IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I hate the idea, trafficking sounds most likely. Most sexual predators have a certain type/age they're attracted to and these girls were at very different stages of development from the pictures I've seen. With Waterloo and Cedar Rapids so close by, why grab 2 girls and go through the extra hassle if you're only interested in one of them? I'm sure there are many unsupervised girls of whichever age is preferred who are alone in one of those areas.

Well for whatever reason I'm back to wondering about people who are homeless and camping and fishing (not necessarily *THE CL* Camping Creeple though, just **advertiser censored* Camping Creeple) and maybe drinking and drugging and perhaps semi-transient in the area.

But that would mean they (the girls) would be just carelessly left somewhere, if my whole current vibe of the situation is right.. and it wouldn't be too far away.

But there is a cornfield, and an unexplored (Hanson) lake, both within walking distance.. *sigh* they bother me endlessly.

I have actually thought of Satanism....The West Memphis Three. I watch a show on A & E called Cajun Justice filmed in Terrebone Parish, Louisiana and they practice a lot of voodoo in them parts down there, but in truth probably everywhere. I just have to agree with BelieveinUFO.... based on where the bikes were found whoever took the girls was familiar with the area.

I keep thinking of The West Memphis Three too but not because of potential satanic motives. The 3 boys were likely murdered by a person or 2 people who had been abusing them sexually & physically before the murders - not by the 3 teens who were convicted & accused of worshipping satan.

The reason I am reminded of that case is because the boys' bikes were found in a different location than the bodies & it is thought that the abduction & murders also took place in a different area. Basically, the perp abducted them, took them somewhere else, murdered them, then put the bikes in one area & the bodies in another. They didn't necessarily "stage the bikes" but the bikes were not in the same place as the abduction.

Makes me wonder if one of these girls was being abused prior to the abduction...

Still, until I hear otherwise I'm holding on to the hope that the girls are alive.

I wonder if that interstate has signs saying "meyers lake", boat ramp, fishing, campground, etc.??
IIRC from passing through, the signs for that exit only say River Forest Road. And I believe one of our locals has confirmed.

The choice of victim from this location may have nothing to do with age, the perp could have just been trolling in an area he knew would supply a victim sooner or later. I wonder had an adult woman jogger come along first would she have become the victim.

If this crime fits the pattern, you would be correct. Pg 82, paragraph 4 states that seldom does the killer select a victim based on any type of physical characteristic. The primary motive is sexual assault and the victims are victims of opportunity.

I think whoever took the girls was looking for girls, not a woman IMO. Pedophiles tend to have specific requirements - a certain age range, size, look, etc. I don't know if just any female (i.e., adult woman) would have fed the abductor's perverted needs. JMO and based on no empirical data, just based on things I have read over the years about pedophiles.

SBM

It is true that pedophiles have a certain age profile in mind but serial killers have been known to attack a much wider age range.

BTK, Dennis Rader, is an example. His victims ranged in age from 9 years old to 62 years old.

In the case of the 9 year old, Joseph Otero, Jr, it appears his 11 year old sister, Josephine, was probably Rader's primary target in that he assaulted her sexually without doing so to any of the other victims in the house.

In the case of the 62 year old, Dolores Davis, she was the only victim and so clearly his primary target.

So I think it is too soon to rule out anyone who has targeted adults in the past.

Well for whatever reason I'm back to wondering about people who are homeless and camping and fishing (not necessarily *THE CL* Camping Creeple though, just **advertiser censored* Camping Creeple) and maybe drinking and drugging and perhaps semi-transient in the area.

But that would mean they (the girls) would be just carelessly left somewhere, if my whole current vibe of the situation is right.. and it wouldn't be too far away.

But there is a cornfield, and an unexplored (Hanson) lake, both within walking distance.. *sigh* they bother me endlessly.

That would be my vibe...From what I can tell that entire area has not been searched shoulder to shoulder, because it is very dense.

As much as I hate the idea, trafficking sounds most likely. Most sexual predators have a certain type/age they're attracted to and these girls were at very different stages of development from the pictures I've seen. With Waterloo and Cedar Rapids so close by, why grab 2 girls and go through the extra hassle if you're only interested in one of them? I'm sure there are many unsupervised girls of whichever age is preferred who are alone in one of those areas.

And then there is Joseph Duncan, III, who kidnapped the Groene children and may have had a preference, but it didn't seem to be apparent when he was choosing a child to abduct and murder. It is possible that the sexual motivation and an opportunity to act on it is what matters most in these crimes.

And then there is Joseph Duncan, III, who kidnapped the Groene children and may have had a preference, but it didn't seem to be apparent when he was choosing a child to abduct and murder. It is possible that the sexual motivation and an opportunity to act on it is what matters most in these crimes.

That's really a different thing. Weren't those kids taken from their home after the rest of the family was murdered? Just grabbing 2 kids off the street in broad daylight is something else. MOO

I am hopeful the girls are still alive.

If their bodies were in the forested area, birds would be flying around overhead, unless there has been a burial, which I think is unlikely.

Just MOO

Working on a new thread, will be closing this one in a few...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA