Hunter Biden indicted, federal gun charges, Sept 2023

IceIce9

Verified EMT
Reaction score
Hunter Biden to plead guilty to federal charges

I wonder if Bob down the street would end up with the same deal as the president's son.
My guess would be no, not a chance in hello.

It's mind boggling how certain criminals just seem to never face justice.

jmo

I am more concerned about the rest of the information in the article, regarding his salary as a "lobbyist". Shouldn't there be some sort of ethics issue for the relatives of Vice President, to be doing lobbyist work in Congress and Senate?! That seems ethically challenged to me. And a salary of $50,000 a month?! Really?!

I am more concerned about the rest of the information in the article, regarding his salary as a "lobbyist". Shouldn't there be some sort of ethics issue for the relatives of Vice President, to be doing lobbyist work in Congress and Senate?! That seems ethically challenged to me. And a salary of $50,000 a month?! Really?!
Agree, these current charges are just the tip of the iceberg, imo.

I wonder if Bob down the street would end up with the same deal as the president's son.
My guess would be no, not a chance in hello.

It's mind boggling how certain criminals just seem to never face justice.

jmo

Bob would be free to negotiate a plea deal as well. Can you give an example of someone facing the same charges being treated differently?

Legal lobbying in itself is ethically challenged. But do you believe some kind of lobbying crime was committed here?

Legal lobbying in itself is ethically challenged. But do you believe some kind of lobbying crime was committed here?

I don't know, but it seems inappropriate. If nothing else, direct family members of public officials should not be eligible to participate in lobby activities.

Hunter Biden didn't seem to have many qualifications, aside from the fact that his father was vice president of the United States.

I don't know, but it seems inappropriate. If nothing else, direct family members of public officials should not be eligible to participate in lobby activities.

Hunter Biden didn't seem to have many qualifications, aside from the fact that his father was vice president of the United States.

I think there's probably an immense amount of lobbyists this could be said about JMO

I agree it was distasteful of him to take a job like that. It gives a bad appearance, if nothing else. However, Congress does not appear overly motivated to reign in these kind of lobbying practices. jmo

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikishaF
Back