I went by Calder Field today and took a few pics

LaurieKay1

"This is the strangest life I've ever known." JM
Reaction score
So I got interested in these cases again because of something someone said to me recently. Since I live in Galveston now I decided to do some sightseeing. I went to Calder Field and let me tell you it feels very eerie there indeed. I mean even to this day that whole area around Calder Field has been pretty much untouched yet there are housing developments on either side and a church right next door (I think that church has been there for a while though) but what would be the reason that whole area around that field is just left as is I wonder... I drove down the gravel road behind it and it is just easy to see how that area was chosen as a dumping site for bodies. It is hard to describe the feeling standing there except to say eerie. I wanted to go to where the memorial sites of the 4 girls were but it didn't seem like anyone could walk in that far not sure but I would like to know if it's possible to go up to them and pay my respects. There was a private property sign around that area. I also drove by where the old Doug's Surf Shop used to be as it is right down the street from where I live and just a slab now but wanted to see it. Coincidentally enough I learned that Doug lives right across the street from me with his wife... kinda crazy lol

Attachments

• calder1.jpg
    calder1.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 27
  • calder2.jpg
    calder2.jpg
    363.7 KB · Views: 30
  • calder3.jpg
    calder3.jpg
    276.5 KB · Views: 26

Members online

Online statistics