IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's possible that the body found farther in is Elizabeth who was smaller, the perp may have found that moving Elizabeth was harder than expected and so he left her closer to the turnaround. That's my theory anyhow.

Excellent theory...makes total sense.

So we're looking for a lazy *advertiser censored* killer who just isn't very bright.

I think they were walked in seperately (perhaps voluntarily), by two perps, with a gun each.

:sick:

I just can't get the thought out of my head that one of these perps is a woman. I have no basis whatsoever other than I really think these girls were what I would call "street smart". And either they really were taken forcefully OR they knew the person. I just feel a woman would appear less threatening and more likely be able to convince 2 girls to go with her.

I really don't even know what to hope for anymore as an outcome...I just hope that whomever did this is found...and IF there were accomplices that they just spill their guts on each other :jail::furious:

I can't believe it. Well, sadly, I can believe it. I don't want to believe it. I hope they find the person responsible, and fast.

As for what they are looking for, I would say everything. The area is a secondary, if not primary, crime scene, and regardless of how long it's been since the girls were left there, it will be treated as such. Every food wrapper, cigarette butt, scrap of fabric, and anything else they might find could be a clue or contain a major hint as to the identity of the person that killed them. They would be negligent to not set a large perimeter and search everywhere for anything that can later be used to prove who did it. I'm glad they are doing it.

And now, I am going to go outside, and breathe some fresh air, and try very hard not to just repeat how un-freaking-fair this is. These girls should be looking forward to Christmas here, and the fact that they will be celebrating Christmas in Heaven is little comfort to me. I hope it comforting to their families, but it just isn't helping over here.

well, this spot was a good enough hiding spot that the girls have not been found until now when a lot of helpful information could have been lost by exposure to the elements, etc.

locals: is this a river that people canoe down? re: would people be regularly going up and down the river in the summer time?? fish? etc

I believe this is the Wapsipinicon River running through this area. I know people that tube and canoe that river but I am not sure about that exact location of the river where they do. it is a 300 mile long river running from the northern part of Iowa to the southeast until emptying into the Mississippi River.

Animals can scatter bones but not entire bodies.

From the sheet placement, I'm guessing the girls were whole.

I could be way off base, but I remember when they found Jessica Ridgeway there were red markers all over the place. Here we've just got two kid size sheets on the ground, from what we can see. :(

BBM - yes, that was my very thought the moment I heard there were two spots covered by sheets. I hope we're correct because IMHO that would mean better preservation of evidence.

Also, I'm hoping it's a crime scene rather than dump site... again, IMHO, that would mean more evidence.

well, this spot was a good enough hiding spot that the girls have not been found until now when a lot of helpful information could have been lost by exposure to the elements, etc.

locals: is this a river that people canoe down? re: would people be regularly going up and down the river in the summer time?? fish? etc

Yes, and with winter coming on very soon, they could have easily been there much longer. If they had not been found now, next spring the grass would have grown up around them and it would just get less likely that they would have ever been found.

I too am a little baffled by where their remains were found. Is this particular area only accessed during the hunting season?

I'm just wondering why they have been discovered there now? Would they have been there the whole time? Sorry if that is inappropriate to ask... I will delete if so.

I'm just lost for words :( Seeing that photo of the two white sheets has me sitting here in tears, and sick to my stomach. :(

I think this is the area. I've drawn a yellow line where I can see crime scene tape.

sevencrime_scene.jpg

BBM - yes, that was my very thought the moment I heard there were two spots covered by sheets. I hope we're correct because IMHO that would mean better preservation of evidence.

Also, I'm hoping it's a crime scene rather than dump site... again, IMHO, that would mean more evidence.

If the girls walked in, it's two crime scenes.

:cow:

The girls are the top story on HLN right now. :( Girls will be the story on JVM at 6:00 Central time.

I wonder if a vehicle of any of the child molesters located near that area could be searched.. there would be some hair/blood/dna to possibly recover for evidence?

I have never uploaded a photo, I hope this works but please disregard this message if it doesn't.

Otto, what do you think about this possibility based on your map and a recent photo from the scene? I based the text I added to your map on the loop in the road, as well as the rocky section along the shore which ends near the loop. The bodies appear to be next to a secondary stream or creek, not the actual river...all speculation, but I'd appreciate any input.

My addition is the three white arrows with text on the right of of Otto's top picture.

attachment.php

attachment.php

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28387&stc=1&d=1354822295

Thanks ... it's hard to say, but definitely along that stretch of the road.

I looked at all of the available images of the park on Google Earth and could not find any imaging done in winter (without leaves)....

I was hoping to get a better layout of the park (including ATV trails, foot paths, turn arounds, etc.).

No luck...

bing maps has fall images, but only from the south view. When zoomed in for an east or west view, it switches to summer images.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sumner