pings" between the Peterson's house and the meeting place with the brother.

Then, sometime later, Peterson brought the brother back to the house and convinced him to "help (Drew) remove the barrel from the master bedroom". During this event, neighbors witnessed the men (or man) moving the large blue barrel into Drew Peterson's truck. I believe that Drew Peterson purposely made his brother believe that he had participated in the disposal of Stacey Peterson's body...enough to make him confess.

I do not believe Stacey Peterson was in that barrel. Perhaps another dead person (a drug overdose, a hooker) or just weights were in that barrel. Drew Peterson was confident enough that no one would find Stacey Peterson in a "blue barrel" that he engaged the shock jock who wrote songs about it!

I personally think that Stacey's remains were dumped in a landfill or an area that would be difficult to search. I also believe his attorney is aware of the location and is complicit in the disposal of her body.

I have to agree with the above thinking. Can an attorney be prosecuted for aiding & abetting or coverup?

It's kind of a strange feeling to be hoping that the remains are Stacy - I guess it just shows how convinced I am that she's gone. This would be closure for the family and hopefully help LE make their case against DP.

I have a couple of thoughts here.

First, if this body is intact - and some reports indicate that it is and is mostly frozen - I don't see how it could be Stacy. She has been gone for 3 months now and if she were exposed in the elements like this body, I don't think it would be intact. Now, IF she had been dumped while it was bitterly cold, that would be a different story. But having been deceased probably since late October, I would think that a lot of decomposition would have taken place before the freezing cold weather could have frozen and preserved the remains.

Second, there are a lot of posts regarding Drew possibly having either dismembered her or having used chemicals to help the process. I view Drew as a coward and don't see him having the guts to dismember. Plus, he really didn't have much time. This would have left too much evidence behind and he knows what that would have meant.

I don't think her demise was planned for that particular day, but once it happened he had to act quickly. If Morphey's story is correct, then he would have had only a few hours for disposal after the body was put in the Denali. I lean toward night time and that he probably was caught in the act when Cassandra phoned him and he lied and said he was home when Cassandra knew for certain he wasn't.

Because of the unplanned act for that day and the constraints of time, I think a dump site relatively close to home is the most likely scenario - something within an hour of home. That being said, in his line of work he would know of so many possibilities.

Brodsky is an idiot and I don't believe that he would have any information not available to everyone else. AND, even though he is an idiot, I don't believe he is complicit in the disposal of the body and don't believe he ever asked Drew if he did it and therefore wouldn't know any specifics. He came on board long after the body disposal. IMO

Thank you for your post, Leila! I totally believe the blue barrel exists, too. I just don't think that Stacey's body was ever in it. I think that a very clever and evil Drew Peterson murdered Stacey. I think that he engaged his brother (knowing that this particular person would be a "weak link"), set up a situation where cell phone records would show "pings" between the Peterson's house and the meeting place with the brother.

Then, sometime later, Peterson brought the brother back to the house and convinced him to "help (Drew) remove the barrel from the master bedroom". During this event, neighbors witnessed the men (or man) moving the large blue barrel into Drew Peterson's truck. I believe that Drew Peterson purposely made his brother believe that he had participated in the disposal of Stacey Peterson's body...enough to make him confess.

I do not believe Stacey Peterson was in that barrel. Perhaps another dead person (a drug overdose, a hooker) or just weights were in that barrel. Drew Peterson was confident enough that no one would find Stacey Peterson in a "blue barrel" that he engaged the shock jock who wrote songs about it!

I personally think that Stacey's remains were dumped in a landfill or an area that would be difficult to search. I also believe his attorney is aware of the location and is complicit in the disposal of her body.

I don't know how he could be complicit in the disposal as he wasn't on board right away and why would an attorney help his client dispose of a body? This makes no sense. Brodsky might be an idiot, but he's not going to lose his law license AND go to jail for a loser like Drew. Bordsky's not THAT dumb. Stacy was disposed of before Drew's appearance on TODAY when he put out a plea for an attorney.

Also, there is no way Drew would confide that to an attorney.....they both play along with the poor-Drew stuff knowing very well that he's guilty. Drew has been around the block too many times to confess that to an attorney - too many times around the block in his police work.

A defense attorney is bound by the attorney client privelege and cannot tell what a client tells him unless the client is stating an intention to harm someone else. So DrewP could have told JAB, and not only is JAB obligated not to tell, he would most likely lose his license if he told. If he stated it court, a mistrial would be declared. So no, JAB unfortunately won't be prosecuted because he is not obligated to tell and no one can ask him.

However, all JAB's talking today does tell me something. JAB does know, there is no doubt that Stacy is dead, and JAB knows where her body is. I don't believe that he would have made such a confident statement knowing the relative ease of ID, unless he knew she was dead and where DrewP said her remains are.

I just watched Nancy Grace accompanied by video.

With the video, it sounds like the remains were pretty decomposed. That paints a different story. Also, I was wondering why the remains would be near the barrel - how did they get out?

This location appears to be by water. The gases from a decomposing body could have floated the barrel to the top, blown the lid off and then the body would have become free. It sounds so awful, but from the investigative work on the Laci Peterson case, we all learned about gases from decomposing bodies and how powerful they are.

I agree with other posters that even if they thought it might be Stacy, investigators would try to downplay that until the family has been briefed and until LE knows where DP is. They are probably waiting to arrest until a good circumstantial case has been built, but might have an arrest planned if and when a body surfaces.

I still don't see Drew volunteering anything and I don't see Brodsky asking specifics about the crime. From what I understand about defense attorneys, they don't want to know.

I just watched Nancy Grace accompanied by video.

With the video, it sounds like the remains were pretty decomposed. That paints a different story. Also, I was wondering why the remains would be near the barrel - how did they get out?

This location appears to be by water. The gases from a decomposing body could have floated the barrel to the top, blown the lid off and then the body would have become free. It sounds so awful, but from the investigative work on the Laci Peterson case, we all learned about gases from decomposing bodies and how powerful they are.

I agree with other posters that even if they thought it might be Stacy, investigators would try to downplay that until the family has been briefed and until LE knows where DP is. They are probably waiting to arrest until a good circumstantial case has been built, but might have an arrest planned if and when a body surfaces.

I still don't see Drew volunteering anything and I don't see Brodsky asking specifics about the crime. From what I understand about defense attorneys, they don't want to know.

I don't know that much about forensics, but if DP killed Stacy on October 28th and placed her body in a container, weighted the container, and dropped that container into water that was anywhere from 15 - 30 feet in depth, wouldn't that have preserved the remains for some period of time? Water is usually quite a bit colder than body temperature, and colder at a depth than on the surface.

Within a few weeks after Stacy's disappearance, the weather was beginning to deteriorate and shortly after Thanksgiving ground searches were halted. It was cold, had rained, and then snowed. The colder temperatures would gradually make any body of water colder. So after some initial decomposition, wouldn't the increasingly colder water slow the process?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trinaluvschicken