IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of people in IA take friday or 1/2 of friday as a vacation day on a good weather weekend, the rest of the year can be really crappy! There is a lot of campers and boaters that like to get to those places on friday so they get a good spot, they fill up fast! I saw that all the time when I lived there. So they may be a weekend camper or boater.

Or the person did not work, worked a night shift or owned a business where they determine their own hours.

Or they work in a business that cannot work when it rains, eg: landscaping, roofing etc...it rained a bit that morning.

Or have the summer off, teacher, school guard, bus driver etc...

that is quite a big group of suspects since it occurred in the summer that it possibly could be...

People employed with the city parks dept here work 10 hour days for 4 days and take Fridays off. The fact that this happened on a Friday may be significant in the sense that this could have been done by someone that works full time but had extra time that day.

I know it may not matter at all, but I do actually remember the color of boats I see on the water, and IMO green would stand out. Paddleboats not so much but I don't see them that often. :) Rafts I kind of make a mental note of "is it a rental or owned?" "if rented, which company?" And for ski boats I notice the make, model, and color scheme. I guess it's subconscious in case I ever need to report that info to anyone. (not the media as you can tell from my last post lol)

I think a paddle/pedal/whatever boat that was anything but yellow or orange would draw attention but I don't have much experience on small private lakes with those boats. I've only seen rentals as far as I know so "owned" paddle / peddle / etc. boats might be different.

All of that said.. yeah, I'm sure a dunk in the water is all it would take for a boat to look like it'd been used recently. :(

There is a picture of a bright yellow paddleboat in one of Otto's pics a few pages back.

bumping this up.. and this warning lands at random: several more posts that involved sleuthing the family have been removed just from today alone. From this point forth if you sleuth the family or post speculation about them you will be put on the timeout list. The rules are easy to follow. If you have any questions about them please pm a moderator. Again, this lands at random.
The entire warning and set of rules is in post 2 of this thread and also every few pages or so because people keep disregarding the rules. This includes the witnesses folks. I am closing this thread for a bit. When it is reopened we will start a new thread

Please take the mod imposed break to review the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona