IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
:eek:fftobed: night guys! Hubby and the dog need me! Keep us updated! Bring Kathlynn home! :please:

I wonder if he owns any other property beside the pig farm or if he has relatives in his area that owns farms, any kind of farms?

Jumping back and forth between Kathlynn thread and here. Comments indicate his mother in law owns the 2 pig farms. (I have yet to see links to verify this as fact) He gets out of jail after 20 years, is able to find a wife, get a job, and buy a home. :banghead:

:moo:

I never watched the video interview, so maybe the information was different. . .

"Klunder drove the girls throughout the rural Dayton countryside before stopping at a hog confinement where he worked.

&#8220;I tried to be quiet in the truck,&#8221; <12 y/o> said. &#8220;He said that if we did what he said, he&#8217;d let us go. But I knew that we were a long way from other peoples&#8217; houses. When we got to the hog confinement, I knew that something was wrong.&#8221;

<12 y/o> said that Klunder zip-tied their hands and took Kathlynn to another location on the grounds.

&#8220;He had a gun, but he left it. I took it and hid in the woods. I ran through the woods and past a field. I found a cemetery and then I ran some more,&#8221; <12 y/o> said."

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20130522/NEWS/305220101/1001/?odyssey=obinsite

To me, the article reads like he left her in the truck, but like I said I did not watch the actual interview and it won't stream for me now. If someone does have a link to the live interview, I would appreciate it. TIA!

I think they removed it. I did watch it though. Brave young girl. I'm sure that as a witness LE has gained important insight from her.

ETA: Brave D I'm sure led LE to Klunder. She gave a description of his red truck and Klunder being so tall they knew exactly who he was and where he lived.

Jumping back and forth between Kathlynn thread and here. Comments indicate his mother in law owns the 2 pig farms. (I have yet to see links to verify this as fact) He gets out of jail after 20 years, is able to find a wife, get a job, and buy a home. :banghead:

I don't know what it is about some women, but they think they have to have a man in their life irregardless of his past. I think some women are actually attracted to men in prisons albeit I cannot for the life of me understand it. A co-worker of mine is this type of woman. She actually started corresponding with a prisoner. He was sentenced to 40 years for accessory to murder - not sure of the whole story, but he got out early too after serving only 19 - 20 years of the actual sentence. This woman who has two beautiful children, one of whom is a gorgeous teenage girl, actually went and picked this man up when he was released from prison and brought him into her home. He was still wearing an ankle monitoring device. I mean, come'on. I believe in forgiveness, but to bring someone who is potentially dangerous and insert them into your children's lives ??? WTH??? Do you really need a man that badly? :banghead:

In regards to pigman and his bride, he was released in February 2011 and married Lisa Flygstad in Florida last year, February 2012, one year after his release. I would almost bet money they had started their relationship while he was still in prison. I'm sure he told a good sob story, but really ? to marry this guy? Did she have a clue? :stormingmad: The same article says they purchased a house in Stradford recently. I wonder if they looked at houses in Evansdale, perhaps a home on Meyers Lake???

I can't find anything definite with links that says his MIL owned the 2 pig farms either Bunnyhop! This article says only vaguely that he worked at agriculture businesses in the area. I too don't get it - in jail for 20 years, gets out, gets a job, marries and buys a house within 2 years of his release. :banghead: It sounds like she may have money if in fact mommy indeed owns the 2 pig farms and perhaps is into real estate ? Lucky guy huh? :bang: I wonder how his wife is feeling along about right now . . . :puke: Maybe I should give her the benefit of the doubt... perhaps she had no clue, but I think she knew about his past and married him anyway thinking he was "cured" or "wronged in the past." :curses:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/22/michael-klunder-kidnapper_n_3321859.html

I think they removed it. I did watch it though. Brave young girl. I'm sure that as a witness LE has gained important insight from her.

ETA: Brave D I'm sure led LE to Klunder. She gave a description of his red truck and Klunder being so tall they knew exactly who he was and where he lived.

Thanks Bunnyhop! I'm glad you were able to watch the interview. She's a hero for sure! I wondered how LE figured out it was Klunder so quickly. She must have given an excellent description and I bet for some reason he was on LE's radar. Maybe because he had just registered in January there as a sex offender - I don't know. Just scary when you read about this guy and his evil, evil crimes. The ex-girlfriend who had a kid with him actually changed their last names before he was released and had a permanent restraining order against him!! Yet, the parole board can't a freaking thing to keep this monster in jail? Give me a break!

I don't get it either Boot, to many times these people are released to go out and do it again. Quite scary, I was reading about Hadden Clark last night, "Born Evil", I found it crazy that they let him go at one point even after getting a partial confession!!

Whoever did this to Lyric and Lizzy had to have some type of abnormality in their life prior to this. Guessing some sort of abuse by parents. They feel helpless so later in life they need to control something. JMO

I don't know what it is about some women, but they think they have to have a man in their life irregardless of his past. I think some women are actually attracted to men in prisons albeit I cannot for the life of me understand it. A co-worker of mine is this type of woman. She actually started corresponding with a prisoner. He was sentenced to 40 years for accessory to murder - not sure of the whole story, but he got out early too after serving only 19 - 20 years of the actual sentence. This woman who has two beautiful children, one of whom is a gorgeous teenage girl, actually went and picked this man up when he was released from prison and brought him into her home. He was still wearing an ankle monitoring device. I mean, come'on. I believe in forgiveness, but to bring someone who is potentially dangerous and insert them into your children's lives ??? WTH??? Do you really need a man that badly? :banghead:

In regards to pigman and his bride, he was released in February 2011 and married Lisa Flygstad in Florida last year, February 2012, one year after his release. I would almost bet money they had started their relationship while he was still in prison. I'm sure he told a good sob story, but really ? to marry this guy? Did she have a clue? :stormingmad: The same article says they purchased a house in Stradford recently. I wonder if they looked at houses in Evansdale, perhaps a home on Meyers Lake???

I can't find anything definite with links that says his MIL owned the 2 pig farms either Bunnyhop! This article says only vaguely that he worked at agriculture businesses in the area. I too don't get it - in jail for 20 years, gets out, gets a job, marries and buys a house within 2 years of his release. :banghead: It sounds like she may have money if in fact mommy indeed owns the 2 pig farms and perhaps is into real estate ? Lucky guy huh? :bang: I wonder how his wife is feeling along about right now . . . :puke: Maybe I should give her the benefit of the doubt... perhaps she had no clue, but I think she knew about his past and married him anyway thinking he was "cured" or "wronged in the past." :curses:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/22/michael-klunder-kidnapper_n_3321859.html

Thanks Boots. As always, you said it well.
I just can't wrap my head around the dysfunction of it all.
I was briefly involved with a verbally abusive man. When I "saw the light", I ran like heck. I also documented everything, sought help at women's center AND went to LE for protection.

IMHO, it's very sad to me that all these freaks support each other and their families protect them. Sad world. Let's fight the good fight. :twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member