IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the bodies are laying downwards in the ditch.

Lmao.

Someone mentioned wild boar or hogs and I followed up on that thought nd before you know I became inadvertantly responsible for pages of danged pigs,

Can we all agree that pigs are now officially one big fat piggy red herring?

Heavens, lol.
but they taste so good...

OT ... on my way home this afternoon, I saw this ... swerved all over the road to snap some shots. The sunset was a fireball.

Very nice, as long as you weren't driving into it.

It just shows how desperate we all are for something concrete to talk about.

For the last few months, I would have been happy just finding something abstract to talk about.

May I steal that pic for my computer background Otto? Gorgeous. What state are you in? TIA

Lets talk about the pig wearing human skin who took these girls. I pray LE got some good evidence at the body location so we can all see this pig in the pokey and soon.

The Sherrif said if the hunters had been 5ft either way they wouldn't have found them.
I'm pretty sure the chief deputy did not say that. I believe the five feet in either direction comment came from a DNR or county park official who was interviewed later on by local news. It keeps getting attributed to different people, so it is confusing.

Pink Lights

"The arena held a moment of silence before the opening faceoff in memory of Elizabeth Collins and Lyric Cook-Morrissey at the Waterloo Black Hawks hockey game against the Indiana Ice Friday, Dec. 7, 2012, in Waterloo, Iowa. Hunters found two bodies believed to be missing cousins at Seven Bridges County Park near Readlyn, Iowa on Wednesday. "
(MATTHEW PUTNEY / Courier Photo Editor)

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...ion_12862912-cdd5-11e1-a9b3-0019bb2963f4.html

I bet that's it! Now I really do feel dumb! Of course they aren't just laid on the ground like a sheet!

EDIT: Actually, I'm not sure. The people in the photo are clearly standing upright but the white things don't have the same 3 dimensional look.

The white sheets are far to small to be forensic tents. If a man stood underneath one of them, he would look like he had a sheet on his head.

I'm pretty sure the chief deputy did not say that. I believe the five feet in either direction comment came from a DNR or county park official who was interviewed later on by local news. It keeps getting attributed to different people, so it is confusing.

"The discovery of the girls’ bodies is a long-awaited break that could help lead to a killer or killers, Black Hawk County Sheriff Tony Thompson told the Associated Press on Friday"

"Thompson said the bodies would have been hard for anyone to spot.

Even the hunters, if they had gone 5 feet in either direction, would not have found those bodies,” he told the AP."

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/ar...-case-nears-homicide-classification?Frontpage

Otto, what a beautiful photo. I am jealous of your snow, too!

I think some killers go back to the scene, but probably not most. JMO
Serial killers might, for example, as I believe Ted Bundy did. But I would think most just get the heck away from the site and make sure they are not seen anywhere near the area, especially if it is an isolated spot like this one, with not many good reasons to be there.

May I steal that pic for my computer background Otto? Gorgeous. What state are you in? TIA

Feel free ... I think it might be called a sundog ... not sure I've ever seen one before.

Did they mention NH3 in relation to the girls?

ETA: If they did, you may be interested in knowing that anhydrous ammonia (NH3) is used in making meth.

Black Hawk County Sheriff Tony Thompson
(snip)
The sheriff's office had asked neighboring counties, including Bremer County, to search their parks and wildlife areas for the girls after they vanished last summer, Thompson said. He said that as far as he knows, Bremer County officers did search the popular hunting and fishing spot but that the bodies would have been hard for anyone to spot.

"Even the hunters, if they had gone five feet in either direction, would not have found those bodies," he said.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=166720668

Did they mention NH3 in relation to the girls?

ETA: If they did, you may be interested in knowing that anhydrous ammonia (NH3) is used in making meth.

It was mentioned in relation to being added to fields.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member