Hurricane Matthew - Sept-Oct 2016

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/05/health/hurricane-matthew-skull-trnd/

A sinister image of Hurricane Matthew, resembling a human skull, has lit up the Internet. The creepy satellite photo was posted Tuesday by Weather Channel senior meteorologist Stu Ostro as the hurricane made landfall in Haiti.

The image shows the hurricane through an infrared camera lens. It's been tweaked to show the storm in apocalyptic colors that accentuate the hurricane's eye ...

The "teeth" are clouds, lol.

landfall punta gorda

My Husband's Aunt lives there and went through Charlie. Her roof was ripped from her house and she lived in a FEMA trailer on her property for like a year while repairs to her house were being made.

No, I am pleased with myself for getting to figure out this site!!! I am too chatty to chat on chat by the time I got done with my chat the chat would be off chatting on something else !!

Native FL - never exp anxiety before- love them - they are amazing entites - but with age the thought of being w/o AC at this point is mortifying!!

Def anxious- the reality here is it is gonna clobber such a l o n g stretch there are only so many power guys , for those who have never seen it unreal, CHarely, the power truck caravons were amazing.

They are like 45 power trucks, from all over the country, all different colars, and when the first truck changes lanes, its just like a train they all move over one right after the other.

But most hurricanes direct impact and there is an area. This thing is gonna be like a tree trimmer across the coast of the entire state - this is a power restoration issue

Charlie average time for folks anywhere between 8-25 days w/ o power

Ike some were 6 weeks!
They definitely are one of nature's most beautiful and devastating creations! That's going to be the worst part is most of the east coast possibly up to North Carolina without power. Add in damage and trees down and you have major problems. There was so many of my "babies" I took care of before I retired that are on continuous vents. I'm praying for them because many are in the path. It's those who are the most fragile and our elderly. So scared for them! Stay safe!!!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Yeh weakened a bit, water ahead very hot --will pick up again imo

He has been the longest cat 5! WOnt hit 5 again but will resume 4
Yeah I see it back at a 4 pretty quickly after the Bahamas. A strong cat 4 at that.

Only in FL some schmuck who apparently lives on the ocean is telling a reporter that he has screens on his porch ????

Is this a medication non complaint indiv!!
He's one of those they should hand a sharpie to and ask him to write his Social Security number over his chest so it's easier to identify him in the aftermath.

Is there any reason for concern over Hurricane Nicole off to the east of Matthew???

:gasp:

ETA: this is from upthread, I forget who posted it but I have not closed the window since opening it...thank you very much for it whoever you are :wave:
https://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wind/surface/level/orthographic=-78.16,20.81,1778

ETA2: it was Wolf Dreamer ---- mucho gracias :bow:

This is an amazing site for looking at the wind around the world, including picking up Matthew

https://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wind/surface/level/orthographic=-78.16,20.81,1778

Is there any reason for concern over Hurricane Nicole off to the east of Matthew???

:gasp:
No I think Matthew is pulling all of its strength away. She will probably fizzle out. Jmoo

No, I am pleased with myself for getting to figure out this site!!! I am too chatty to chat on chat by the time I got done with my chat the chat would be off chatting on something else !!

Native FL - never exp anxiety before- love them - they are amazing entites - but with age the thought of being w/o AC at this point is mortifying!!

Def anxious- the reality here is it is gonna clobber such a l o n g stretch there are only so many power guys , for those who have never seen it unreal, CHarely, the power truck caravons were amazing.

They are like 45 power trucks, from all over the country, all different colars, and when the first truck changes lanes, its just like a train they all move over one right after the other.

But most hurricanes direct impact and there is an area. This thing is gonna be like a tree trimmer across the coast of the entire state - this is a power restoration issue

Charlie average time for folks anywhere between 8-25 days w/ o power

Ike some were 6 weeks!

Yes, the power truck caravans are amazing to see. I was down in Punta Gorda about a week after Charlie hit and seen so many of them traveling south on I-75. You really didn't need a map to know where you were going. Just, follow the trucks!!!

A friend of mine on Facebook posted a caravan of trucks carrying generators today along the interstate. The big county kind!!

The thing with Charlie is that sucker didn't want to quit and traveled the inner part of the state, still as a Cat 1. A friend of mine in Lakeland was without power for over a week and had so many trees down. It was a very scary experience for her.

Matthew is going to create havoc all along the coast. My neighbors on the right coast are in my thoughts. It's going to be a very bumpy ride.

:wave: CARIIS ---- Thank you for starting the thread...& for keeping it mooooooooving :cow:

:blushing:

He's one of those they should hand a sharpie to and ask him to write his Social Security number over his chest so it's easier to identify him in the aftermath. Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
I had to back up a bit and replay it to make sure I was hearing correctly!! Our local news is now online, a furniture outlet is running ads for this weekend. If I was the client I would have called and told them to pull my ads -- I dont think people are furniture shopping in the middle of a cat 4 hurricane !!

Sounds neurotic I know but other FLoridians here I am just filling up zip lock bags and freezing them -- there was no water in the store !!

He's one of those they should hand a sharpie to and ask him to write his Social Security number over his chest so it's easier to identify him in the aftermath.

If being told that doesn't make you leave your house...

Always better safe than sorry!!!

not a good sign. Its me and my doggie. Hearing this noise. Ignore a bit. Then it is like what the heck is that? The toothbrush keeps going on and off - I thought oh terrific we have a hurricane ghost with exemplary dental hygene!!

yeeeeehhhhh Coco Beach is turning off their sewer system in advance - that would make me evacuate in and of itself!!

They are flipping highways making em go one way onlly

attachment.php

Attachments

• 14502770_1720120264980306_671287248660434972_n.jpg
    14502770_1720120264980306_671287248660434972_n.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 143
Taste where are you ? I am smart I know JAX is in Jacksonville!!

They evacuated a hospital already!

Your insurance will pay for tarps to keep more damage local news

There evac another hospital now

Really is bizaire to see video of coco beach EMPTY!

Beachfront stores putting sand bags is well, just ............................

Werre back to FL -- dumb officials --Daytonia is not releasing shelter locations till tomm ?? WTF?

Evacuate now , we will tell you where to go tomm??

DUke power has 1500 extras

humm tropic force winds extend across the entire state ----that is something

I'm safe out here but I have one daughter and her family in Miami and another daughter and her family in West Palm Beach. Both have shuttered their houses and I'm sure they'll be okay - they went through Hurricane Andrew with me so they take the warnings seriously. Still, I worry. And yeah, after the big blow the lack of electricity and water is the real problem.

Thanks for starting the thread Coldpizza! It's comforting to know I can sit with y'all and wring my hands if I need to. Stay safe everyone!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greygooose
Back