I support the Intruder theory, HOWEVER a question

Yeah, Toltec, and remember he and Patsy avowed to never read the autopsy (although I think they later gave indication they had at some point read some or all, dunno) but yet he wanted to understand? Geez, it might have been tough to read, but there might also have been one/some clue/clues in that report that only John or Patsy would recognize and help them 'understand'.

Toltec said:
I remember John Douglas talking about the murderer's post-behavior. He talks about the murderer finding religion...then he goes on to say that Patsy walks in wearing a large cross around her neck...TEE HEE!
Yes and he goes on to say he checked back in prior photographs and found her wearing of the cross to be congruent with her pre-crime behavior.

If you are going to present information you should do it honestly and tell the whole story.

Of course John Douglas wrote a profile that made the Rammers happy, he was being PAID by them for god sakes.
John Douglas may be many things, but he's not stupid enough to bite the hand that feeds him.

Toltec, would source these quotes, please: John wants to know why JonBenet died so that they could "understand why it happened" and get on with their lives.

I believe you're referencing the New Year's interview with CNN and if so, you have it wrong.

LovelyPigeon said:
Toltec, would source these quotes, please: John wants to know why JonBenet died so that they could "understand why it happened" and get on with their lives.

I believe you're referencing the New Year's interview with CNN and if so, you have it wrong.

RAMSEY, J: But the other -- the other reason is that -- for our grief to resolve itself we now have to find out why this happened.

CABELL: There has been some question as to why you hired a defense attorney.

RAMSEY, J: I know. Well, we were fortunate from almost the moment that we found the note to be surrounded by friends, our minister, our family doctor, a personal friend of mine who is also an attorney, and we relied on their guidance almost from that moment on and my friend suggested that it would be foolish not to have knowledgeable counsel to help both us and with the investigation.

RAMSEY, P: And if anyone knows anything, please, please help us. For the safety of all of the children, we have to find out who did this.

RAMSEY, J: Not because we're angry, but because we have got to go on.

RAMSEY, P: We can't -- we can't --

RAMSEY, J: This -- we cannot go on until we know why. There's no answer as to why our daughter died.

http://www.cnn.com/US/9701/06/slain.girl/9701.01.ep.html

Britt said:
RAMSEY, J: But the other -- the other reason is that -- for our grief to resolve itself we now have to find out why this happened.

CABELL: There has been some question as to why you hired a defense attorney.

RAMSEY, J: I know. Well, we were fortunate from almost the moment that we found the note to be surrounded by friends, our minister, our family doctor, a personal friend of mine who is also an attorney, and we relied on their guidance almost from that moment on and my friend suggested that it would be foolish not to have knowledgeable counsel to help both us and with the investigation.

RAMSEY, P: And if anyone knows anything, please, please help us. For the safety of all of the children, we have to find out who did this.

RAMSEY, J: Not because we're angry, but because we have got to go on.

RAMSEY, P: We can't -- we can't --

RAMSEY, J: This -- we cannot go on until we know why. There's no answer as to why our daughter died.

Is this all about them? They aren't angry, They can't go on until they know why? Why the heck aren't they still afraid, furious, angry, and still wanting to grieve?

Thank you, Britt. As you can see what Toltec claimed was not what was said in that interview.

You did leave off the end of the interview, though, where so many people seem to think that the Ramseys said they just wanted to *get on with their lives*--which isn't what they said at all.
WATERS: Did you try hard to get them to sit down and talk? Most folks, in this kind of situation, I would think, would be very reluctant to sit in front of a television camera.
CABELL: They said that they had to get over this five of six days of grieving and burying their daughter, now they want to get on with this new stage of their life, and that is: finding the killer. They wanted to get this off their chest, they want to get this in motion.

By Lovelypigeon
Thank you, Britt. As you can see what Toltec claimed was not what was said in that interview.

You are joking? Toltec represented what was said fairly accurately. She didn't say it was an exact quote and it is obvious that she paraphrased it well.

No, I'm not kidding. Read the transcript and see what John & Patsy actually said and the intention with which it was said.

The Ramseys weren't being callous and uncaring and just wanting to get over their child's death and get on with their lives, but that is exactly what so many posters want to believe the Ramseys indicated in that interview. And nothing could be further from the truth.

LovelyPigeon said:
No, I'm not kidding. Read the transcript and see what John & Patsy actually said and the intention with which it was said.

The Ramseys weren't being callous and uncaring and just wanting to get over their child's death and get on with their lives, but that is exactly what so many posters want to believe the Ramseys indicated in that interview. And nothing could be further from the truth.

I have read the transcript, and I have read what Toltec posted and the two are not at odds.

Neither you nor I nor anyone other than the Ramseys themselves have any idea what their intentions were when they spoke these words.

There intentions appear clear to me, and to Brian Cabel who summarized and had the last word.

The fact is the Ramseys did not say they only wanted to get on with the lives, nor did they say anything to give that impression in that interview.

Of course the Rs wanted to get on with their lives! Where else would Burke have picked up the phrase about wanting to get on with his life that he gave in his interview a couple of weeks after JonBenet's death? With the R family, including JAR, it was all about getting on with their lives. No anger in any of them...just forgiveness for the killer.

LovelyPigeon said:
There intentions appear clear to me, and to Brian Cabel who summarized and had the last word.

The fact is the Ramseys did not say they only wanted to get on with the lives, nor did they say anything to give that impression in that interview.

Semantics again. What did they say?

They said they had to "go on", but they couldn't "go on" till they knew why this happened. "Go on" - what else would they have to "go on" with? Please tell me what noun fits there that would make more sense than 'life'.

Brian Cabel suggests that they have to go on with the new stage in their lives which is finding the killer - but lets think LOGICALLY about this. They wouold have to find the killer BEFORE they would be able to understand why it happened. The Ramseys said they had to understand WHY it happaned before they could go on. Wrong order. Your interpretation is wrong IMO.

"Get over this five or six days of grieving..."

5 or 6 days?! No one would get over grieving in less than a week. Find the killer?! They never put any time, energy, effort or money into that.

Again, it seems obvious to me. They felt they had to go on with the process of finding who killed their daughter, and why she was killed. As much as you might feel like just giving up, just dying yourself, just being frozen in grief when someone you love dearly dies, you can't do that--you have to go on and do what must be done.

There are steps in the process of grieving, and one of those steps is anger, but I don't think anger is where they had progressed on the day of that interview.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin
Back