Hurricane Maria - Sept 2017

2 of the 3 major models indicate the possibility of something spinning up out of the gyre next weekend in the Caribbean.

Of couse, as we know, these are models of weather patterns. We will wait to see if anything develops.

https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/ana...uv850&runtime=2017100100&fh=168&xpos=2&ypos=3
f0913af981ebfc2b07b90f4b9acd68b4.jpg
9724616c8e3d1804a97e1c432e4f1c25.jpg

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

What will it take to make this stop? Cooler weather to cool the water?

What will it take to make this stop? Cooler weather to cool the water?

It's not over yet, there have been some major hurricanes in October, particularly Wilma and Sandy. Sandy hit us on October 29, 2012.

Both the Euro and the NHC are highlighting this spot for the weekend.....same spot we discussed earlier developing from the gyre. Canadian models develop it also but much stronger.

http://spaghettimodels.com
c124adf24e7d9546764c48d4e6bbc079.jpg
adbe913d0973e610fdbde307716c397f.jpg

A tropical system may bud near or just north of the Yucatan Peninsula. People from Belize, the Cayman Islands, southeastern Mexico and western Cuba to the United States' northern and eastern Gulf Coast should keep up to date on the situation.

Should a storm form and drift in the area aforementioned, Gulf Coast areas from Florida to Alabama, Mississippi and southeastern Louisiana could be at risk for damaging winds, coastal flooding, rough surf and beach erosion by early next week.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/weat...ico-western-caribbean-into-next-week/70002885

All 3 models, GFS, EURO, and CMC forecast development of a cyclone in the gulf on the 7th/8th of October. They are consistent as the region for landfall....LA, MS, AL.

Www.tropicaltidbits.com

Henry and JerseyGirl....so glad to see you here....I am a bit worried about Nate. ( Making ice....lol.) I am in southeast Louisiana...... :seeya:

well, it certainly is good to know you are a MISTER Archangel! I am happy to have that confusion out of the way.

I do hope you don’t have to travel hours to get to the next town, but thrilled to know you have some connection beyond just your island. Are you able to get the necessities you all need (toilet paper, food, water? ).

Be well and hold your family close.

lol. No worries. Only like 20 minutes of travel. Since I live in the Metro area (the least damaged by Maria) things have been going back to normal. I have supplies, just no power or internet. Many people are parking themselves in the highway just to get cellphone signal. Some companies like ATT have stronger signals.

For pictures of our way of life after Maria, you can enter gabyarchangel.tumblr.com

Be all safe during this storm season!

lol. No worries. Only like 20 minutes of travel. Since I live in the Metro area (the least damaged by Maria) things have been going back to normal. I have supplies, just no power or internet. Many people are parking themselves in the highway just to get cellphone signal. Some companies like ATT have stronger signals.

For pictures of our way of life after Maria, you can enter gabyarchangel.tumblr.com

Thank you so much for updating us. Glad that some things are trying to get back to normal. Praying too you get your power and internet back as soon as possible.

I'm especially grateful to you for the link to your photography collection. Oh my gosh, there are no words to express my admiration and amazement at your ability to capture such incredible images.

Your photographs create so much emotion in ME; they make me feel the complete gamut.

I'm so intrigued too. I can understand getting people to pose, but how did you get those adorable animals to pose? Such an amazing talent!

I wish you only the best as your country recovers. Please keep posting, and thank you again for sharing your Tumblr link...

Angel- Superb!!! Thank you for sharing. Wonderful pics. I felt like I was there!! Glad you are safe....

you make me so happy when you get to visit! :loveyou: I am glad for you to not have it too terrible. A 20 minute drives seem long to me these days, but it sure beats hours. The lack of power worries me for you. So hope you are able to keep food safely.

Was very kind of you to share share your photo page! I can’t add much more than the others have already said, They are wonderful pics (live the pit bull sitting in the chair, waiting patiently). You are a very good photographer, angel. You should take pics of what it is like now compared to before (if you have one from before) — if you can get to the same areas.

Keep sharing! And stay well!

stunning work Archangel. Can't add more than that as its all been said by the others.

This Sunday night at 9:00PM on CNN, Anthony Bourdain visits Puerto Rico before Hurricane Maria.

Bourdain’s field notes: Puerto Rico

It has been six weeks weeks since the hurricane, and 70 percent of Puerto Rico’s 3.4 million American citizens are still without power. About 25 percent are without fresh drinking water—people are drinking from streams and other contaminated sources. They are burning their dead. This is, of course, unthinkable. And grotesque. It is also true.

But things on these lovely islands filled with great food, incredible music, wonderful people who’ve given so much to their country—served its military, been such a vital part of our collective culture—were already tragically absurd. A state of financial limbo, political paralysis, and powerlessness that defies both decency and belief. A Kafkaesque situation that was already bleeding them out...

https://explorepartsunknown.com/puerto-rico/bourdains-field-notes-puerto-rico/

Two monster hurricanes battered these Caribbean islands. Now, they’re back in business
Cars were flipped, trees were toppled and leafless, and sand blanketed the scene. About 90 percent of the island’s buildings were damaged and 31 people were killed, he later learned. Thirty seven are still missing.

“I said to myself, ‘Oh my God. How am I going to deal with this?’ “ Tonge recalled.

In Dominica, like in other islands in the Caribbean where Hurricanes Irma and Maria hit in September, the storms proved disastrous not just for homes and businesses, but for the vital tourism economy as well.
On most of the islands that were hit — Dominica, Barbuda, the British Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, St. Martin, Turks and Caicos, and the U.S. Virgin Islands — tourism is the top industry, in some places accounting for more than 50 percent of the total gross domestic product. Across the Caribbean, tourism employs more than 2.4 million people, according to the World Travel and Tourism Council.

Study Puts Puerto Rico Death Toll From Hurricane Maria Near 5,000
May 29, 201810:10 AM ET

http://www.tampabay.com/news/public...aria-The-official-death-toll-is-64-_168671311
Harvard study estimates at least 4,645 people died as a result of Hurricane Maria. The official death toll is 64.
Published: May 29, 2018
Updated: May 29, 2018 at 11:35 AM

This auto-link works even though it is listed here as "Error"
NEJM - Error
www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMsa1803972
Mortality in Puerto Rico after Hurricane Maria
May 29, 2018
DOI: 10.1056/NEJMsa1803972

Last edited:
May 29, 201810:10 AM ET

Harvard study estimates at least 4,645 people died as a result of Hurricane Maria. The official death toll is 64.
Published: May 29, 2018
Updated: May 29, 2018 at 11:35 AM

This auto-link works even though it is listed here as "Error"
NEJM - Error
www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMsa1803972
Mortality in Puerto Rico after Hurricane Maria
May 29, 2018
DOI: 10.1056/NEJMsa1803972

This was debunked on local radio today here in Puerto Rico. The study has huge flaws in methodology and bias. It's mixing indirect and direct deaths.

I'm thinking of posting before/after photos of Maria. It's been over 6 months

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back