Hunter's changes in Lin Wood's affidavit

I can imagine Marcia Clarke being willing to help on an affidavit that would clear Sydney and Justin Simpson if CourtTv had done a show listing them as possible suspects or accomplices.

tipper said:
I can imagine Marcia Clarke being willing to help on an affidavit that would clear Sydney and Justin Simpson if CourtTv had done a show listing them as possible suspects or accomplices.
I wasn't aware that Sydney and Justin Simpson had the ability to commit the crime like Burke Ramsey did...

They were there. I suppose you'd probably have to come up with a scenario wherein they killed their mother before Ron Goldman arrived.

But that isn't the point. Obviously I don't think they did it. My point was that that sort of situation (If CourtTV had offered them up as possible suspects) might bring about cooperation between a prosecutor and a civil attorney. In that case I could see the prosecutor saying "Sure, write up what you want to have said and I'll take a look at it." Or words to that effect.

LovelyPigeon said:
There's nothing fraudulent about the affadavit. Like many documents, it underwent some editing before it was finalized.

It was signed, witnessed, and is an official sworn affadavit.

Alex Hunter, by signing the October 12, 2000 affidavit, IMO committed fraud. Fraud is intentionally misrepresenting something of importance.

The document was cleverly worded to make it appear that Burke Ramsey had been "cleared" when he wasn't, and the people and the press have relied on this misrepresented information. Boulder authorities refuse to use the word cleared when it comes to Burke, even though years earlier they publicly put out news releases saying John Andrew and Melinda had been CLEARED.

So Hunter and Wood did what all good con artists do. They confused and obfuscated by using the words "witness" and "suspect" instead of using the word "cleared". Being a "witness" and not being a "suspect" have nothing to do with being cleared or not being cleared, but Hunter committed fraud by twisting words to make it appear the words meant Burke had been cleared. That's fraud.

Burke Ramsey has not been cleared.

JMO

BlueCrab said:
Being a "witness" and not being a "suspect" have nothing to do with being cleared or not being cleared, but Hunter committed fraud by twisting words to make it appear the words meant Burke had been cleared. That's fraud.
And more to the point, Hunter did this to enable Wood to pursue civil litigation on Burke's behalf: FRAUD. (Wonder if Hunter got a cut of the proceeds.)

There's nothing "cleverly worded" about the affidavit, and it's not fraudulent in any way. It's a legal document, signed, dated, witnessed.

Hunter obviously believed that Burke's treatment by tabloids and some media was legally reprehensible. Hunter was willing to provide an affidavit to Burke's innocence, and he did.

LovelyPigeon said:
Hunter obviously believed that Burke's treatment by tabloids and some media was legally reprehensible.
You are ABSOLUTELY right LovelyPigeon, and that's what makes the affidavit from Hunter not even worth the paper it's written on.
The idea that the corrupt and totally incompetent Alex Hunter would feel someone else was "legally reprehensible" is as ludicrous as Adolpf Hitler complaining about someone else's stance on human rights.

LovelyPigeon said:
There's nothing "cleverly worded" about the affidavit, and it's not fraudulent in any way. It's a legal document, signed, dated, witnessed.

Hunter obviously believed that Burke's treatment by tabloids and some media was legally reprehensible. Hunter was willing to provide an affidavit to Burke's innocence, and he did.

LP,

Then why didn't Hunter, in the affidavit, just come out in plain language and say Burke has been CLEARED, exactly as he did for John Andrew and Melinda? Why all of the hocus-pocus about "witnesses" and "suspects"?

The obvious answer is BURKE HAS NOT BEEN CLEARED.

Hunter's affidavit is intentionally misleading and therefore fraudulent. The public and the press have been tricked into believing Burke has been cleared and the proof is in the pudding -- to this day the public and the press, based on that affidavit, erroneously say Burke has been cleared.

Burke Ramsey has not been cleared.

JMO

BlueCrab said:
Then why didn't Hunter, in the affidavit, just come out in plain language and say Burke has been CLEARED, exactly as he did for John Andrew and Melinda? Why all of the hocus-pocus about "witnesses" and "suspects"?

The obvious answer is BURKE HAS NOT BEEN CLEARED.
Exactly, BlueCrab. If Hunter had intended to state Burke was cleared, why did he delete the following in its entirety from the affidavit?

All questions related to Burke Ramsey's possible involvement in the murder of JonBenet Ramsey were resolved to the satisfaction of the investigators and Burke Ramsey has never been viewed by investigators as a suspect in connection with the murder of his sister.

From December 26, 1996 to the date of this Affidavit, Burke Ramsey has not been and is not at present, a suspect in the investigation into the murder of his sister, JonBenet Ramsey.

He left in the sentence about not having "developed" evidence re Burke. Well, DUH... obviously he didn't develop anything re Burke, nor anyone else for that matter.

Hunter saw to it that this case went nowhere, so evidence wasn't "developed."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back