I-80 NV/CA/UT, possible Serial Killer

Last edited:
About the dog: Lucky is described as an overweight, 100lb Akita mix. Overweight or not, the Akita was bred for hunting large mammals, including bear and boar, and as a personal protection dog.

Since Lucky is described as devoted to his owner, it's a fair bet that anyone attacking Patrick would have had Lucky to deal with first.

1. Lucky was shot and killed while defending Patrick - so why has the dog's body not been found during the searches of the area even if Patrick was taken away and disposed of elsewhere? There seem to have been no reports of blood being found at the scene, which you would expect if either Lucky was shot or he attacked Patrick's attacker.

2. Lucky was shot and injured while defending Patrick, but was not sufficiently badly injured to kill him immediately or quickly - this might explain the passing trucker's report that he saw a dog matching Lucky's description 3 days later just north of exit 205. But why was Lucky not found during searches of the area after Patrick's car was found?

3. Lucky was not shot at all, which suggests that for some reason he did not, or was not able to, defend Patrick from attack, and if not why not?

I can't help thinking that the most likely scenario is that Patrick wandered away from his car and had a sudden health emergency, and that Lucky, unable to revive him, returned to the area of the interstate in an attempt to attract attention. But this would mean that Patrick was somewhere outside of the search area and doesn't really explain what happened to Lucky in the end. If Lucky was nearby and trying to attract attention, he would surely have gravitated to the activity at the ramp while the search was going on.

I dunno, this doesn't really add up.
Just had a thought, what if Lucky went out into the road (where the trucker said he saw him) to get attention in order to help Patrick but then was hit by a car. Then someone came along and took him because he was injured. I wonder if they ever checked any. Vets in the area? Or if he died maybe the person that hit him took him to bury him?

Hey, um I hope I don't get into trouble for this, but I will do it anyways...I recently within the last year took care of Judith casidas husband at hospital. I verified it was him with his records. Unfortunately he was not um all with it if you know what I mean. I honestly doubt he's still around. Anyways I spoke to him about his wife and I asked him where she was. This may be totally unusable info since he was in a state of mind that I would describe as but can not confirm as disoriented. Anyways when I asked him if the picture of her was his wife he said yes. I asked him where she was and he said..."still at home." He was discharged or gone by the time I worked again. Most likely to a nursing home. But yeah creepy odd response.
Ok I have read this before BUT it's only Now that it dawned on me what he saido_O

View attachment 130300 View attachment 130301 this is an image from the truck in the video that I thought had similarities to the truck in question
That looks like a very good match for that still picture. I used to go with that still. But then I heard the sheriff say he saw a G in the logo so I went with the other fainter still where I could see the G he was talking about. But the G looks weird. I thought it might be a 6 so maybe it was 76 on a US flag. I couldn’t find a flag logo with a 76.

I did find a couple of US map outline logos with letters inside and this image has a straight line at the top and curves on the bottom. The picture with the purple filter comes from America’s Most Wanted.

Attachments

• EC4C7D5A-448D-49F1-AF51-E3042ECE2232.jpeg
    EC4C7D5A-448D-49F1-AF51-E3042ECE2232.jpeg
    34.5 KB · Views: 11
Here’s my best match blurred with Lunapics compared to an enhanced image of the mystery logo (bottom). I asked the company if their trailers go with just the small logo but I haven’t heard back. It’s CFS - Colonial Freight Systems.

Attachments

• AE6567DE-A348-4D35-8416-00309671E732.jpeg
    AE6567DE-A348-4D35-8416-00309671E732.jpeg
    43.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 5B1F1A7D-1BF0-41CE-9B32-142653B7D90D.jpeg
    5B1F1A7D-1BF0-41CE-9B32-142653B7D90D.jpeg
    34.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 78332140-B409-4457-8D65-95E2E986C005.jpeg
    78332140-B409-4457-8D65-95E2E986C005.jpeg
    53 KB · Views: 5
Here’s my best match blurred with Lunapics compared to an enhanced image of the mystery logo (bottom). I asked the company if their trailers go with just the small logo but I haven’t heard back. It’s CFS - Colonial Freight Systems.
Wow that actually looks really close.! I do notice in the americas most wanted photo it almost looks like there is a light colored square under the black map thing w a dark circle and then under that lower towards the bottom looks like 2 long lines across maybe words?

I think the line showed up on the other stopped truck as well. I believe it was a seam.

But I know what you mean about the black dot. It does pop up. I have to do some more analysis of the video.

I finished my video analysis and I think I solved the mystery of the black dot. It looks like it’s motion blur. If you look at the AMW video slowly, you can see the dark spot moving. It moves down and to the left from the logo so I’m guessing that means the truck is going slightly uphill as well as left to right. I’ll try to show you some screen captures to show you what I mean.

Last edited:
Okay, here it is. Three shots in sequence. You can see the right tail or bottom horn of the logo shift down.

(There are some reflections from the monitor as I did a manual screen grab with my phone.)

Attachments

• A644E1AF-6AA8-45DF-94E9-EFE5CFD46EDE.jpeg
    A644E1AF-6AA8-45DF-94E9-EFE5CFD46EDE.jpeg
    21.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 072B0813-15A2-49B4-BCF6-B8293DC5122E.jpeg
    072B0813-15A2-49B4-BCF6-B8293DC5122E.jpeg
    15.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 33C24FC7-DC1D-4CCF-B85C-7E6396826712.jpeg
    33C24FC7-DC1D-4CCF-B85C-7E6396826712.jpeg
    16.7 KB · Views: 8
Here’s a screen grab of the logo as it appears in the frame for the very first time for comparison with the US map logo, unenhanced and enhanced.

At the bottom, I’ll put the AMW stop frame that was circulated. It comes immediately after the very first one on the top and it’s already different.

Attachments

• 906752EA-761E-41BD-95F2-938AA7BF6DA0.jpeg
    906752EA-761E-41BD-95F2-938AA7BF6DA0.jpeg
    18.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 806D0E17-91C8-42CB-908C-CD2E7EF309DA.jpeg
    806D0E17-91C8-42CB-908C-CD2E7EF309DA.jpeg
    39.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 66253315-2B0B-43E2-AD5B-196D972AAA63.jpeg
    66253315-2B0B-43E2-AD5B-196D972AAA63.jpeg
    32.5 KB · Views: 5
  • E7015D3E-C179-4C88-8356-552CA81EBAFA.jpeg
    E7015D3E-C179-4C88-8356-552CA81EBAFA.jpeg
    13.9 KB · Views: 8
Here’s a screen grab of the logo as it appears in the frame for the very first time for comparison with the US map logo, unenhanced and enhanced.

At the bottom, I’ll put the AMW stop frame that was circulated. It comes immediately after the very first one on the top and it’s already different.
someone just liked this and noticed it was posted a while ago.. But wow I totally see it.. and I actually see what looks like the red white and blue stripes on the bottom.. Omg great eye!! I wish I would of seen this sooner...wow!

I always thought the logo looked more like the letter "K" than anything, but could never find a match. The "Knight" logo looks perfect, and in the right corner too, but the rest of the truck doesn't match. I also thought "Circle K" might be it, but not so.

Here's what I did find, and it does seem very, very close in my opinion. Would love to hear if anyone else would like to comment. The image below is a screenshot I made from a video from this link:

Possible-Logo.jpg Pat-followed.jpg

idk if any of you have watched explore with us and there coverage of this case they said the an highway officer approached them and he told them"he always just stops at the scene and is always looking for evidence and he had even picked up stuff the officer has claimed could have been evidence and puts it in his car" idk if im just stupid but since when did highyway officers just stop off and exits to looks for evidence of a crime and do it by them selfs and just put it in his car???? to me ill tell you it sounds like he goes out there and finds any evidence that was left over and destroyes it because if you ask if any new evidence was not only found ....but none was ever submitted for review .... why would he say he collects evidence to see if it has anything to do with any crime why hasnt none been submitted.......is this officer the same one who pulled patrick over on that short vid??? sumone help me find out if these two officers are not the same please i think we need to know this answer so we can determine if this officer is hiding or destroying evidence but either way sumthing is not right

idk if any of you have watched explore with us and there coverage of this case they said the an highway officer approached them and he told them"he always just stops at the scene and is always looking for evidence and he had even picked up stuff the officer has claimed could have been evidence and puts it in his car" idk if im just stupid but since when did highyway officers just stop off and exits to looks for evidence of a crime and do it by them selfs and just put it in his car???? to me ill tell you it sounds like he goes out there and finds any evidence that was left over and destroyes it because if you ask if any new evidence was not only found ....but none was ever submitted for review .... why would he say he collects evidence to see if it has anything to do with any crime why hasnt none been submitted.......is this officer the same one who pulled patrick over on that short vid??? sumone help me find out if these two officers are not the same please i think we need to know this answer so we can determine if this officer is hiding or destroying evidence but either way sumthing is not right

mph that is really strange. Can you compare the videos to see if the officers look the same

great idea ima try and contact the ewu crew and see if maybe by sum chance they have video or can recognize this officer if i can find and employee photo from that police department

i think its funny that in the short video of the cop pulling him over i get the feeling right away the cop is very angry that patrick is following a trucker????is it just me ???this cop should be the suspect and the reason i would rule out the trucker is for one most truckers are on a time schedual and almost all have gps how could he have gone off rout mostgps in company trucks will alert company right away so i dont think it was the truck driver not only all that why would you call the cops tell them sum one is following you and then murder sum one after ????? has never happend in history of serial killers ?????

is there a way to validate a call came in about patrick following a truck driver if so there will be a record of a call from sum one and by the dash cam from police we a are able to get a time and date to estimate the phone call time and go from there and see who called it in

the only crime scene photos i find of his car almost looks like he was trying to pull off and sleep for a while or wait there for a while his seat was reclined back pretty far went to my dads subaru and put seat in same spot and position im 6ft i 150 pounds i would not be able to drive just barely reach pedels and barely see of steering wheel ....i think he was resting there for a while ????maybe same cop followed him reaproached him and killed him idk???

the only crime scene photos i find of his car almost looks like he was trying to pull off and sleep for a while or wait there for a while his seat was reclined back pretty far went to my dads subaru and put seat in same spot and position im 6ft i 150 pounds i would not be able to drive just barely reach pedels and barely see of steering wheel ....i think he was resting there for a while ????maybe same cop followed him reaproached him and killed him idk???

good eye on the reclined seat I had not noticed that. Prob right he was trying to rest and if a cop shows up it would not show any sign of struggle in the car.
If the cop asked him to get out of the car iam sure he would of without a fight. I just had a thought. I wonder if he was out of the car with his dog maybe walking him when he was abducted? I keep going back to what you said about the cop Picking up Evidence that is just so suspicious. I wonder if any of the cops from the prescient find it odd that ilthis cop is just drying around and picking up evidence?

yes i very much think he was not in the car when he dissapeared and car was not drivin by the killer only patrick drove that car. no one tried to hide his car or nothing i wonder if the killer even knew if the car was there or if the killer is so smart he just didnt go back to the car to leave evidence foot prints tire marks or sumthing like that .....just as im typing this i got the officers name i think its officer dave bowls dave laws ???? the ewu crew say when they pulled up the officer was off the highway a little down by an old muddy creek bed and was pulling a tee shirt out of the mud so he can take it too his patrol car and check it for evidence ???????? since when did highway patrol officers just pull off highway alll random to look for so called evidence of a possible crime????? what makes him think that he can go out by him self and disturb things he would discribe him self as potencal evidence

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelonyAnn
Back