IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Todd has been bailed out. He had a $55,000 bond. Misty is still in & they have added a charge. (drugs)

HEARING FOR INITIAL APPEARANCE WOODS LARRY F 12/04/2013 12/04/2013 12/04/2013
Comments: PRELIM ON NEW CHARGE 12/16/13 1:15PM, BOND $15,000
ORDER APPOINTING COUNSEL AT STATE EXPENSE WOODS LARRY F 12/04/2013 12/04/2013 12/04/2013
Comments: JEREM WHITE
ORDER FOR ARRAIGNMENT STOCHL RICHARD D 12/04/2013 12/05/2013 12/05/2013
Comments: 12/16/13 @10AM
MINUTES OF TESTIMONY VILLONT JAY DEE 12/04/2013 12/05/2013 12/05/2013
TRIAL INFORMATION VILLONT JAY DEE 12/04/2013 12/05/2013 12/05/2013
APP FOR COUNSEL/FINANCIAL STATEMENT MORRISSEY MISTY JUNE MARIE 12/04/2013 12/04/2013 12/04/2013
CRIMINAL COMPLAINT FAYETTE COUNTY SHERIFF 12/04/2013 12/04/2013 12/04/2013

https://www.iowacourts.state.ia.us/ESAWebApp/SelectFrame

As far as the hunters talking now, I think the timing is right because of the date and the fact that LE doe's not want the public to think this case is getting cold. I think usually on anniversary's of abductions or recovery the public is given more information. Not sure though.

I have to bet there was no way to easily see the cause of death when these hunters found the girls.

IMO if these hunters could easily identify a COD they would NOT want their names out there. People could potentially hound them for info. As long as LE knows without a doubt there was no way for these guys to know COD they won't have an issue with them revealing their identities. But if there was anything clearly visible (shattered skulls from a gunshot, rope/strangulation device, or stab wounds on bone) they would NOT allow these guys to talk. :(

Or, maybe it's as simple as the guys didn't even get close enough or really look at the bodies. They may have seen just a fragment of one of the bodies and clothing or something like that and called LE right away.

My ONLY hesitation with that theory is that it is not all that uncommon for hunters to come across carcasses/bones during hunting season. All the hunters I know would have more than likely did a little "investigative" work (if the bones were not 100% intact) to determine it wasn't a deer or other larger animal carcass.

My guess is the girls were clothed (at least partially) and those hunters knew IMMEDIATELY it wasn't an animal carcass. :(

BBM

That's my theory as well. Something alerted the hunters to the fact that they were looking at more than animal bones. So unless they found relatively intact skeletons, I think they saw clothing along with bones and knew these were human remains. JMO.

Wonder if this is a delivery truck, but it appears as though it is just parked there. It's hard to see through the window. imo

Yeah... no idea, but it does make me think twice when I remember them looking for a boxy white vehicle. I would think if it was a current delivery truck it'd have more branding/stickers on it. IMO also.

BBM

That's my theory as well. Something alerted the hunters to the fact that they were looking at more than animal bones. So unless they found relatively intact skeletons, I think they saw clothing along with bones and knew these were human remains. JMO.

IIRC LE showed the family shoes to help ID the girls, so I would imagine those stood out to the hunters even if nothing else did.

So sad today thinking how long it's been, and realizing that justice (IMO) won't happen. I still hold out hope that whoever did this will be caught and punished, but that doesn't bring the girls back. :(

Q. How can you tell if a methhead is lying?

A. Their lips are moving.

:rolleyes:

If MCM's buddy has been looked hard at, well, there must be a reason.

Smock says they know where Klunder was on June 12 and 14, but they are still looking into his whereabouts on the 13th -- the day the girls went missing.

VERY INTERESTING!!!

Apparently Drew doesn't think it's Klunder. He speaks to someone who is still free.

Hmmm...

MK, as well as L's and E's killer, both chose an area having a bridge(s) and a river to dispose of bodies. Just of note, the bridge where KS was found has the same initials as hers.

RIP

Scanning the streets of Evansdale looking for a white vehicle that is similar to the one parked on WC's street.

There is the same type of truck which looks to be a newer model of the one on WC's street. It is parked at the Smoke Shack on Gilbert Street at River Forest Road.

I can't make out the business name on the side of the vehicle, but the word "City" is bold enough to see.

Just grasping at straws here! Picture also taken August 2012.

imo

http://www.kwwl.com/story/24138447/2013/12/04/exclusive-hunters-talk-about-finding-cousins-bodies

Hunters segment KWWL News

EXCLUSIVE: Hunters talk about finding cousins' bodies

Posted: Dec 04, 2013 6:56 PM EST
Updated: Dec 05, 2013 6:14 PM EST
Written by Nikki Newbrough, Multimedia Journalist - bio | email

KWWL.com Links
Lyric & Elizabeth

BREMER COUNTY (KWWL) -
Kevin Dramstad said he went fishing at Seven Bridges Wildlife Area in Bremer County multiple times, but on Dec. 5, his family decided to go hunting there.

That day is a day they will never forget.

Dramstad, his step-mother Amanda Miller and Miller's husband had been hunting at the park for about two hours when Dramstad came upon human remains.

"It didn't really cross our mind until after the highway patrolman had showed up and he had made a phone call," Dramstad said. "He said something over the phone about, 'I think we found the girls.'"

Miller said her family actually helped with the initial search for Lyric Cook and Elizabeth Collins of Evansdale, but she never thought they would be the ones who found the cousins.
<sniped - Read More>

Next up; Why do so many investigations go cold; KWWL live streamed news

http://www.kwwl.com/category/195327/kwwl-live-streaming

Touching...

"Dramstad said he felt as though God led them to the place the girls' bodies were.

"While we were in the moment, everything just seemed so surreal while it was taking place," Dramstad said. "I almost felt as though I was being led someplace before I actually stumbled on the remains of the girls. It was just a really unearthly feeling, I guess, about the whole situation."

Touching...

"Dramstad said he felt as though God led them to the place the girls' bodies were.

"While we were in the moment, everything just seemed so surreal while it was taking place," Dramstad said. "I almost felt as though I was being led someplace before I actually stumbled on the remains of the girls. It was just a really unearthly feeling, I guess, about the whole situation."

"The victims will speak too and guide those who will listen".. "I truly believe this".. "Good triumphs over Evil"..
RIP & Justice for Elizabeth Collins And Lyric Cook.

Wow, the hunters that found the girls were on KWWL. Never expected that.

From Article: EC & LC were abducted July 13, 2012. Not June 13, 2012. Sure hope this is a Typo & MJ Klunder's whereabouts is not being investigated for the wrong month......

RE: Smock said that, although they are following up on a number of leads, they are still not ruling out the late Michael Klunder.

In May, Klunder abducted two girls near Dayton, Iowa, killing one of the girls before killing himself.

Smock says they know where Klunder was on June 12 and 14, but they are still looking into his whereabouts on the 13th -- the day the girls went missing.

He says they have information about where Klunder might have been, but they aren't ready to release it just yet.

Whoops! Didn't even notice that!

Originally Posted by Foxfire View Post
From Article: EC & LC were abducted July 13, 2012. Not June 13, 2012. Sure hope this is a Typo & MJ Klunder's whereabouts is not being investigated for the wrong month......

RE: Smock says they know where Klunder was on June 12 and 14, but they are still looking into his whereabouts on the 13th -- the day the girls went missing.

Whoops! Didn't even notice that!

KWWL Just a typo. Sorry.

Jumping in here even though I didn't see the interview.

From what I understood from reading the article, it sounds like he came across some bones that he recognized as being human and called LE. Until he overheard the highway patrolman on the phone, he or his companions never associated the remains with the girls.

That would go against the theory that the hunters who discovered the girls' bodies were immediately able to recognize them because the girls may have been stored in a freezer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keithstarr