I need help

The first article is stating Sept.2004 and they were indited October 2004.
Interesting though,I can't find anything on what happened to Christina the mother.

The article published in Feb 2006 regarding the mother's boyfriend, says that charges were still pending against the mother. The mother was indicted in October 2004, so those charges were pending for over a year!

http://www.lubbockonline.com/stories/011309/obi_376773733.shtml According to this obit, Christina Kasprzyk's grandmother died on January 11, 2009 and it lists granddaughter Christina as well as 3 great-grandchildren surviving her. Maybe Christina is locked up and hasn't had any more children (I hope so). Didn't give the city she lives in as obits sometimes do.

I wasn't able to find any recent articles by Jason Womack, so he may not be with the Avalanche Journal any longer.

I would go with Poco's recommendation to contact the lawyer she cited. He specializes in grandparents' rights.

Has anyone heard from rhdHihness since her initial post ?

Thank everyone so much for your replies & support, I've contacted Lubbock legal aid, I have to call back Thursday to see if I qualify because I'm out of state. And I am going to call the reporters too, I hadn't thought about that, my grandchildrens names are, Sean, Jeremy & Katelynn Kasprzyk. I'll keep this updated & I welcome anyone's ideas, I'm so upset I cant think. I never thought I'd find them under there circumstances. Please keep them in your prayers. thank you Liz.

Christina is in TDC- Texas Dept of Corrections

SID Number: 07389786
TDCJ Number: 01406222
Name: KASPRZYK,CHRISTINA L
Race: W
Sex: F
Maximum Sentence Date: 2011-08-11
Current Facility: MOUNTAIN VIEW
Projected Release Date: 2011-08-11
Parole Eligibility Date: 2007-03-09

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Current Offense Data:
Offense Date Offense Sentence Date County Case No. Sentence (Y-MM-DD)
2004-09-19 INJURY TO CHILD SBI 2006-09-28 LUBBOCK 2004-407258 5-00-

http://168.51.178.33/webapp/TDCJ/index2.htm

Could the children be with her parents??

Christina is in TDC- Texas Dept of Corrections

SID Number: 07389786
TDCJ Number: 01406222
Name: KASPRZYK,CHRISTINA L
Race: W
Sex: F
Maximum Sentence Date: 2011-08-11
Current Facility: MOUNTAIN VIEW
Projected Release Date: 2011-08-11
Parole Eligibility Date: 2007-03-09

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Current Offense Data:
Offense Date Offense Sentence Date County Case No. Sentence (Y-MM-DD)
2004-09-19 INJURY TO CHILD SBI 2006-09-28 LUBBOCK 2004-407258 5-00-

http://168.51.178.33/webapp/TDCJ/index2.htm

Could the children be with her parents??

Great work Alwaysonmymind !! This information needs to get to RhdHIGHNESS.
If these kids are with someone else they need to know they have another set of Grandparents that love them and have been looking for them.
RhdHighness: I can not believe that you have to wait until Thursday to hear anything,the waiting must be excruciating. Please let us know how you make out.

That's a good thought, alwaysonmymind had. Maybe the children are with Christina's parents. The obit of Christina's grandmother listed 2 daughters - D. Dunn of Lubbock and D. Wood of Texarkana. If I had to guess, I would think the Dunns are Christina's parents.

RhdHighness - do you think you would be favorably received if you contacted the other grandparents? If so, we can probably find their contact info.

Great work Alwaysonmymind !! This information needs to get to RhdHIGHNESS.
If these kids are with someone else they need to know they have another set of Grandparents that love them and have been looking for them.
RhdHighness: I can not believe that you have to wait until Thursday to hear anything,the waiting must be excruciating. Please let us know how you make out.

Thank you. :blushing: She received a 5 year sentence for injury to a child causing serious bodily injury. I'm thinking she probably agreed to testify against the boyfriend in exchange for a reduced sentence.

In cases like this,Texas CPS attempts to place children with family members. If they are suitable and want the children. I hope and pray these children are receiving the help they need to heal from this.

You Sleuths are AWESOME! So much good info here. RhdHighnes - when speaking to the Texas legal aid - remind them that while you might be from out of town, your grandchildren are in Texas!

I'm praying for you and your grandchildren!

Salem

One option is to try to find them through their schools. Here is a link to the elementary schools http://www.lubbockisd.org/Elementaries.htm . I'm not sure how old the other children are but there are links at the bottom to check out middle/high schools. I haven't looked at every school but some have yearbooks. I'm not sure if they would still be in the same area if they are in foster care or if they would even still be listed with the same last name. I'll keep looking to see if I can come up with something.

Another option would be to get a private investigator or if you are up to it, go right to the source and visit the mother in jail (I'm not sure that I would want to go that path, too emotional but for the sake of the children, it may be worth the painful emotions)

Geez only 5 yrs.!! I'm so sorry for what you're going through but you've gotten some good advise here...
What about calling this Det.? He might be able to tell you more then cps can...??

"She's a precious little girl, and you can tell she's got a long road to recovery,"said Cpl. Bill Carter, a detective with the Lubbock Police Department.

http://www.lubbockonline.com/stories/100704/loc_100704028.shtml

Geez only 5 yrs.!! I'm so sorry for what you're going through but you've gotten some good advise here...
What about calling this Det.? He might be able to tell you more then cps can...??

"She's a precious little girl, and you can tell she's got a long road to recovery,"said Cpl. Bill Carter, a detective with the Lubbock Police Department.

http://www.lubbockonline.com/stories/100704/loc_100704028.shtml

Your right the detective could probably shed a lot of light on where the kids are and if they know why the grandparents were not contacted. Who knows what the mother might have told them..

Thank you. :blushing: She received a 5 year sentence for injury to a child causing serious bodily injury. I'm thinking she probably agreed to testify against the boyfriend in exchange for a reduced sentence.

In cases like this,Texas CPS attempts to place children with family members. If they are suitable and want the children. I hope and pray these children are receiving the help they need to heal from this.
Could she already be out on parole? Maybe I'm reading this prison info wrong.

Could she already be out on parole? Maybe I'm reading this prison info wrong.

Her first chance for parole came up 3-09-2007. She didn't make it.
Her projected release date is 8-11-2011.

I found this
http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache...+"Katelynn+Kasprzyk"&cd=5&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
I think it could be her, could I send a letter to her or her foster parents? Are they allowed to talk to me?

I think you are right. That is not a very common name. How sweet. After all she' been through, she gets the Helping Hands award at school.

Grand Saline is a small town about 60 miles from Dallas. Do you know if she is with the mothers family? Are her brothers with her? An obit has either the aunt or grandmother in Texarkana. This is not far from Grand Saline.

As for the foster parents being allowed to talk to you,,, I don't know how that would work. Maybe someone familiar with foster care in Texas can answer that.

I found this
http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache...+"Katelynn+Kasprzyk"&cd=5&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
I think it could be her, could I send a letter to her or her foster parents? Are they allowed to talk to me?

Hi RhdHighness. I think I would wait to send a letter until you finally get to speak to someone who is involved in the case. I know it is difficult because you are her Grandmother and love her very much. The only reason I say this is because I'm sure this little girl has had intensive counciling and you may have to be reintroduced to her. Hopefully you will hear something tomorrow. The waiting must be just awful for you and hopefully it will not be long until you hold her in you arms..

I am so very sorry to hear about your son passing away and your grandchild being abused.

What I am going to say may be hard to hear and I hope I don't offend you.

I know it is no fault of your own that you had no contact with your grandchild and I am sorry that the state did not contact you when this happened. Unfortunally they would of gotten the infomation about grandparents from the child's mom. If she did not give them your name then they would not of contacted you. It has been years since this happened and the your grandchild was likely adopted from the foster care system if shes not with family.

The state is not going to tell you anything if the child has been adopted even if you get a attorney they still won't tell you anything if they been adopted by foster parents . If she has been adopted from someone that is not biological family to her then unfortunally you have no more rights as Grandparernts. Please I am sorry if that sounds mean I don't want it to but I know that to be fact. I am in the process of adopting 4 right now from foster care.

Your best bet is if the children are with family on the moms side. Then you have a chance by filing with the courts for visits.However if they was adopted by the family members you unfortunally still may not stand a chance as legally they are no longer your son's ex's children but the children of whoever has adopted them. I can almost guarantee you they have TPR on the mom which will make it really hard for you to find anything out at all.

This is so heart breaking :( I wish I knew some advice to give you. I would fight with everything I have to find out if they have been adopted or if they are still in foster care or with her family.

If they have been adopted out please don't be upset with the parents that adopted them, They would not of known your name or how to contact you nore would it of been their responablity. It lays on the mothers and the state to contact family of the children, unfortunally you just don't know what the mom told the state about you. The children deserve to be in a stable home if thats with biological family so be it if thats being adopted so be it.

There is rules when it comes to Foster children and getting them in a home that will be their forever home. I am not saying what happened to you is right............. It's not........... I am praying where ever your grandchildren are they are in a home that loves them and takes care of them and charishes them as they should be. I hope if the best place for them to be was with their moms family then thats where they are and you can find them and get in contact and get visits. Again I am sorry I hope I don't sound heartless I am just telling you how things work in foster care.

Get a attorney hopefully one that can help you but if they are adopted please don't be surprised if noone will tell you anything :-( We have a flawed system that is forsure.

also you may want to join a foster care forum thats on the net. They may have some advice for you. I'll pm you the link.

Ohh. You know what? You can write the mom since shes in Jail you know where she's at. Give her a number to call you collect at. She may not be who you want to talk to but she will know if her kids have been adopted out or if they are still in foster care or with her family. I'd befriend her to get all the infomation I can..... Putting $20 on her books in jail will be cheaper then a attorney........ And then after you get the info you need you don't have to speak to her again.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back