IA IA - Jodi Huisentruit, 27, Mason City, 27 June 1995 - Anchorwoman

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a notice on findjodi.com that says the witness has recanted her story. It says details will follow.

From the story on findjodi.com

Over the weekend, the woman had asked WCCO-TV for compensation in exchange for details about what she said she knew. The station declined.

I guess we can figure out THIS woman's motivation.

Did Jodi have a boyfriend/ Was there any fans who sent her alot of letters. I have lokked around but can't find anything on that. Samhoney, were you friends with Jodi, you called her by a nickname so I was just curious?

Today's radio news said that most local stations did not "run" with this news because they believed it was false. Only Channel 9 did. It sounds like this woman saw Chainsaw Massacre" and decided to follow the plot. Her story was suspect because there would be no reason for the 6 men to allow her to go.

The woman will probably be referred for psychiatric evaluation.

2sisters said:
Did Jodi have a boyfriend/ Was there any fans who sent her alot of letters. I have lokked around but can't find anything on that. Samhoney, were you friends with Jodi, you called her by a nickname so I was just curious?
Oh, no, I wasn't friends with her. I accidentally referred to Jodi as Trudi. :) Sorry about that.

samhoney said:
Oh, no, I wasn't friends with her. I accidentally referred to Jodi as Trudi. :) Sorry about that.
Ok, i thought it was a nickname for Huisentruit maybe. you don't need to apologize!:)

She makes me sick.... I really hope they charge her with something!!
This family has been through more than enough and then a psycho like this woman comes around and causes more pain. What a @#$% !!!!

Local talk is that the persons she accused were on Jody's web site a few years ago. She apparently did it for money, thinking she would be paid for her story.

The woman needs more help than imprisonment. I doubt she will do time - no pass history, psychiatric evaluation, etc.

Thanks for the links. I also think often of Jodi and wonder what happened to her. I live in Iowa and remember when this happened. There was some guy who kept records on absolutely everything about Jodi and every possible lead he couldfind. I can't remember where I heard about him or who he is/was. Have you heard of him? I think he may have been a retired cop or journalist and I saw a story on him on t.v. There was an unidentified skull found in Illinois (I think) and the drawing looked like Jodi, I thought. I will try to find the link for that if I can.

I believe the man you are thinking of is Jim Feldhaus. He's been looking for Jodi's killer for years now and probably has the most extensive list of clues, information, suspects, etc. of anyone concerned. Jim contacted me several years ago about Jodi's case. Although I do not leave all my cases posted all the time, most can be found in my 'Monthly Case & Story Selections' during the anniversary months of the persons disappearance or murder. For example - Jodi's case will be profiled in June, and anyone interested can find it by going to the following address [in June, not before] http://users.1st.net/mwells/June.htm

spacer.gif

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
UPDATE: 05/09/06 - Mason City Police and Hancock County Sheriff's Department confirming NO BODY was discovered near the edge of Eagle Lake. The area was dug with a backhoe the afternoon of May 9th. More information to follow.
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
spacer.gif
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]As indicated, following a ground penetrating radar area of probability, a backhoe was used to dig the area up. This is so typical of how investigations get screwed up. Why wasn't the area carefully excavated by hand?

Understandably the idea of a backhoe scooping up 600 lbs of dirt every 15 seconds from a potential burial site doesn't sound like the best way to go about finding a long buried body but "ground penetrating radar area of probability" sounds like "there's nothing special there but the media are fond of backhoes going after cadavers so let's give 'em a nice big backhoe to show on the news tonight".

It is possible that the authorities did not believe the witness was credible and that GPR imaging was not conclusive enough to warrant a more scientific (and much costlier) approach.

Bumping for Jodi. I always think about her this time of year because she disappeared around my birthday.

I couldn't get Starlight's link to work either (and it's June). It didn't even appear to be a website, but I could be wrong!

Thanks for bumping this sad case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member