IA IA - Joshua Caskey, 25, Winterset, 20 January 2024

amandabanana

Reaction score
Police are asking for your help in finding 25-year-old Joshua Caskey.

According to the Winterset Police Department Facebook post, he was last seen Thursday morning.

Officers were unable to find Caskey or his green 2013 Ford Taurus with Iowa plates KNZ677 on Friday.

Anyone with information about Joshua’s whereabouts is asked to contact the Winterset Police Department at 515-462-1423.

missing.jpg

Cute, happy-looking guy in the pic above. He has been gone 4 days. Distressing.
My thoughts are also with his family. I can't imagine what they are going through.
Hoping he is okay and that he will be home soon and safe.

The Winterest PD FB post for him says he was found missing when police conducted a welfare check. Who called for a welfare check? Winterset Police Department | Winterset IA I don't often see that outside of the elderly or housebound, though given the weather, I'm sure they have lots more such calls given the severe cold. Just wondering who notified the PD and if there were concerns other than him not being reachable. Looks like a happy young man, hope he just went off with friends and forgot to check in with family. UPDATE: The woman in the missing person photo with him is his girlfriend whom I can't name here. However if you search his missing info on FB she has a post up with additional information on his disappearance with regards to his phone and a possible call made that evening. Not verified, just interesting.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2024 article indicates an incomplete 911 call was received from his phone number.

[…]

Since the welfare check, evidence has been discovered that shows Graham-Caskey’s vehicle in Missouri and Oklahoma on Jan. 18.

[…]

Jan 24, 2024 article indicates an incomplete 911 call was received from his phone number.

[…]

Since the welfare check, evidence has been discovered that shows Graham-Caskey’s vehicle in Missouri and Oklahoma on Jan. 18.

[…]
The girlfriend stated he had made a 911 call that night but since it was just her post comment on Facebook I couldn't link at the time. Glad that was confirmed.

I had totally missed this.
Old unfortunately, but at least it looks like he was out and about, relatively safe.
424573718_697645109210828_857888353998927838_n.jpg

And this is just a local news report

The Polk county pulse - Joshua Graham-Caskey missing

Marissa did this week’s The Vanished podcast episode on Joshua.

•Apple link:

•Spotify:

After listening, I think it feels pretty apparent that mental health is somehow at play. I know family mentioned not being able to inquire about his admittance to any local mental health facilities due to privacy laws, but I’m surprised that law enforcement can’t. Wouldn’t the 911 call made on the day of his disappearance and sudden change in behavior qualify him as endangered missing (even though voluntary)? I found myself wondering if the VA has any record of treatment for him since he left Iowa

the family needs to make sure not to pay for the storage unit - wait for it to go up for auction and then bid /win the auction to find out the contents. they should wait for the police to enter when they win the bid.

the family needs to make sure not to pay for the storage unit - wait for it to go up for auction and then bid /win the auction to find out the contents. they should wait for the police to enter when they win the bid.
Getting the contents through auction is a good idea, however, if the police believed anything in the unit was of benefit in the investigation of a crime I think they would have already searched it. If they don't believe the contents are pertinent to a crime I don't see them coming out because the new owners of the contents ask them to. Police don't get involved with auctions of items that the owner knowingly agreed would have a lien placed on it if defaulting on payment. Hers' the law in his state on that: 2022 Iowa Code :: Title XIV - PROPERTY :: Chapter 578A - SELF-SERVICE STORAGE FACILITIES :: Section 578A.5 - Lien — late fee — electronic communication permitted..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Websleuth0000
Back