IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those that have 10year old girls, does the older girl appear to look much older and grown up than 10years or is that not the case?

Could that be a factor if they were in fact taken? They both are such pretty and cute girls.

My niece is 10 and she doesn't look older in my opinion. She lives in a small town about the size of Evansdale. My friend's daughter just turned 11 and she doesn't look or act older either. Although my friend's 11 year old is very thin and not mature looking yet. I'm not sure about Lyric since she's described as being 145 lbs. She may look much older than 10.

Those that have 10year old girls, does the older girl appear to look much older and grown up than 10years or is that not the case?

Could that be a factor if they were in fact taken? They both are such pretty and cute girls.

My 10 year old girl is grown and gone now, lol...but, yes, IMO there is a kind of...maturity, is the only word I can think of, about this child.I noticed it as soon as I saw her...

And,no, I do not mean the photo of Ms. Gomez...lol JMO

New to Nancy..Mr Carpenter, saw girls between 12-3, saw girls ride by. About 2 blocks from lake.

grandma called misty at 2 pm at her work a few blocks away....misty went right to grandma and then heather pulled up and then heather went to the police station to report girls missing. this is what misty is saying today.
Yesterday it was stated that they went searching for the girls and the police were called an hour later.

She looks to be about 10-13 in the picture. Maybe 13 because of the double piercings and hoop earings at quick glance. I am not certain if she was pre-pubescent or what not, girls develop at very different times. The thing is about any girl that age is the minute they open their mouths and start talking, you know they are kids. LOL.

Yesterday it was stated that they went searching for the girls and the police were called an hour later.

The police weren't called though. There is no 911 call on this. Heather went to the station to report it.

MOO

The previous incident took place in Greenbriar with Lyric and Tammy's daughter K. Where is that in relation to Evansdale? :waitasec:

Is quite a ways. It's in Waterloo. No where they would ride to one from another but greenbrier also has a park.... If they may have met up with someone. Hopefully they would have that info by this point though if she was with a different cousin.

question for a local:

How difficult would it be for someone to carry these bikes to that location without being observed?

I think it would be tricky but it might not look out of the ordinary. It would look like the kids got tired of riding and a parent was pushing their bikes for them. There's usually someone out there but it's not something that couldn't happen if they were watching for people and trying to be sneaky.

grandma just said she drove around town looking for the girls. I guess that was before she called misty. she also said the girls had never gone very far and were never gone very long.

Rationalization and denial? They didn't know where their child was and they had to call the police. Tonight the story is that the girls were just playing in the park longer than was planned. :no: I am beginning to understand why the one mom was interview by LE for 11 hours.

It seems these kids spend time at various family members’ houses and in different towns. That is pretty common in many places when all the parents work; some have shift work and what not. If the mom is confused about some details, it could be that vague information was passed on to her from whoever was watching the kids at the time. Unfortunately, we live in a world where most parents do not have the luxury of one person staying home or working 9-5 or paying for a nanny or babysitter. Throw into the mix the mother is in shock because her child is missing and most likely sleep deprived and I am sure some of the statements are confusing. IMOO

My 10 year old girl is grown and gone now, lol...but, yes, IMO there is a kind of...maturity, is the only word I can think of, about this child.I noticed it as soon as I saw her...

And,no, I do not mean the photo of Ms. Gomez...lol JMO

Her earrings look like something an older girl/ teen would wear. That is what I think made her look older to me. My daughter is 10 and she is barely allowed to wear anything that dangles a little below her ear.

JMO

grandma just said she drove around town looking for the girls. I guess that was before she called misty. she also said the girls had never gone very far and were never gone very long.
Granny appears to be severely mistaken if you consider the statement of the man near the lake who saw them frequently over a mile from where Granny was supposed to be babysitting them.

Who did? Where is this information coming from?

re: the dating site I haven't seen anything in MSM but it was discussed here: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, and Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #1 (with a few more informative posts after it: http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178723&page=24).

From what I read here it was pretty obvious on Lyric's FB page/timeline. It also sounded like the Zoosk profile was more her Mom than her. Although I wouldn't be totally surprised that a 10 year old might be curious enough to check it out.

FWIW, I wanted to toss in my :twocents: for he evening.

I agree with a lot of what's been said about the family. We can't seem to pin down the timeline when Grandma last saw the girls. We don't have a clear & concise description of what the girls were wearing on Friday. How late was Lyric out when the police were called to help find her before? If my kid had done that they would have lost priveleges, bikes, etc, etc.

I get that these parents didn't deal with their children the way you or I might do. Maybe they should have paid closer attention to the clocks and the clothing they wore. It doesn't make them bad parents or bad people. I feel sure they love these girls and want them home. Maybe we'll find out someone known to the girls is responsible for them missing but for now, we don't know. I'm frustrated, angry and heartsick over this whole situation. And frankly, I'm glad my children are adults now or I'm not sure I could let them out of my sight after all I've seen & read the last few years.

I will never forget Jonathan Foster, the little boy who went missing on Christmas Eve. The parents seemed sketchy. It was easy to assume the stepfather was somehow responsible. In the end, it was Mona Nelson, a woman who Jonathan barely knew, who was responsible for his horrific death.

I have no idea what has happened to these girls. I just hope we can keep our focus on finding them rather than finding fault with the family.

I mean no offense to anyone. I'm sorry if I went off-topic.

Praying for Elizabeth & Lyric. I'm keeping my porch light on until they get home.

JMO

Thank you. I agree.

grandma....girls left at 11:30......and knew they had to go with grandma at 1:30.

Granny appears to be severely mistaken if you consider the statement of the man near the lake who saw them frequently over a mile from where Granny was supposed to be babysitting them.

Seems to be more than the usual number of mistakes being verbalized by most of those concerned.

I don't mean for that to sound like my way is right, just that I thought the earrings made her look older then my 10 year d.

How much water has been drained from the lake at this time? 1/3 of it? 1/2 of it? TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaleyilene01