IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been looking for something I recall but can't remember exactly what it was or when it was. I just have a vague memory of something and I don't even know what I am really looking for enough to come up with search keywords. I know that sounds weird, but it is like when you know you went into the room for something and you are standing there and don't remember at all why you went into the room.

I thought the WS poster's name was something like trail and/or hawk or something along those lines. Can anyone remember a WS member posting on this case with something like that in their name? If I could find the person, I could probably find the post and then remember why I was looking for it.

J Hawk?

Or is that another forum? :D

I haven't read that SS has been able to confirm any times, but he has certainly given us other information to chew on!

I have been looking for something I recall but can't remember exactly what it was or when it was. I just have a vague memory of something and I don't even know what I am really looking for enough to come up with search keywords. I know that sounds weird, but it is like when you know you went into the room for something and you are standing there and don't remember at all why you went into the room.

I thought the WS poster's name was something like trail and/or hawk or something along those lines. Can anyone remember a WS member posting on this case with something like that in their name? If I could find the person, I could probably find the post and then remember why I was looking for it.

This is what we downunder call "having a Man Look".

If you can't find something, ask a woman. :)

I thought it started with a T,,,,,like tcox or something like that. I started searching thru the T's in the Member List,,,,,,have looked at around 300 names so far,,,,,,,,,

eileenhawkeye just posted on entry #17!

Are you just testing our memory or our abilty to recall? LOL

I think I figured out by reading from the last thread that SierraShelby said the bikes were facing north/south. The trail heads east/west so the bikes were not facing a direction of travel. Is that correct? That doesn't seem natural to me. That seems like they were staged.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Can anyone link any cases where a reward actually was given out to someone?

The Unabomber; the $1 million reward went to his brother, David Kaczynski. After the legal fees had been paid, David Kaczynski distributed the remaining money amongst the relatives and survivors of Ted Kaczynski's victims. He continues to participate in fundraisers to benefit those families and survivors.

David Kaczynski was not at all motivated by the reward; his motivation for going to the FBI with his suspicions that his brother wrote the Unabomber's Manifesto was to prevent any more harm or injuries.

David Kaczynski - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think I figured out by reading from the last thread that SierraShelby said the bikes were facing north/south. The trail heads east/west so the bikes were not facing a direction of travel. Is that correct? That doesn't seem natural to me. That seems like they were staged.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Not natural is right IMO. Seems like the bikes were pointing to the lake. Intentionally is my guess. IMO

Remember when we were discussing possible delivery drivers being in the area on July 13?
I wonder if any drivers from this company in Readlyn came to town that day, and since it was on a Friday, maybe he was done for the day, so he only had his truck cab to ride around in. And don't they keep a log book of their time?

Oh, and remember... on the corner of Brovan and River Forest there IS that truck repair garage he may have stopped in to shoot the breeze with his friends if he knows them there.

Our fleet is comprised of Owner Operators and Company Drivers who are home every night

http://hartmantrucking.com/

Someone would have heard a truck - SierraShelby would have, I'm sure.

Or someone would have seen it parked down there I believe. Or noticed one on the side of the road, or just flat out where it shouldn't be.

This was so silent it ruled out any noisy abduction vehicles from the get-go...my opinion only of course.

Noise echoes around bodies of water.

:cow:

ETA: this just got me to thinking.

Every truck and van I've seen around here has a reversing alarm.

If a truck/van was used, it must've gone in one end and out the other...no reversing. Someone would have heard it most likely, especially if it was a company van. It suggests a driveby snatch NOT a "waiting in the bushes" snatch.

Alternatively, a car was used...this suggests either more than one perp, or the girls jumped in voluntarily.

Someone would have heard a truck - SierraShelby would have, I'm sure.

Or someone would have seen it parked down there I believe. Or noticed one on the side of the road, or just flat out where it shouldn't be.

This was so silent it ruled out any noisy abduction vehicles from the get-go...my opinion only of course.

:cow:

True, if it were any other time. That day was different. Constant loud semi, truck and car noise from the construction on the interstate.
It was always backed way up, so it wouldn't be a quiet area, not on that day anyway. It was a hot mess trying to drive ahead even 5 feet on it. I can see someone experiencing terrible road rage seeing he was stuck in traffic, and had to watch the girls riding on their bikes free and open from where he was stuck on the interstate. The rage built up and being a possible psychopath this would be "the perfect storm". When he finally got to the Evansdale turnoff he hurried into the park, he grabbed them and ZAP they were gone. :waitasec:

tlchawk?

eileenhawkeye just posted on entry #17!

Are you just testing our memory or our abilty to recall? LOL

Not testing :). I think maybe it was trawk something. I don't even know if it matters that much since I can't remember what I am even looking for.

Not testing :). I think maybe it was trawk something. I don't even know if it matters that much since I can't remember what I am even looking for.

CoeTrawk? He posted photographs.

If it is indeed two perps I strongly feel one of them will crack

Agree. One is going to be the leader, and the other a follower who my be easily intimidated or manipulated.

I see someone beat me to it - CoeTrawk.

If that isn't it, I can go back to older threads and check around. I'm just killing time until The Mentalist comes on at 10 p.m. (I have a crush on Patrick Jane:blushing:)

I assumed that the recipient wouldn't be announced. It would be done discreetly and quietly. What my question was, is how often in a case like this, is that actually done? I ask because in every case that I've followed that has had a huge reward people repeatedly say that the huge reward will loosen lips, yet I havent seen that to be the case. But it isn't like I follow every single case, I was inquiring about cases where it did indeed happen.

Maybe because it would have to wait until after the trial is over, and by that time, there is little media attention. Part of this reward was for simply finding the girls, wasn't it?? Not tied to an arrest and conviction??? Did we ever hear if the hunters that found the bodies will get part of the reward money?

If it is indeed two perps I strongly feel one of them will crack

Agree. One is going to be the leader, and the other a follower who my be easily intimidated or manipulated.

After all of this time, I think if someone was going to crack they would have already done so. JMO

Of course, if LE hasn't questioned this "follower" yet, maybe he still feels safe. Perhaps he won't crack until LE closes in on him and his "leader."

FAMILY REMINDER
(they are not persons of interest and cannot be speculated upon)

do NOT discuss other posters
(general reminder..)

*sigh*

So many questions, so few answers.

I'm very alert to the two folks SS saw fishing though.

This is the first I've heard of them, apart from Tammy's "fisher boy" but that was much later, nearly 3pm.

:confused:

Anyone else think this is probably the fisherman who Tammy talked to who said he'd been there "a long time"?

I would call it "a long time" if he'd already been there at the time SS was there and then still around 3 when Tammy spoke to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tici