I still have an open mind as to how this happened and who did it

I’m a little confused about how or why you think a sudden change of plans would be a problem, and I’m not sure what you mean by “last minute.” I mean, the kids dead since the middle of the night.

If in the day of a planned trip you decide not to go, it is a last minute change of your plans. If you do such a change and then, AFTER THAT, you discover & report your kid missing and possibly kidnapped, yes, that does look suspicious. If you change your plans after discovering someone snatched your child, well, it is perfectly normal thing to do.

Disposal was not impossible; disposal was risky. They may have decided to forego the risk. That’s fine, but once you decide to forego the risk than you no longer have reporting a kidnapping as a viable option. You now have to explain the body in the house. A kidnapping does not do that.

As i wrote before, maybe they planned to dispose JonBenet's body after reporting the kidnapping. But there was one problem, namely the police in their house.

If they planned to dispose of the body, in a suitcase or whatever than there is no reason for the body to be in the basement. It should be in the car and ready to go. Why take it to the basement first?

To stage a sexual assault and garrotte JonBenet. I can imagine they weren't thinking clearly that night. Maybe they couldn't find a fitting suitcase. AFAIK Patty packed the clothes for the trip into plastic bags, so it seems Ramseys weren't that well equipped.

If the Ramseys used the notepad, but didn’t dispose of it, used the paintbrush, breaking it and putting part of it in the tray, etc then they committed several unnecessary self-incriminating acts. However, these are acts that an intruder could commit without fear of incrimination.

But why would he bother putting the broken brush back to the tray? The answer is: he wouldn't. Why would the intruder came without the ransom note prepared? How would he know where to find the pen and the pad in the completely strange house, at night? What kind of intruder would sit there calmly, scribbling different versions of the ransom note beginning?

Last but not least: what kind of an intruder bothers himself with writing the three pages of the ransom letter, only to leave the victim body in the house? Did he have some penchant for writing, or what? Leaving JonBenet in the Ramsey's house means no cash for the intruder. So why even bother? That would have to be one of the stupidest criminals in the world.

As far as I know the victim being changed into fresh panties, etc is primarily forum conjecture. The panties she had on were large, but not clean or fresh; they had urine and blood on them and so she was obviously wearing them before as well as after death.

The amount of blood on the panties was very small, so obviously JonBenet was not wearing them when she was assaulted. Ergo she was redressed. Also she had a lot of her own panties, in a suitable size, so why would she wear an oversized bloomies, that were supposed to be gift for her cousin?

Well, for one thing, there's considerable variations on how willing the Rs were to take a polygraph test, back when their memories were fresher. As for the FBI using the test to extract a confession, I'll let you in on a little secret, Amateur: that's the whole purpose of polygraph tests. I actually devote an entire chapter to the polygraph issue, and in my research, I've become convinced that there's no point to them except as leverage against a suspect. Even if I KNEW I was innocent, I wouldn't take one. But refusing to take one under your guaranteed rights is a lot different from what the Rs did, which was to hire their own tests--plural--until they found one disreputable enough to give them a passing grade as a publicity stunt.

Hey, I've said it a million times: if someone refuses to talk to the police, they shouldn't be judged; if they LIE, they should be judged.

My source is John himself, who confessed in his deposition that the team he hired was purely to keep him out of jail (and we've often discussed the underhanded tactics they used to do it), which was contrary to his public statements that they were there to follow up on leads that the police weren't bothering with.

To expand on what I said a moment ago, it's one thing to hire legal help, for whatever reason. No one says you can't. No one says you shouldn't. But, again, there's a big difference between that and what the Rs did.

No one needs to be inherently evil, AN. It's all a question of circumstance and personal fortitude. Different people react differently. But I hold that anyone is capable of anything, given the right motivation. I'm often amazed at what people will do to their loved ones when they feel trapped.

Perfect Murder, Perfect Town and Foreign Faction are the best ones I've come across. (I'll resist the temptation to make a plug!)

With me, it's about 95% And it helps me (I can't speak for other people) to see where the majority of experts stand, at least when it comes to science. Handwriting analysis has no scientific basis and varies wildly from analyst to analyst.

bbbm
Yes, Dave, those are good ones. I read PMPT when it first became available, and I've just finished Kolar's book. Both are good -- I'll be starting JonBenet: Inside the Ramsey Murder Investigation by Steve Thomas next. I do think reading a couple of the books is better than reading just one.

And there are some not-so-good-ones, too. Definitely those are written with a particular agenda and not well done, judging from the reviews in MSM and here on WS as well.

Maybe JonBenet: Inside... will hold me till the best one comes out. It's a book dealing with all this business by this guy who knows a lot about the Ramsey investigation and all the rest, and he has an unbiased view of it. Ummm, I think his pseudonym is SuperDave. Yes, that's it. That's the one I really want to read because I feel like I know the guy, I value his opinion, and I am impressed with his smarts. I can't wait!

IMO, it the Ramsey's were trying to plant suspicion away from themselves and to someone that they were acquainted with and several things point to this: the ransom amount, the location of the body, John stating he thought it was an inside job. Saying the doors were locked was just another part of this because later they stated there were several keys to the house out there. This along with the other things, lead to someone in their inner circle being involved. I think that was their intention.

Because face it, NO unknown intruder came into the house, wrote a ransom note with a pad a paper from the home, knew details of John and his bonus amount, and made their way to the remote basement location. Whether you think R's were responsible or not, I cannot fathom how someone can think this was just some random perp who had no knowledge of the Ramsey's at all.
I don’t know that anyone (ID) thinks that “this was just some random perp who had no knowledge of the Ramsey's at all.”

Some IDI think the perp was an insider, and some think he was a stranger who “watched” the home and his victims (the Ramseys) for a period of time before committing the crime.

It has not been established that 118 is a reference to Mr Ramsey’s bonus amount. It has also been speculated that 118 could be a reference to psalm 118. If the 118 is a reference to psalms, than the reference to the bonus amount becomes coincidence; so, both could be coincidence. In either case it is not reasonable for a Ramsey to make such a reference as this would be self-incriminating.

Here are a few other 118 coincidences: 118 is the number of victim case studies used as formation for “Sexual Homicides: Patterns and Motives.” A book written in part by FBI Profiler (don’t try to grow a brain) John Douglas. This number is repeated many times in the book and is also mentioned in the Douglas, Olshaker 1995 book “Mindhunter.” Interestingly, between pages 137 -166 of “Mindhunter” four killers are discussed in this order: S on of Sam; B tk; T railside Killer; C armine Calabro. S.B.T.C

118 is also the running time for the movie Silence of the Lambs. In this movie the head of the FBI’s Behavioral Science Unit is named Jack Crawford. A character supposedly modeled after retired FBI profiler and “Mindhunter” co-author (it is up to you now) John Douglas

118 is also the number of Kojak (tv series) episodes aired. 118 is the number of The Untouchables (tv series) episodes aired.

If you drive 60 miles per hour, then it will take you 118 minutes to drive 118 miles. Many highways have an Exit 118. 1:18 is the scale used for Hotwheels (and many other toy vehicles).

A mathematically minded person might recognize 118 as nontotient; a world traveler might recognize it as directory assistance in several European countries and as the emergency number in several other countries.

The “Wilderness Skills Series” offers “Bush Knots,” 118 minutes of knot tying for the beginner (on dvd or video).
118 could have had significance for the killer or it could have been used simply because it was an unusual number.
….

AK

I don’t know that anyone (ID) thinks that “this was just some random perp who had no knowledge of the Ramsey's at all.”

Some IDI think the perp was an insider, and some think he was a stranger who “watched” the home and his victims (the Ramseys) for a period of time before committing the crime.

It has not been established that 118 is a reference to Mr Ramsey’s bonus amount. It has also been speculated that 118 could be a reference to psalm 118. If the 118 is a reference to psalms, than the reference to the bonus amount becomes coincidence; so, both could be coincidence. In either case it is not reasonable for a Ramsey to make such a reference as this would be self-incriminating.

Here are a few other 118 coincidences: 118 is the number of victim case studies used as formation for “Sexual Homicides: Patterns and Motives.” A book written in part by FBI Profiler (don’t try to grow a brain) John Douglas. This number is repeated many times in the book and is also mentioned in the Douglas, Olshaker 1995 book “Mindhunter.” Interestingly, between pages 137 -166 of “Mindhunter” four killers are discussed in this order: S on of Sam; B tk; T railside Killer; C armine Calabro. S.B.T.C

118 is also the running time for the movie Silence of the Lambs. In this movie the head of the FBI’s Behavioral Science Unit is named Jack Crawford. A character supposedly modeled after retired FBI profiler and “Mindhunter” co-author (it is up to you now) John Douglas

118 is also the number of Kojak (tv series) episodes aired. 118 is the number of The Untouchables (tv series) episodes aired.

If you drive 60 miles per hour, then it will take you 118 minutes to drive 118 miles. Many highways have an Exit 118. 1:18 is the scale used for Hotwheels (and many other toy vehicles).

A mathematically minded person might recognize 118 as nontotient; a world traveler might recognize it as directory assistance in several European countries and as the emergency number in several other countries.

The “Wilderness Skills Series” offers “Bush Knots,” 118 minutes of knot tying for the beginner (on dvd or video).
118 could have had significance for the killer or it could have been used simply because it was an unusual number.
….

AK

BBM Interesting you'd mention this book, the same one found in the R's master bedroom. The same author, and profiler, later hired by the RST.

I also tend to think that the ransom note was intended for the police. Yes, I am IDI, but I sometimes entertain the idea that this note was intended for the police and that the Ramseys were sort of like the mailman. But, that’s another story...

I completely understand how dumping the body would be problematic. So, don’t dump it, but don’t fake a kidnapping, either! Fake something else, something that explains what needed to be explained – a dead body in the house.

A lot of this evidence that supposed points to the family comes as a result of the supposed fake kidnapping, and much of it could have been eliminated by simply not faking a kidnapping.

AK

I don't think they had too many options. Even if they had staged it as an accidental death questions would arise during the autopsy when the skull fracture was discovered. If I'm remembering correctly, that kind of fracture could not come from say, slipping a falling into something. There had to be A LOT of force to make a fracture like that. :twocents:

BBM Interesting you'd mention this book, the same one found in the R's master bedroom. The same author, and profiler, later hired by the RST.

It has never been established as fact that “Mindhunter” was indeed found in the Ramsey’s home. According to Thomas (see his depo) the story about the book being found originated with Wickman; however, it is not seen in any evidence list, or photographs, etc.

The thing about “Mindhunter,” well, one of many things, is that for the Ramseys it would have been a What NOT To Do Manual.

AK

I don't think they had too many options. Even if they had staged it as an accidental death questions would arise during the autopsy when the skull fracture was discovered. If I'm remembering correctly, that kind of fracture could not come from say, slipping a falling into something. There had to be A LOT of force to make a fracture like that. :twocents:

The Ramseys would have had no way of knowing what an autopsy might reveal.

If this all started with the head blow, than all they had to do was put the kid in the car and drive to the hospital (after she was dead, of course), or call an ambulance – not the police – and say they found her laying wherever, she must have fallen down the stairs or whatever; lie, lie, lie, lawyer up, refuse to cooperate and get outta Dodge. Surely this would be better than creating a crime scene, inviting the police over to it and providing them with self-incriminating evidence, etc and so on?

AK

If this all started with the head blow, than all they had to do was put the kid in the car and drive to the hospital (after she was dead, of course), or call an ambulance – not the police – and say they found her laying wherever, she must have fallen down the stairs or whatever; lie, lie, lie, lawyer up, refuse to cooperate and get outta Dodge. Surely this would be better than creating a crime scene, inviting the police over to it and providing them with self-incriminating evidence, etc and so on?

AK

If they were responsible for the head blow, would they knowingly take their precious daughter, that they just killed, to the hospital?
They didn't have to create a crime scene, a crime happened. IMO they staged over an already exsisting crime scene. And I believe they did do exactly what you said, lie, lie, lie, lawyer up, refuse to cooperate and get the heck out of dodge. Why?
I'm certainly not arguing that the way they chose to go about things was absolutely ridiculous and that there weren't better options. :twocents:

I’m a little confused about how or why you think a sudden change of plans would be a problem, and I’m not sure what you mean by “last minute.” I mean, the kids dead since the middle of the night. In the morning, regardless of how they decide to deal with it – fake kidnapping, fake accident, etc – they simply call whoever needs to be called – before or after body discovery. In other words they just do whatever it is that they really did do. What is suspicious about that?

Disposal was not impossible; disposal was risky. They may have decided to forego the risk. That’s fine, but once you decide to forego the risk than you no longer have reporting a kidnapping as a viable option. You now have to explain the body in the house. A kidnapping does not do that.

If they planned to dispose of the body, in a suitcase or whatever than there is no reason for the body to be in the basement. It should be in the car and ready to go. Why take it to the basement first?

If the Ramseys used the notepad, but didn’t dispose of it, used the paintbrush, breaking it and putting part of it in the tray, etc then they committed several unnecessary self-incriminating acts. However, these are acts that an intruder could commit without fear of incrimination.

As far as I know the victim being changed into fresh panties, etc is primarily forum conjecture. The panties she had on were large, but not clean or fresh; they had urine and blood on them and so she was obviously wearing them before as well as after death.

Nice to see another fan of Twin Peaks. :)

AK

BBM.

Very interesting, AK, that you, as an IDI, should say that. You admit a staged kidnapping doesn't explain the dead body in the house; yet at the same time you believe that an intruder came in, staged a kidnapping and left a dead body in the house.

Are you saying that your own theory doesn't make any sense?

It makes no sense for JR/PR to leave a RN and a dead body in the house. It makes LESS than no sense for a real kidnapper, if that's even possible.

The R's were in a bad, bad situation (of their own making). Dying/dead daughter in the basement of their own house. They KNOW they're going to be the first, strongest suspects. Their only chance is to TRY to make it look like an intruder did it. Did the War & Peace of RNs accomplish that? Well I guess it does for some people, but not for me.

It does explain to a certain extent why there's a dead body in the house though. The answer to that is parents desperately trying to CYA. I believe they thought that the RN proved someone else was there, and let LE worry about why the intruder killed her and left her there instead of taking her alive and collecting his ransom.

Hey look over here <---- while we split town real quick over here ---->. I have to wonder just what JR's plan was for AFTER they flew to Atlanta. Was that the final destination? On the afternoon of the 26th I don't believe it was. Later, after he'd had plenty of "legal counsel", he saw his idea would have only made it worse. What would have happened if they had been allowed to leave Boulder that day? Makes one wonder... Would the next headlines have read, "Nation wide man hunt for the parents, and possible suspects of murder victim JonBenet Ramsey."?

It always surprises me that people forget the MOST OBVIOUS reason "kidnappers/intruders" had to be brought in by the Ramseys:

Prior sexual assault.

For the sake of argument, consider the following as possible:

They knew JonBenet had been molested. Signs of a child being molested are often presented to the caregivers: from a child's overtly sexual behavior, blood in her panties, etc.; Patsy even told a close friend (Pam Archuleta) she was upset because JonBenet was "flirting" and "too friendly". If the sexual abuser were one of the adults in the home that night, that opens up other possibilities, as well.

Patsy's 3 calls after hours to Dr. Beuf on Dec. 17th have never been explained by either him or the Ramseys. Patsy told LE she didn't remember.

The Ramseys knew this serious sexual abuse would be found by medical staff if they took the child to the hospital--it was 1996 and both Ramseys were intelligent, well-educated adults in America, so that's a no-brainer.

And how were they going to deal with that, since they also knew she wasn't going to get up and walk away from this head bludgeoning?

There is no question the child had healing vaginal injuries found at autopsy, with evidence of long-term sexual abuse. No medical expert disputes this--NONE. The only equivocating ever done by any medical expert was what caused those injuries. IDI are compelled to come up with various scenarios to explain it away as innocent and not sexual assault, but that requires believing some intruder coincidentally decided to jab the child's vagina with a paintbrush for some other odd reason, after attacking her viciously for no reason anyone can explain EXCEPT SEXUAL ASSAULT.

So, to continue with the argument:

The sexual abuse of a six year old is statistically much more likely to be committed by close relations who have access to the child.

Incest is the biggest taboo in our society, and Patsy, being from West Virginia, would be very likely to know this herself.

As a prominent, proud family, with a lot to lose socially and professionally, having the brutal physical abuse of a head blow that put her into immediate unconsciousness might be easy enough to lie about; but having it discovered that their little beauty queen was being sexually assaulted by one of her own family, as well, would be great motivation to attempt a cover up and then use all their powers and money to dig their way out once they got themselves out of Dodge--so to speak.

I don't believe they were all alone in their decisions that night, either. There is that "lost cell phone" story provided by Patsy to LE in 1998--as perfect a performance of obvious lies as I've ever seen. Since Hunter buried the subpoena to get those phone records, and to our knowledge they've never been subpoenaed, we only have that mysteriously lost cell phone with the blank record for the month of Dec., 1996; the Ramseys "turned over" that one month's record to LE a year later--but only that month's record, with no follow-up by LE other than Thomas going to the cell phone co. to obtain it and asking an employee if there were active calls on the records in the months before--yes, there were. How about after that month? Did the Ramseys cancel the "lost" cell phone after it was "lost"? I've never even heard or read of LE asking. Ha.

This is my personal "harp" in this case: with a few simple subpoenas, every single one of those questions could have been answered. If the phone was lost, if it was canceled as "lost" by the Ramseys before the murder, if there were no phone calls on it after the murder, etc., how easy to move on. Instead we have more Team Ramsey ridiculous "coincidences" to excuse the unimaginable obstruction of evidence collection in a child murder case, by the parents of the victim, by the DAs who should have been demanding that evidence, not blocking detectives from getting it.

I cannot imagine how anyone can look at the autopsy evidence of prior sexual assault/molestation, the blatant obstruction of the investigation and evidence collection by the parents and Team Ramsey--which included 2 DAs, sadly, and not at least recognize that the Ramseys look guilty because they did every single thing they could to make themselves appear guilty--and because the evidence still leads only to them, the only people inside their home that night.

Well, these are just my thoughts on evidence that is critical in explaining what the parents were thinking and what motivated them to do what they did that night: an intruder was the sexual assaulter, not them, the good Christian, American Dream family.

But the paintbrush used on the child was used to cover up that prior molestation, not as an instrument of molestation. It was in the paint tray in the basement where the child was laid on the floor and then strangled to death with the ligature tied to the broken paint brush shaft.

This is KEY. What was done to the child by that paint tray, with that paint brush, was done to HER, not to hurt her parents. No "sadistic pedophile" used a stun gun on her because she'd have screamed bloody murder and her family would have been awakened.

Do some online googling and you'll see what happens when a stun gun is used on people. I can't imagine a sadistic pedophile so clever as to leave only degraded particles of DNA in a house in which he'd spent hours roaming around, murdering a child, writing a ransom note, etc., wouldn't have known his stun gun was loud and would produce screams, not unconsciousness.

And no, he didn't put duct tape over her mouth to keep her quiet: she had saliva dribbling out of her mouth down the side of her face after she was unconscious, so the duct tape wasn't on her mouth before the attack.

As for the strange, moving lights in the dark kitchen: if the initial attack of the head-blow happened upstairs, that would explain why a flashlight was used to move around the first floor and into the basement. The house had windows which could be seen through by the neighbors, so lights which were usually turned on around the home weren't on late that night, one near neighbor noticed. Instead, the Maglite was used, which JAR had given to JR and which was a common brand used by the private plane owners of that time because of its reliability and durability.

Remember the basement was dark, too.

So there is evidence that the attack originated in JonBenet's bedroom: her blood was found on her pillowcase, according to the questions asked of Patsy by Haney in 1998. (Did she have nosebleeds? When were the sheets/pillowcases last changed? Etc.) The obvious activity around the area of her bedroom is chaotic: drawers left open in her and JAR's rooms; diapers hanging out of the cabinet in the wash area outside them; a kitchen paring knife left on the washing machine; Burke's soiled pajama bottoms left in the floor of JB's bedroom; the bed pillow on the bottom of the bed, her pj top lying askew at the top; the curtain pulled over the headboard; etc.

Then she had to be moved the basement for the strangulation, which was a horrifying way to attempt to cover up what had already happened to the poor child--ongoing sexual abuse, incest, bludgeoning. It was all just a family spun out of control to a level I don't believe they ever expected.

Personally I don't believe Burke could have carried JonBenet's limp body downstairs himself, and certainly not while holding a large, heavy Maglite. So...yes, in this theory, at least one other adult had to be involved, to carry out the remaining atrocities on the child, if not the initial attack.

Add in the ransom note, and this convoluted crime was a lot for one person to do alone, and impossible for Burke alone, IMO. Whatever their intent, whatever kinds of personal demons were at work that night in that family, I believe they acted as a family.

And that's as best as I can put all the known evidence together to determine the elements of this awful crime.

Sorry this is so long. Just so much to explain....

It wouldn't. Autopsy would show that the blow was not accidental and Ramseys could easily suspect it. Autopsy would also show that JonBenet was sexually abused (and that they knew, IMO). How would Ramseys explain all of that if there was no intruder in the story? They knew that, that's why they decided to play the fake kidapping card.

AK

Because that would be a form of acknowledgement, and if the objective was to completely distance oneself at all costs, then the latter scenario makes more sense IMO.

It always surprises me that people forget the MOST OBVIOUS reason "kidnappers/intruders" had to be brought in by the Ramseys:

Prior sexual assault.

{snip}As for the strange, moving lights in the dark kitchen: if the initial attack of the head-blow happened upstairs, that would explain why a flashlight was used to move around the first floor and into the basement. The house had windows which could be seen through by the neighbors, so lights which were usually turned on around the home weren't on late that night, one near neighbor noticed. Instead, the Maglite was used, which JAR had given to JR and which was a common brand used by the private plane owners of that time because of its reliability and durability.

Remember the basement was dark, too.

So there is evidence that the attack originated in JonBenet's bedroom: her blood was found on her pillowcase, according to the questions asked of Patsy by Haney in 1998. (Did she have nosebleeds? When were the sheets/pillowcases last changed? Etc.) The obvious activity around the area of her bedroom is chaotic: drawers left open in her and JAR's rooms; diapers hanging out of the cabinet in the wash area outside them; a kitchen paring knife left on the washing machine; Burke's soiled pajama bottoms left in the floor of JB's bedroom; the bed pillow on the bottom of the bed, her pj top lying askew at the top; the curtain pulled over the headboard; etc.

Then she had to be moved the basement for the strangulation, which was a horrifying way to attempt to cover up what had already happened to the poor child--ongoing sexual abuse, incest, bludgeoning. It was all just a family spun out of control to a level I don't believe they ever expected.

Personally I don't believe Burke could have carried JonBenet's limp body downstairs himself, and certainly not while holding a large, heavy Maglite. So...yes, in this theory, at least one other adult had to be involved, to carry out the remaining atrocities on the child, if not the initial attack.

{snip}....

Though of course IDK, it seems from the condition of JB’s bedroom that there was something violent which occurred in her bedroom that night. Simply too much chaos, even for PR and her messy housekeeping. This is where Kolar believes the hook is, that one of the adult R’s carried her downstairs, to the area outside the WC, and it wasn’t a child who carried her. Technically, moving a child to the basement in order to stage the crime (without the child’s consent, since she was unconscious) is kidnapping – and there is no statute of limitations on that. Also, though the BPD did rule a homicide, the kidnapping came before the strangulation, so wondered if the FBI could still take over the case? Sadly probably not, but if the FBI could it would get it out of the whole fog of the Boulder influences. JMHO

Isn't this what they did anyways?

jmo

Yes, and that’s the point: they could have lied, lied, lied, lawyered up, refused to cooperate and got outta Dodge without 1) creating a crime scene, and, 2) creating unnecessary self-incriminating evidence.

AK

BBM.

Very interesting, AK, that you, as an IDI, should say that. You admit a staged kidnapping doesn't explain the dead body in the house; yet at the same time you believe that an intruder came in, staged a kidnapping and left a dead body in the house.

Are you saying that your own theory doesn't make any sense?

I’m saying that it makes no sense to fake a kidnapping if the motive is to explain the body in the house because a kidnapping does not explain, and worse, is made contradictory by the body in the house.

In RDI, the parents would have been trying to explain a dead body in the house; in IDI an intruder would not have been trying to explain anything. So, we can say that it makes no sense in RDI, but it COULD make sense in IDI. For examples see here: http://tinyurl.com/kv973we
AK

It makes no sense for JR/PR to leave a RN and a dead body in the house. It makes LESS than no sense for a real kidnapper, if that's even possible.

The R's were in a bad, bad situation (of their own making). Dying/dead daughter in the basement of their own house. They KNOW they're going to be the first, strongest suspects. Their only chance is to TRY to make it look like an intruder did it. Did the War & Peace of RNs accomplish that? Well I guess it does for some people, but not for me.

It does explain to a certain extent why there's a dead body in the house though. The answer to that is parents desperately trying to CYA. I believe they thought that the RN proved someone else was there, and let LE worry about why the intruder killed her and left her there instead of taking her alive and collecting his ransom.

Hey look over here <---- while we split town real quick over here ---->. I have to wonder just what JR's plan was for AFTER they flew to Atlanta. Was that the final destination? On the afternoon of the 26th I don't believe it was. Later, after he'd had plenty of "legal counsel", he saw his idea would have only made it worse. What would have happened if they had been allowed to leave Boulder that day? Makes one wonder... Would the next headlines have read, "Nation wide man hunt for the parents, and possible suspects of murder victim JonBenet Ramsey."?
Whether it not it makes sense for an intruder depends on the intruder’s motivation; doesn’t it?

AK

If the Ramseys wanted this to look like a sex crime than they should have made it look like a sex crime; they didn’t. The sexual aspect of this crime was essentially covered up: wiped, redressed, covered, etc. Instead, they (supposedly) made it look like a kidnapping where no one was kidnapped.

On prior abuse: Although I am not convinced one way or the other I most often choose to accept prior abuse as being true for the sake of discussion. However, I have never seen any evidence that connects prior abuse to the crime. I have never seen any evidence that shows who was responsible for such abuse or that shows who might have been aware of the abuse.

If the Ramseys were aware of prior abuse why would they think that an autopsy would reveal it? They’d been more or less sneaking it by Beuf; Meyer himself had to consult with experts because it wasn’t an obvious conclusion. If it wasn’t obvious to Meyer, to Beuf, than why would it be obvious to the Ramseys? Why would they think an autopsy would reveal it?

If the Ramseys tried to hide prior than they failed; right? I mean, the prior abuse has supposedly been revealed so that means that they failed at hiding it. How have they responded to that failure? Denial. Because this – how they’ve responded – is how they could have dealt with explaining prior abuse to begin with instead of actually, physically, sexually assaulting her. Deny it. Cover it up with lies, lies, lies; lawyer up, refuse to cooperate and get outta Dodge.

AK

It wouldn't. Autopsy would show that the blow was not accidental and Ramseys could easily suspect it. Autopsy would also show that JonBenet was sexually abused (and that they knew, IMO). How would Ramseys explain all of that if there was no intruder in the story? They knew that, that's why they decided to play the fake kidapping card.
There were no visible signs of damage, and the Ramseys would have no way of knowing that whatever damage did show up could not be interpreted as the result of an accident.

AK

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz
Back